Naruto - Believe it! - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto - Believe it!

I'll say this: the animation in the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight in episode 133 was excellent, very fluid movement which people seem to think is bad, including TV Tropes. This should tell you all you need to know. Shippuuden just contains a bunch of unimaginative, boring stills that just make the fights look even more shallow.

There's your explanation for "shitty animation" in Shippuuden.
    You should at least buy the English language a drink before you rape it.

What the heck is a weaboo?

Well sorry guys I just can't see "Shitty Animation" in Shippuuden like you can. It looks good to me especially the sponsored episodes like 78-79. I could tell that episode had to cost a lot of money.

Its amazing to me that everyone attacks Naruto yet statistically speaking its still the number 1 Anime (I just said the magic words to hell..) I would be damned working 40-60 hours a week on hard to create animation to have some guy show up and say my show has "Shitty Animation"

Quote Originally Posted by timoteyo7 View Post
    What the heck is a weaboo?
    Someone who loves everything and anything that comes from Japan, thinks Japan's the greatest country on Earth, and condemns anything English, American, etc. despite being English or American.

Well sorry guys I just can't see "Shitty Animation" in Shippuuden like you can. It looks good to me especially the sponsored episodes like 78-79. I could tell that episode had to cost a lot of money.
    Just because it cost a lot doesn't necessarily mean it's good. The remake of Planet of the Apes cost a lot but it wasn't great and threw in a twist ending for the sake of it. Most blockbusters cost an average of $100 million, and have to earn three times that much to at least break even. As such, they tend to fail more often than they succeed.

Point being: expensive =/= good.

And since you think Naruto is the greatest thing since sliced bread, of course you're not going to think it's bad. That would be tantamount to sacriliege to dare think of such a thing.

Its amazing to me that everyone attacks Naruto yet statistically speaking its still the number 1 Anime (I just said the magic words to hell..) I would be damned working 40-60 hours a week on hard to create animation to have some guy show up and say my show has "Shitty Animation"
    Hey, guess what?! Popularity doesn't equal quality!!

The world doesn't operate to Equivalent Exchange (assuming you've watched Fullmetal Alchemist); effort doesn't mean it's good. Besides, everybody works hard for just about anything, but that isn't an indicator of quality. I have a right to find flaws in anything and everything. Sympathy for the hours of production cannot be added in.

I give up, Naruto has shitty animation. So if Naruto is of low-quality, then why does the manga, the anime, the video games, and even the accessories has such success? Why is this "low-quality" show the most viewed Anime and Manga to date? Naruto IS of high-quality not because of the animation. Its the inspirational storyline that make it great. People loves stories about a nobody a failure surviving hell, fighting the odds even in the darkest of times to rise into greatness.

Blog Entries

I do agree with you, though most people don't even care about the story sadly, all they see is, "a ninja wearing orange, wait that's not logical... I can't watch it."

It ticks me off that just because some people get turned off just because of their look.

Thank you Ino.

Blog Entries
    Add Charizards Burn on Facebook
    Follow Charizards Burn on Tumblr Visit Charizards Burn's Youtube Channel

Cmon who doesn't like watching ninjas fight?
    << Credit goes to Felly For This Awesome Banner!

White 2 Friend Code: 0004 4607 7479 (Zaine)

I don't calculate stat values, nor do I care about natures. I just catch my Pokemon the way they are, and play the game normally. If you agree copy and paste this into your sig.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

I like watching REAL ninjas, not Naruto.

That said, the story switched from Naruto's life to Sasugay's emo angst. That ruined the whole series, imho. The first episodes were funny to watch, but once Orochimaru appeared, everything became lame.

I still think the manga is great and is rightfully listed with Bleach and One Piece as a new shounen classic, but the anime really really fails. That's all.

Blog Entries

I think that the series actually needed those episodes in order to keep the whole series from falling apart. Getting rid of a main character is one of the smartest things they could have done. And in shippodon, he gets much better as a character.

lol Thats the reason why I still watch the Anime. The fights especially the ones with Akatsuki looks so damn cool it makes waiting through "Stfu already and fight already" dialogue and the lame fillers... I just don't watch the Anime when fillers are on and wait until they get back to the original story. The Manga is great but I'm the type of person who loves music, movement, and cool special effects. I seriously can't wait for the upcoming fights with Akatsuki regardless of how bad the animation is.

Blog Entries

I do watch the fillers, just because it shows how much the writers can add to the whole show. It seems that there are way too many fillers out now though.

I give up, Naruto has shitty animation. So if Naruto is of low-quality, then why does the manga, the anime, the video games, and even the accessories has such success? Why is this "low-quality" show the most viewed Anime and Manga to date?
    Because popularity doesn't equal quality. Ever heard of Texhnolyze? That is an excellent anime but I bet you never heard of it. Firefly? Brilliant, yet reduced to cult status. It's only successful because little boys fell for the magical wizard ninja™ gimmick and teenage girls started squealing over Sasuke. My point?

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good.

Its the inspirational storyline that make it great. People loves stories about a nobody a failure surviving hell, fighting the odds even in the darkest of times to rise into greatness.
    Big deal. The whole underdog story has been going for years now and just isn't original or great. Dodgeball at least knows it's an underdog story. If you want a real underdog, look at Lee. He has worked much harder than Naruto; the latter only relies on the Nine-Tailed Fox.

Naruto was only good around the Land of Waves arc because it had ninja who acted like real ninja; meaning they used stealth in concert with ninja magic. Nowadays, it's mainly magic. Furthermore, as it is basically about Japanese wizards, it should do a Dragonball and just become one continuous adventure of Naruto trying to become Hokage. But Kishimoto is just trying to make his story deeper than it needs to be by adding all manner of subplots; now we've got prophecies and gods and destinies that aren't necessary. Shounen manga like Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball etc. can't take themselves seriously when the subject matter is anything but. Naruto does just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ino-chan View Post
    I do agree with you, though most people don't even care about the story sadly, all they see is, "a ninja wearing orange, wait that's not logical... I can't watch it."

It ticks me off that just because some people get turned off just because of their look.
    I don't watch it because of that. I don't watch it because it's derivative, shallow, and tries to make itself appear deep.

You seriously think a boring twenty-episode Anime is better than Naruto? (blinks) Okay... well I give up in ur opinion Naruto has no purpose and is low quality, but I think Naruto is the shit. I only came back because you guys are the first Anime Fans I have met who has such prejudice against Naruto... and I was quite curious as to why.. even though Naruto is considered one of the best Anime ever I guess their are Anime fans out there who feel differently.
    Last edited by timoteyo7; 20th October 2008 at 06:01 PM.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Woah, woah, let's calm down a bit shall we? lol

Well, I don't know, I'm not really much of an Anime person anymore (I'm more of a Manga person) and because of that I generally prefer the longer running series (But I guess that is because the shortest manga tend to be manga based on Anime, and like Video game movies, Manga based on Anime tend to suck, lol)

I do like the Naruto manga, I wouldn't call it genius, but I wouldn't call it bad either. I also would consider it a Neo-Classic Manga, but that said, I wouldn't consider Bleach one, or something like D. Greyman one, something like that. I love those series, but they just seem to lack in the likes of Naruto and One Piece.

Bleach, Bleach... Tite Kubo rocks as an artist. I think he is a master at filling space because all of his pages ooze in style and cool... but his story is basically non-stop fighting. They throw in a conspiracy or two, but nothing ever mind blowing, and it's basically back to back fighting and training. I also have no real feelings for the characters, I just feel no reason to because there isn't much character development outside of Ichigo. It also came out in an era of nothing but ghost story titles: Shaman King, Hikaru no Go (and a lot others I probably forgot) Because of that, I don't want to rank it as a classic yet. It's got some interesting concepts like on yin-yangs, but as of right now It hasn't blown me away. (I also am not certain if it has the same pull as the other super series)

D.Grey man kind of suffers from being generic with a Christian theme. Other series do similar things.

Naruto is interesting in my book for these reasons, and why I'd consider it a neo classic outside of the core requirement of views and sales: Well, for one, I think Naruto is very similar to Harry Potter. Stories of the beginning aside they both took something classic and basic such as Kage Bunshin, Flame Throwers, Puppeteer Assassins, Ninja Dogs, and the like (and the different creatures and magics in the case of Harry Potter) and Modernized them for today, much like Dragonball took classic Chi and the tale of Goku and Modernized it for the 80s and 90s.

Naruto has all the Common Shonen Themes of being loud, an under dog, and a punk and made it their own. They gave Naruto a reason of being loud and the like, and took the themes and made it a sort of Ironic Satire in being Ninja (especially highlighted in his bright orange outfits)

Then Kishimoto does have an identifiable and signature artstyle that is unique to him (and his brother... but that doesn't count) Much like all the real popular artist you can tell when he draws something and when it is someone else.

It's that with it's popularity that will keep it a classic in my book and probably will inspire the Japanese Youth of Today into making comics.

As for the story itself, I like that Naruto isn't just non-stop fighting for no reason. They do take time to develop character and they did do things that aren't common like the time skip. It makes it a little bit more fun to read. Now, every character isn't really developed, but I like that there is at least a hand full that are.

One Piece, which I keep bringing in for no relevant reason other than I'm a super fanatic, has many of those qualities that Naruto has, and some things different, also why I think it will stay a Neo-Classic. (But I must admit that it too doesn't always have the best animation quality which is why I never use Animation quality as a reason to say a show is bad. Another reason being is it means that Many Older Cartoons, American ones included, are allowed to be disregarded which I think isn't fair)

----
    (edit) Well, I take that last statement back, I don't mind the horrible Animation as long as it is inconsistent and tries to hide it as silly as that sounds. I reminded myself of some Fake Anime that try to cut back on frame rate to get that so called "Anime Effect" (Shoot should Anime be in black and white to get that American effect!), it also drove me batty in Avatar the Last Airbender. I respect and can understand that people can love that show, but god how I hate it! (lol)
    Last edited by bell02+; 20th October 2008 at 08:28 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast