Naruto - Believe it! - Page 5

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 189

Thread: Naruto - Believe it!

  1. #61
    Pirate King Atomsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Every which way but up
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    You seriously think a boring twenty-episode Anime is better than Naruto?
    Quality, not quantity, my friend. FLCL has six episodes, and its story is perfectly formed. And forgive me if this sounds rude, and I mean this out of geunine curiosity, but do you have a short attention span? If so, then watch One Piece; trust me, this isn't just the fan in me saying it, it does have more exciting moments than Naruto. I was nodding off during episode 2, if that helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    I only came back because you guys are the first Anime Fans I have met who has such prejudice against Naruto... and I was quite curious as to why..
    You're looking in the wrong places. Go to the AnimeNewsNetwork forum, and you'll find why people hate Naruto.

    Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    even though Naruto is considered one of the best Anime ever
    By little kids, yes. Nothing wrong with that, just expect people to disagree with you. I'm not trying to argue anymore, just to try and clear the air.

    Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    Bleach, Bleach... Tite Kubo rocks as an artist. I think he is a master at filling space because all of his pages ooze in style and cool... but his story is basically non-stop fighting. They throw in a conspiracy or two, but nothing ever mind blowing, and it's basically back to back fighting and training. I also have no real feelings for the characters, I just feel no reason to because there isn't much character development outside of Ichigo. It also came out in an era of nothing but ghost story titles: Shaman King, Hikaru no Go (and a lot others I probably forgot) Because of that, I don't want to rank it as a classic yet. It's got some interesting concepts like on yin-yangs, but as of right now It hasn't blown me away. (I also am not certain if it has the same pull as the other super series)
    In other words, the artwork is the only interesting thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    D.Gray-man kind of suffers from being generic with a Christian theme. Other series do similar things.
    Fixed title. And D.Gray-man is a good manga, but lately it's been undergoing Trigun Syndrome; throwing in plot twists for the sake of it. I still enjoy it, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    Naruto is interesting in my book for these reasons, and why I'd consider it a neo classic
    Why can't you just call it "future classic"? Neo classic just sounds like you're trying to be cool.
    You should at least buy the English language a drink before you rape it.

  2. #62
    when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    lol, well, what ever you want to call it. "A classic of the 2000s" lol

    I should say that I love D. Grey-man as well it's really fun and exciting, sometimes dark, but yeah I think I can just look past my opinion and see that the plot isn't completely original.

  3. #63
    Registered User timoteyo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    56

    Default

    First of all, I watch One Peice, second of all no I don't have a short attention span asshole, and third I'm freakin 16 yrs old and I love Naruto! Most of the people I hang with and even those who aren't really into Anime says Naruto and Bleach is the shit! Little kids!? Go do some damn research. BTW when you said ninjas on Naruto doesn't act like ninjas its just all "magic". Do real pirates stretch themselves? Or shoot fireballs? No. So you cant talk about so-called "magic"

  4. #64
    PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    LET'S GO
    Posts
    3,090
    Blog Entries
    62
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

    Default

    NEEDS LESS SASKUE.

    That is all.

    Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

  5. #65
    The Counterweight TheArsenalRisen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    938
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fist Ace View Post
    By little kids, yes. Nothing wrong with that, just expect people to disagree with you. I'm not trying to argue anymore, just to try and clear the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    First of all, I watch One Peice, second of all no I don't have a short attention span asshole, and third I'm freakin 16 yrs old and I love Naruto! Most of the people I hang with and even those who aren't really into Anime says Naruto and Bleach is the shit! Little kids!? Go do some damn research. BTW when you said ninjas on Naruto doesn't act like ninjas its just all "magic". Do real pirates stretch themselves? Or shoot fireballs? No. So you cant talk about so-called "magic"
    I second timoteyo7. "Little kids." I lol'd. I know plenty of people as old as I am (15) and older that love Naruto and really enjoy watching it.

    And I don't watch One Piece but... lol! Naruto /=/ magic. They explain in more than one Naruto episode how that stuff works. :3

  6. #66
    Registered User timoteyo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    56

    Default The Naruto Rant

    Brace yourselves because I am about to go into a LOOONG rant, I want to close this argument now.

    Naruto IS a great Anime Ace, no matter what you say, no matter what you feel about other shows being better; Naruto is still in the top and always will be until it ends! Get over it. YOU feel that Naruto is a bad Anime and YOU cannot accept the fact that Naruto truly is one of the best Anime/Manga out there. You Naruto haters are only a minority group in the Anime community so who the hell cares about what you guys say about Naruto? And don’t give me that BS telling me there’s more Naruto haters out there than Naruto fans because you know just as well as I do that’s just a bunch of damn lies to back up your damn opinion.

    Sorry for the swearing but truthfully now I have just lost all respect for you Ace and your opinions. You know why? It’s not because of the fact that you don’t like Naruto. Everyone has different likes and dislikes, but when you started to use ignorance and stereotypes to back up your opinions you just switched off my tolerance button. You probably asking “What? How am I being ignorant?” Its simple you’re using untrue, and stupid statements and stereotypes about Naruto and Naruto fans to back up your opinions.

    Like when you say Naruto is only considered one the greatest Anime ever by little kids, and is only popular because girls only for Sasuke’s good looks, saying that people only fell for the “magic and wizardry” in Naruto. You know what? You sound just like what some of these Anime haters out there say in their blogs and their ranting videos. The reason as to why I am pissed about this is because I HATE ignorance and negative untrue stereotypes that people directs at groups, either to having to do with anything such as race, age, ethnicity, or even fandomns! Its alright to have opinions but when somebody comes up to me and say totally untrue things about this and that about the group I belong in, that truly pisses me off and makes me lose all respect for anyone who uses stereotypes in arguments. In your case your using stereotypes that deals with Naruto fans and the actual Anime/Manga.

    I read this blog once that just really wanted me to destroy my computer. A true long story so I will summarize. There was this guy in college who was a HUGE Anime fan. He had no friends; he was basically the lowest of the low in the social status. This one guy pretended to be his friend but behind the boy’s back he would talk about the boy to his friends cruelly. One day he finally let the cat out of the bag and told him how much of a loser and a waster of space he was, and how he hated Anime and told him basically all the negative stereotypes, and ignorance people have on Anime Fans. You know what the boy did next? He committed suicide, I was SO VERY MAD after reading that blog that it made me want to break my freaking computer and ever since then I just hated people who used ignorance and stereotypes to express their opinions about a certain group of people. And if you DARE say “So what? Its still my opinion” then your thoughts and opinions can go to hell!!


    I thought when I came in here debating on with you about Naruto, I thought I was arguing with a mature intellectual person, You told me you didn’t like Naruto and I respected that and just was slightly curious but when you started to use stereotypes, again you just lost all the respect I had for you. Now just like that guy said in an early post I am going LALALALA NARUTO IS THE GREATEST!! Because your untrue statements just turned everything off for me.

    FIRST OF ALL! Do you SERIOUSLY think that only little kids are considering Naruto to be one of the best Anime!? You know DAMN well that’s not true! What about those Japanese animators who praise Kishimoto’s work!? What about the Manga Artists who draws happy anniversary pictures and congratulates Kishimoto on his great work in the Manga books!? What about those companies, game websites, TV corporations, TV websites that considers Naruto one of the best and most highly rated shows up there with even Heroes?

    If Naruto sucks so badly! If Naruto fails as an Anime/Manga so much! Then why the hell did Naruto get rated as Japan’s 17th favorite program? If Japan is even saying Naruto is one of the best, then who cares about some small group of critics saying Naruto sucks!? If Naruto sucks so bad then why are video gaming companies like Ubisoft even wasting their time challenging Japan to a “Who can make a better Naruto video game” contest? If Naruto sucks so bad then why are these companies, why are these T.V experts praising Naruto? If Naruto sucks so badly then why was the Naruto Manga actually used to be in the TOP 10 BEST-SELLING BOOKS IN THE WORLD!! (Not on the list anymore now though) I think the Naruto Manga was also the first comic book to actually get digitalized, so Naruto started a new era for comics, but of course you’re probably going to give me more BS about how this does not equal quality (Rolls eyes)

    Sorry but I am very pissed off right now, and I usually don’t get this serious on the net. I can EASILY say the same thing about only little kids thinking One Piece is a great Anime. I think I recall the American dubbed version being on 4kidsTV for a time and most people would probably think One Piece is only watched by little kids because of how goofy and juvenile the characters act on One Piece! But you don’t see me using negative stereotypes and untrue statements against One Piece fans because I know like Naruto it’s probably edited to make it “Kid Friendly” and has an uncensored version.

    I could EASILY do what you’re doing right now and go to a One Piece fan site and say to them “HEY! ONE PIECE IS STUPID AND IS FOR LITTLE KIDS!! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU NERDS LIKE THIS!! ONLY LITTLE KIDS WATCH THIS DUMB SHOW! GET A LIFE YOU LOSERS!! HAHAHAHAHA!!” I could go on and on about the faults of every One Piece, and you would probably go on an on proving me wrong and getting mad like I am if I said these untrue statements about the fans of your favorite shows and that its popularity only comes from little kids. You probably wouldn’t want to hear me say Naruto is better than One Piece or hear me say One Piece are for losers and dumbassess and say all kinds of untrue stuff about the show. I would try to persuade you how dumb the show is but you would deny everything and I would say the same thing you said earlier. Quote:

    "That would be tantamount to sacriliege to dare think of such a thing."


    NO! I know that One Piece is a great Anime, and I’m not going to criticize people and use such LIES AND STEREOTYPES to prove otherwise. I have to disagree with you on the action being better than Naruto’s I have to admit some parts are especially when Luffy fights the leaders those fights are better than some of the action on Naruto but still I don’t really watch or read the Manga because most of the times the characters can be a little TOO goofy and random at times but still I consider One Piece to be an excellent Anime/Manga along with the other top Shounen Magazine Manga such as Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note. But YOU can’t even admit that Naruto is great! Your just basically hating everything about Naruto regardless of how much success, positive reviews, and ratings it may get. Are you just in denial? But then again your probably just going to give me BS and deny that too

    Then here comes the wizardry part… it’s ANIME! This is one of the things the Japanese is known for. FAN-TA-SY!! I could care less if the Anime characters are supposed to be police men who has guns that shoots Kamehame waves! Then when you say Naruto was only good in the land of the waves because of they acted like real ninjas, then it went downhill from there because they didn’t act like real ninjas no more. What about One Piece? Just as I said before since when can REAL pirates stretch themselves? Since when can REAL Pirates shoot fireballs out of their hands! If you never liked the so-called “Magic and Wizardry” then why the hell are you even an Anime Fan to begin with? Sure theirs the realistic Anime, but the most popular will always be the fantasy ones with extreme violence, super powers that would bring Super Man to shame, a great storyline, and cool action that will excite the fans and will make you say “HOLY CRAP! THAT WAS AWESOME!!” This is what Anime is known for, and why it becomes drastically more popular every year.

    Just as Belle said Naruto and other popular Anime are making more people interested in making comic books and creating art. Not only that but ever since Naruto, Bleach, FMA, and Inuyasha come to America, I noticed Anime has really became more popular and has gotten less criticism and negative views about it in America. T.V experts even say that in an about 5-10 years Anime will be a common thing to watch for Americans as it becomes more mainstream every year. Sure theirs still the ignorant Anime/Narutard haters out there and the very religious people who considers Anime to be “demonic, “Evil”, and against God. But still Naruto and others are really changing people’s views about Animation, as Adults in America still believes in the stereotypes that all Animation is just for comedy and for kids. Anime such as Naruto are starting to change the views about Animation in America. I know you don’t like Naruto, but to actually say that it is not one of the best Anime ever is just pure denial. BUT of course as I said your probably just going to deny it, it may or may not be denial. But I am starting to think the only reason why some Anime Fans hates Naruto is because of its success, or maybe how its ruining other “Unappreciated’ Anime be noticed that they consider better than Naruto or maybe how they are sick and tired of “Narutards” saying it’s the best show ever made or something. BUT every one of you knows deep down inside despite how you feel that Naruto will go down in history as one of the best Anime. Its good to have opinions but your opinions won’t change REALITY! Or THE TRUTH!

    When you compared Dodgeball to Naruto… Who in their right mind would even consider comparing DODGEBALL to NARUTO! ARE YOU FLIPPING SERIOUS!!??
    Yes that was an underdog story! Still is some freaking Dodgeball movie going to be as good as The Pursuit of Happiness!? Do you really think that Dodgeball is as emotional, and inspirational as Naruto is? There are many people out there I know who shared stories with me telling me they used to cry a lot and was very depressed before they became Naruto fans. To these people Naruto is their Hero, the person who made them strive to become stronger people and work harder to achieve their dreams and goals. Do you think that Dodgeball that wasn’t even meant to be taken seriously will be as inspirational and serious as Naruto and The Pursuit of Happiness was? Wow to actually compare the two is utterly ridiculous. Naruto faces more then just being lucky at some Dodgeball match, he faces death all the time, and he was hated among every villager in the Konoha. For a person to actually escape such hatred without committing suicide or becoming insane shows a type of strength that barely anyone has these days. That is why some damn Dodgeball cannot be compared with Naruto (Or any other “SERIOUS” underdog story for that matter) and also why Naruto is great not because of Sasuke’s fan girls or positive reviews from 7 years olds but because of the inspirational storyline that Dodgeball would never compare with!! But still you will probably deny this and shrug it off like its nothing.

    Now, lets go on to the very famous “Popularity doesn’t mean quality” speech. Even though I think Naruto IS of High Quality I’m going to use your so-called definition of “Quality”. Hmmmmmmmm this may be true in some cases but ask you what are people going to choose now a days? Money or “Quality”? Hmmmmmmmm hard choice indeed. Think about it, do people really give a damn about “Quality”? Companies, yes they aim to make the best product but they’re greatest aim is to make the most money. Am I correct? Companies could care less if what they are selling sucks in quality, if its IN DEMAND they will sell it regardless of it being a piece of crap.

    But that’s still won’t persuade you will it, well if being number 1 and being so damn successful is not quality then you know what I say to quality? Fuck quality. I would rather make an exciting Anime that will make my fans go wow and make me a millionaire then to focus on damn quality, I could care less if a bunch of animation nerds are talking about my show behind my back. Who cares! I’ll be living the life! Helping the Poor! Sending my children off to College! Donate money for cures! Riding a Lamborghini! Living the good life! Especially in these hard times! But of course since you honorably would choose quality over that then I won’t hold you down for it. But if that’s what truly quality is then I say fuck it. Life is too short for such nonsense.

    I can understand quality being a factor in Art or something that needs quality but for Anime like Naruto, according to you, that doesn’t matter in becoming popular and making the mula. For example consider this, Pokemon Fanfiction. Which type will get the most reviews? One with a shipping like Advanceshipping or Pearlshipping? Or a Fanfic with no shipping at all? The answer is obvious. Even though a Fanfic with no ship may have a better all around story they won’t get that much attention like the ones with Shippings, even if their fanfic sucks. Some Anime out their may be better than Naruto, whatever, (But FLCL and Technolyze, definitely not) but the ones that will get the most attention will always be the cool action packed ones or at least be very interesting and not want to make you throw the T.V out the window…

    And before I close this, I’ve been doing some browsing and reading and was very surprised as to what I have found. Wtf is all this about “Narutards” attacking Naruto hating websites? Or Vice-versa? What the hell is all this about wars going on!

    ALL OF THIS PREJUDICE AND HATE OVER THE FACT WE LIKE A SHOW!!?? Wtf Is wrong with people these days!?

    But arguing with you, I can tell why “Narutards” are attacking Naruto haters, you probably all say and think the same stereotypical views about Naruto, and the lies and ignorance probably pissess us off.

    But then again my fellow Naruto fans are partly to blame to, I’d say just ignore them. As long as YOU know that Naruto is the best, as long as YOU know Naruto is incredible then who the hell cares about what some Anime/Narutard hater may say? I don’t think you should reduce yourself to such immaturity as “Forum Wars”…

    You or anyone else isn’t going to change my opinion on Naruto, and I’m obviously not going to change you or any Naruto hater’s opinions on it. It’s alright to not like Naruto but to use stereotypes and then say “ALL YOU ENTER GROUP HERE SHOULD JUST GO UNDER A ROCK AND KILL YOURSELVES!!!” Or say untrue things about Naruto Fans and untrue reasons as to why it is good based on stupid stereotypes is just stupid. Tch.. It kinda reminds me about how blacks are forced to deal with the opinions of KKK if they want to start a march or something..

    Everything has critics; even the BEST OF THE BEST will have haters. Jay-z is considered the “best rapper ever” but I bet you theirs some people out there who say Jay-Z sucks and condemns all Jay-Z fans. Will Smith is probably the highest paid and most popular actor in Hollywood, but still since “Popularity doesn’t equal quality” I bet their some guys out there ranting on about how Will Smith fails as an actor… Ooooh how about the Ipod? That’s very popular and probably making millions but as the quote says “Popularity doesn’t equal quality” theirs probably some technology nerds out there ranting on and on about how the Ipod is the crappiest machine and or Mp3 player out there… pffft and your comparison with Naruto V.S Technolyze.. Is basically like comparing The Dark Knight V.S Rent pfffft.. and FLCL was perfectly formed? I’m not saying it was a bad Anime… it’s just that… well that Anime was very very random and crazy and retarded (in a good way). Wish they would of made that longer though, I quite enjoyed it. Now what’s next Bobobobo (or whatever it’s called) is better than Naruto too? Everybody has different tastes I guess….

    Well my rant is over. Anyone can reply and say all they want but I’m not replying back. I may read what you have to say but I’m not going to be apart of this argument anymore. We are basically arguing over nothing. I love Naruto and you hate Naruto, this debate is getting us nowhere, let us stop this foolishness and get on with our lives. I’ll only reply again if people start talking about something else like maybe the characters but if this argument keeps going or this thread is inactive well I’m not coming back.

    Before I leave before you say "Naruto is only considered the best Anime by little kids" DO SOME DAMN RESEARCH BEFORE SPREADING LIES!!!" Peace.

    Here's something from Wikipedia for you to enjoy:

    The Naruto anime adaptation won the "Best Full-Length Animation Program Award" in the Third UStv Awards held in the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, Philippines. In TV Asahi's latest top 100 Anime Ranking, Naruto ranked 17th on the list.
    Last edited by timoteyo7; 22nd October 2008 at 10:51 AM.

  7. #67
    It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    13,538
    Blog Entries
    98
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

    Default

    tl;dr! The only thing I read was the last part of your big block of text:

    Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    The Naruto anime adaptation won the "Best Full-Length Animation Program Award" in the Third UStv Awards held in the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, Philippines. In TV Asahi's latest top 100 Anime Ranking, Naruto ranked 17th on the list.
    So you claim that Naruto is the best anime and yet you use a piece of evidence that puts it in the 17th place? That's far from the best. :P

  8. #68
    aka mje89 oddball walking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Worksop, UK
    Posts
    149

    Default

    I like Naruto a lot (manga is the best) but I hate its fans. I'm a member at onemanga and the amount of n00bs is crazy (don't believe me read the Q ans A thread) but its much worst on narutowire that is infested with idiots.
    It seems to attract retards but then again so dose any 'good thing' it must be a victim of its fame.

    BTW, I only read/watch the Japanese ones the dub and edited manga is crap.

    Dattebayo!
    Last edited by oddball walking; 22nd October 2008 at 12:36 PM.

  9. #69
    when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    To be fair that list changes all the time, and Most people (Well, I would at least) say Naruto is for kids because all Shonen Manga are for kids by definition. I guess not little kids like Coro Coro Comics, but they really are designed for the 11-15 year old crowd. That said, being on a pokemon forum I don't think we have a right to say we don't like something because it's "Kiddy" (Though admittedly I do still do it for some things in extreme cases) But yeah, nothing wrong or shameful for liking things created for kids.

    Admittedly I think some people may dislike Naruto because they probably feel that it doesn't deserve the popularity it gets, or maybe they just had bad experiences with their fans, but yeah there probably also people who just don't like it. Some people don't like Shonen Manga period, and a Show can be a famous classic and popular but hated by a large mass. Dragonball comes to mind, a lot of people hate that for things that the Anime does (Just Like Naruto).

    Also to be fair, I think you deserve to be "Emo" (or want reckless revenge in true fashion to what Sasuke is suppose to be :P) if your older brother killed your parents and the rest of your family. Just sayin'...
    (lol)

    Fanboy Rambling Censored for your pleasure:
    Last edited by bell02+; 22nd October 2008 at 01:07 PM.

  10. #70
    Pirate King Atomsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Every which way but up
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    Brace yourselves because I am about to go into a LOOONG rant, I want to close this argument now.
    Jesus Christ, my last post was meant to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    (But FLCL and Technolyze, definitely not)
    Have you actually seen Texhnolyze? I don't think you can make a fair assumption based on ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    Here's something from Wikipedia for you to enjoy:
    Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    something from Wikipedia
    Quote Originally Posted by timteyo7 View Post
    Wikipedia
    You do see the flaw there, don't you?

    I made my reasons clear why I dislike Naruto, I wasn't trying to be offensive, and there's nothing wrong in something intended for kids. But you seem to think it is among the greatest anime ever, which I will vehemently disagree with you on, because you obey the "10,000 Frenchmen can't be wrong" rule. I cannot make this any clearer:

    Popularity =/= quality

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
    And I don't watch One Piece but... lol! Naruto /=/ magic. They explain in more than one Naruto episode how that stuff works. :3
    Yes, it is performed with magical energy.

    Perhaps I should be clearer: none of the characters in Naruto really act like ninja. They do skulk around, but then they charge in all guns blazing. A ninja has to get behind their opponents and attack them silently; at least pirates don't have to be subtle. Look at the recent chapter and we've got the six Pains launching a war campaign. There's not even an attempt at stealth, so it's not being a ninja, is it?

    Furthermore, Naruto just takes itself too seriously. You cannot do it in shounen. One Piece is perfectly aware its pirates aren't really pirates outside of sailing around on boats, and pokes fun of it. The thing with these magical powers is that ninja have/had a specific role: they had to silently kill an enemy. Magic would just spoil it unless it benefitted them, like Zabuza's Kirigakure no Jutsu. Ninja also had to use the gotonpo (five elements of escape) when caught; they wouldn't stand their ground. They were cowards. Pirates just charged in, so magic isn't that big a deal.

    I'm pretty sure I said I wanted to stop this argument because of where it was going.
    You should at least buy the English language a drink before you rape it.

  11. #71
    The Pumpkin King Snake Bandage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Under the kitchen sink
    Posts
    3,631

    Default

    Ahah okay, wow. I did not read that rant but wow, I had no idea someone could rant so much about a freakin' shounen manga.

    You know, you guys can think what you want, I'm going to just stay here and enjoy the manga despite everything. Okay? Cool.

  12. #72
    Pirate King Atomsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Every which way but up
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Bandage View Post
    You know, you guys can think what you want, I'm going to just stay here and enjoy the manga despite everything. Okay? Cool.
    Sounds like a much better plan. I'll just re-read Lee vs. Gaara, that never gets old.
    You should at least buy the English language a drink before you rape it.

  13. #73
    Registered User timoteyo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    56

    Default

    LOL, Yeah that was a LOOONG rant but I was in the mood truthfully thats the longest thing I've written on the net even I'm suprised... I guess my emotions made me blind a lttle bit.. I still disagree but whatever, who cares. You hate Naruto thats just the way you are lets get on with life, I'm loving Snake's plan. Not trying to argue again but uh Naruto is intended for kids?

    Hidan: "Stay the fuck back Kakuzu! I can handle these pussies on my own!"

    ....

    Maybe the edited CN dubbed version is kiddy but definately not the uncensored and japanese version of Naruto. Not trying to start a an arguement again just clearing things up. I wouldn't say the japanese version is intended for 11-15 years olds maybe something more the lines of 16 and up as some Naruto episodes in Japan are actually rated R+ (Japanese age rating system meaning 17+ with Mild Nudity, Voilence, and Profanity). I don't really like the dubbed version that "Believe it" crap is annoying.. and I hate how the CN took parts off episode 133 those assholes. I did some research one time as to why they nwon't shoe Naruto on Adult Swim or at least show the Uncut version and I found out those bastards at Turner and Viz Media are monly doing it for the damn money!! Very popular stores like walmart apparently doesn't allow un-family frendly stuff in their market!! Its not just Naruto either!! EVERY Anime except the ones on AW are edited to widened the audience for money! What about the fans you assholes!! And plus the CN took out Toonami!!! I grew up with that and those bastards took it off the channel!? Cartoonnetwork are jerks, I only watch that damn channel now only if Naruto or Adult Swim is on.

    Well yeah i still like Pokemon belle, but I'm only here because of the Pokemon games and Fanfiction. The Anime in my opinion compared to some of the incredible FF's truly sucks balls... those writers are some damn losers... I WANT TO SEE ADVANCESHIPPING OR PEARLSHIPPING!!! (Fan of the pairings Pokemon has alot of potential as an Anime, if the writers wasn't so scared to break age barrierrs, kill Team Rocket, and give it a epic cool storyline, then it wouldn't suck so bad. Pokemon could be even up there with Naruto and One Peice if wasn't for it being the fact its intended for children. (AND THE WRITERS!!)

    Ace, If you hate Naruto so much... then how do you know so much about it.. including the Pein part.. why was we even arguring then... or is it because I said naruto was one of the greatest Anime ever and you just disagreed with what I said but still read the manga?

    Read PKMN Generations people! (my FF)
    Last edited by timoteyo7; 22nd October 2008 at 05:48 PM.

  14. #74
    A cute little robot girl. Satoshi-kun's Avatar Social Media Deputy Coordinator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,276
    Blog Entries
    73
    Follow Satoshi-kun On Twitter Add Satoshi-kun on Facebook
    Follow Satoshi-kun on Tumblr Visit Satoshi-kun's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fist Ace View Post
    Furthermore, Naruto just takes itself too seriously. You cannot do it in shounen. One Piece is perfectly aware its pirates aren't really pirates outside of sailing around on boats, and pokes fun of it.[/url]
    AMEN to that. One of the best aspects of One Piece is that it is not trying to take itself seriously. It's something that you can sit back, watch, and have a good time watching. The same with the original Dragonball series. It rarely took itself seriously (at least not until the king piccolo saga and after). As a matter of fact, one of the downfalls of Dragonball Z was that by that point it was starting to get too serious, and had lost a lot of the humor that used to be in the series.

    Also, back on the Naruto topic, I also agree with you on the fact that ninjas are all about stealth. You're not supposed to see a ninja or hear a ninja until it's too late, and if the ninja is good enough, maybe not even then. Stealth, speed, a good sword... these are things a ninja will have. Loud, noisy, crazy hand motions that almost look like gang signs... maybe if there was a such thing as an urban ninja, that would fly. Loud in a loud city would be stealthy... but this is Naruto, not Urban Ninjas (oh man, that would be pretty cool though... oh wait, I guess you could call the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Urban Ninjas," couldn't you? They were pretty cool, I used to watch that show all the time as a kid. Fun fact, a lot of the early episodes were worked on in part by Toei, kinda interesting for an American animated show, but I am now rambling, aren't I? =^.^=).

    Also, having power to manipulate items such as sand, plants... that's magic, even if it's not called that... it is. It at least is supernatural. Albeit there was a lot of the supernatural in such films as Ninja Scroll, there wasn't nearly as much imo, and at least the ninjas in that film were... more like ninjas.

  15. #75
    The Pumpkin King Snake Bandage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Under the kitchen sink
    Posts
    3,631

    Default

    All this talk of "true ninjas" is making me laugh so hard.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •