Naruto - Believe it!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto - Believe it!

Blog Entries
    Add Charizards Burn on Facebook
    Follow Charizards Burn on Tumblr Visit Charizards Burn's Youtube Channel

Default Naruto - Believe it!

What does everyone think about it?

I liked the chunin exam arc the most XD The greatest battles happened in those perliminary rounds..

So.. Post about what you think XD
    << Credit goes to Felly For This Awesome Banner!

White 2 Friend Code: 0004 4607 7479 (Zaine)

I don't calculate stat values, nor do I care about natures. I just catch my Pokemon the way they are, and play the game normally. If you agree copy and paste this into your sig.

I believe that you're still living in 2005 JKJK
    Gliscor Cries! Staravia Flies! Lucario Dies! Meowth Lies! Pikachu Fries! Croagunk Sighs! Happiny Complies! Piplup Tries! Buneary shies! Wobbuffet surprise!

My eventual Platnum team; it can't come out soon enough!

I think that "believe it" is lulzy and that the dub did good to mostly drop it after a while.

The anime was cool until they ran out of canon to work with and went to Fillerland. There were always fillery things in the anime, but after Fillerland it was just never the same. Shippuuden's been sucking from the first day, at least, so in that case, I didn't feel nearly as cheated.

The manga, however, is awesome. Not perfect, but I'll be lying if I'll say that I'm not enjoying the hell out of it. Right now it's been damn cool for like fifty chapters straight, I keep getting my mind blown away.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I gave it 20 episodes before I quit.

The show just doesn't do it for me.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

I dropped out after 20 or so episodes as well (2 episodes into the second arc, I believe). Interestingly, people have been telling me the horrendously boring first arc was the best of them all, while others say the series got good with the second arc. Eh.

I've been semi-watching the recent dub episodes on Cartoon Network (well - my roomie is still following the series, and I watch it with him if I don't have anything better to do). It's still not particularly good, but supposedly these fillers weren't well-regarded by the huge fans either.
    So.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The dub is truly horrible. I only watch the subbed version. I only play Japanese versions of Naruto games (except for ROAN and the one on the DS). The manga is really good though!

Blog Entries

I like the show, but it needs to go to shippuuden before I go insane.

I do love the manga, and I play some of the good (for Naruto anyway) games.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ino-chan View Post

I do love the manga, and I play some of the good (for Naruto anyway) games.
    It will... at the start of next year. I really hope Funimation or whoever the hell does the dub version doesn't screw it up, I have high hopes.

You should play the Shippuuden games, import them from Play-Asia and get yourself a Freeloader.

Blog Entries

I would, but I already spent most of my money (damn you laptop). I hear the shippuden is supposed to be terrible, but it can't get any worse than what this crap is today, right?

The Counterweight TheArsenalRisen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seconded. The fillers are just lskdjflskd. xP I loved the anime up until that portion.

And I do enjoy the dub, unlike many, apparently. xD The "Believe it!" crap got annoying so I'm glad it dropped. But I'm not usually picky when it comes to subs and dubs. I'll watch subs but usually when the dub is bad. Like, bad voice acting. Otherwise, I'm dub all the way. :3

I would, but I already spent most of my money (damn you laptop). I hear the shippuden is supposed to be terrible, but it can't get any worse than what this crap is today, right?
    I've seen some Shippuuden. Not a lot but I like it a little better than all the fillers.

When they're trying to get somewhere, why do they "fly" through the trees, suspended in air, and not jump from branch to branch? ._.; I think the animators got lazy.

lol @ people bashing the dub. What is so bad about it? If it's about the edits, then buy the boxsets; they even have swearing, if that means anything. If it's because of the quality of acting, the characters are stereotypes and the VA's do well. If it's about "Believe it!" it's just as irritating as "-dattebayo", yet nobody ever complains about that. Double standards.

Naruto peaked at the Lee vs. Gaara fight. After that, Kishimoto has basically been stalling for time trying to figure out what the hell he wants to do with his story. The only characters I can really stand are Kakashi (actually, he's a lot like me; lazy copycats), Lee, Guy, Haku, Jiraiya and Zabuza (seriously, he's the only one who attempts to kill his opponents from behind).

I have a particular hatred for Hinata, because she is the shy, submissive moe stereotype that weak males gravitate towards and go "ai wish shi were mai waifu". She's fanservice, basically, and NaruHina isn't going to happen. Kishimoto is aware he can't milk her anymore and has reduced her to being an extra and is leaning towards NaruSaku, the pairing that infinitely more sense.

Trust me, Shippuuden isn't that much of an improvement over the shitty fillers. Still the same shallow, cheap and derogative series it was after the Chunin Exam arc.
    You should at least buy the English language a drink before you rape it.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, I thought the series peaked with the Naruto/Gaara fight. But I do share the sentiment that the anime is pretty sucky by Shippuuden and I've stopped watching recently. It's a shame since Naruto was the series that really got me into anime beyond Pokémon.

I also find no problem with the dub, though the DVD releases here are only the uncut versions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fist Ace View Post
    lol @ people bashing the dub. What is so bad about it? If it's about the edits, then buy the boxsets; they even have swearing, if that means anything. If it's because of the quality of acting, the characters are stereotypes and the VA's do well. If it's about "Believe it!" it's just as irritating as "-dattebayo", yet nobody ever complains about that. Double standards.
    The only dub edits I will ever complain about regarding Naruto (because let's face it, it's a great dub, and Kirk Thornton as Kisame is just so much win) are the additional edits in the German dub and the first "season" of the Israeli dub. Because the German edits were ridiculous and made the whole thing not make too much sense (ninjas without weapons? Zabuza making threats with a... cane?) and the Israeli edits were like a kid playing with Photoshop.

Actually, I feel like Naruto starting picking up during the Sound's siege on Konoha. In retrospect, I think that's when he finally found his plot. But again, the anime has been a huge piece of crap ever since the battle at the Valley of the End. The Sasuke Rescue/Valley of the End arc was really well done and then they completely lost it.

I can't imagine anybody paying money to buy the filler saga on DVD. Not in this economy. I bet if Kishimoto knew Zabuza would be voiced by Steve Blum, he wouldn't have killed him off XD

I kid. Anyway, I gave up on Naruto altogether after the beatle arc with Kiba and Shino. I don't plan on watching Shippuden, yet I read the manga in Shonen Jump.

I can't believe IGN reviews Naruto, but not better shows.
    Last edited by Casual_Furi; 16th October 2008 at 02:55 PM.
    Gliscor Cries! Staravia Flies! Lucario Dies! Meowth Lies! Pikachu Fries! Croagunk Sighs! Happiny Complies! Piplup Tries! Buneary shies! Wobbuffet surprise!

My eventual Platnum team; it can't come out soon enough!

Blog Entries
    Add Charizards Burn on Facebook
    Follow Charizards Burn on Tumblr Visit Charizards Burn's Youtube Channel

ive watched some shippuuden and its not to bad! You get to see how much everyone as matured!

After Rock Lee vs Gaara The Show Got interesting to me.. and when naruto beat gaara i couldn't believe what i was seeing!

The Perliminarys were really the high of the original series.. And it seems any fight gaara is in really makes the dub better..

ill cut believe it...
    << Credit goes to Felly For This Awesome Banner!

White 2 Friend Code: 0004 4607 7479 (Zaine)

I don't calculate stat values, nor do I care about natures. I just catch my Pokemon the way they are, and play the game normally. If you agree copy and paste this into your sig.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast