Meganebu! Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meganebu! Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Meganebu! Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Meganebu! (メガネブ!?) is a 2013 television anime television series produced by Studio Deen and directed by Soubi Yamamoto, which is based on a series of Drama CDs released by Deen in 2011-2012. The series follows the activities of five guys belonging to their school's Glasses Club and the antics resulting from their shared passion for eye-wear. The series premiered on Tokyo MX on October 6, 2013.
    The plot focuses on Akira Souma, a glasses fanatic at the rural Himalaya Third Technical School. Akira's great love for glasses causes him to form the "Glasses Club" at his school and he somewhat forces his fellow classmates and glasses wearers Takuma Hachimine, Yukiya Minabe, Mitsuki Kamatani, and Hayato Kimata to join. The series follows the activities of the Glasses Club and the antics resulting from their shared passion for eye-wear.

After the first trailer appeared, there was a debate among fans whether this would be the next Free! - another anime full of pretty boys and a fandom with so much shipping. Maybe, but who cares if it is the next Free! or not? Anybody who loves glasses is welcome to this fun-filled Meganebu!

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Default Re: Meganebu! Discussion Thread

I was really taken by the art style. I wasn't quite expecting so many of those stylized shots... But I'm not complaining, it looked great. The characters are all a little silly and over the top so far but endearing enough for me to want to tune in again next week.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the art style was not bad but i can safely say MY GOODNESS was that painfull to watch. there is a reason why you need a licence to operate X ray equipment... and this show helps prove why. Ok and 2 wrenches dropping on your foot doesnt equate to the amount of pain the one kid was in. a bag of sugar is more painfull having droppien on your foot. trust me ive dropped plenty of heavyer power and hand tools on my feet before. that kid with the polar bear. i understand why the polar bear makes that face of horror in the opening now.ugh... the impression im getting is that its a "cram what ever you can find into it and try to make it funny" type of show. oh well at least the animation was good

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr

I have been waiting for this anime to come out for a while. I hope there's more to come.
    Even before I read manga and got into Japanese culture, I had a thing for guys with glasses. Then, I saw Kyouya (Ouran High School Host Club) and I am somewhat still hooked (I still ship Kyouya with Haruhi...).
    My favorite so far is Yukiya who resembles Uryu from Bleach and his seiyuu is Junichi Suwabe (He's doing it all! I liked his performances for Ren from Uta no Prince-sama. Although, I thought they were taking the player thing a bit too far since he was cast as Kaname for Brothers Conflict.)
    To me, Takuma somewhat resembles Burgh (the Pokemon Gym Leader).
    I love the main guy, Akira. His desire and imagination!
    Spoiler has more ranting.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1
    Ok and 2 wrenches dropping on your foot doesnt equate to the amount of pain the one kid was in. a bag of sugar is more painfull having droppien on your foot. trust me ive dropped plenty of heavyer power and hand tools on my feet before.
    That's you not the character. A metal object flying through the air and landing on your foot is going to hurt a lot, and dropping two from that height would hurt as well, especially if you have a low tolerance for pain which it seems the character does.

Anyways I liked how they did comic book style for Akira parts, and have to say I was so happy that the beginning was a dream like I was hoping. The characters are very interesting and have different personalities. Minabe I would say is my favorite so far. I love his personality, and then Takuma is my second favorite for sure. I do hope however we get more than every episode being them trying to make those glasses. It would be nice to learn more about the characters themselves. And I have to say I was hoping the anime would start off forming the club rather it already made.

@Dark Kyriaki-Aren't your favorite characters normally ones with glasses, or is it just chance that its usually them that you make your avatars? If so how are you going to choose a favorite this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by the Ruby Circle
    "He's an animal," growled Dimitri. "He has no business being here."
    "Well, I suppose it–" I stopped and reconsidered Dimitri's words. "Do you know him or something?"
    Dimitri eyed me. "Yes. Do you?"
    "Yeah," I said. "He's my uncle. Rand Ivashkov."
    "Oh?" Dimitri's hardened expression didn't change. "He's my father."
    The Heart Connects The Suits♥Truth and Ideals☯ Starline☄

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

@Midorikawa; Yes, my favorite characters usually wear glasses XD And I am having a very difficult decision on who to choose since all of them look so cute with glasses on :D I want to take all of them home <3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post

That's you not the character. A metal object flying through the air and landing on your foot is going to hurt a lot, and dropping two from that height would hurt as well, especially if you have a low tolerance for pain which it seems the character does.
    As someone who is very sensitive to pain and has used and worked with many types of tools for a great portion of my life, the type of wrench that was dropped on hayato's foot only weighs a whopping 0.3 pounds or about 136 grams. to put that in perspective, an Iphone only weighs 112 grams or about 0.25 pounds. also he had shoes on which would have taken a good portion of the drop. now if this were more slapstick based then i would find it a bit more amusing. now if it happened to be a mega oversized wrench or a tool box then it would be a bit more better for his reactions but thats just my two cents

Anyways I liked how they did comic book style for Akira parts, and have to say I was so happy that the beginning was a dream like I was hoping. The characters are very interesting and have different personalities. Minabe I would say is my favorite so far. I love his personality, and then Takuma is my second favorite for sure. I do hope however we get more than every episode being them trying to make those glasses. It would be nice to learn more about the characters themselves. And I have to say I was hoping the anime would start off forming the club rather it already made.
    i did like and enjoy the animation and art but most of the main cast either comes off as either too clingy of that they are way too full of themselves. i too wish that we got a bit more insight on the cast but im sure as time goes on we will learn more. there were some funny moments but a lot of it to me was barrel scraping and a bit scatterbrained. just my opinion but i just hope it doesnt become a mainly plot per episode type of show because i dont think it would have the same value of enjoyability

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Yes! A megane (glasses guy) filled anime, I'll be sure to try to tune in. :D

Hm I'm not sure what exactly to think of it yet? It's hard to judge from just one episode.

The characters are kind of cute and I do have a weakness for anime boys in glasses (why else would I watch this series to begin with) so I'll watch at least two more eps to see where this is going.

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Blog Entries

just finished episode 2. it was a vast improvement over episode one except for one thing. that thing i dont like is Mitsuki. he comes across as a very mean and snoody character.and to me that makes me think of him as admirable as a set of rusted out brake drums on a car. i do hope he gets a couple wrenches to the foot as well. enough of my rant but i did enjoy the Bad Luck Scene. I only wished the truck was a bigger truck like a Chevy Silverado or a Ford Super duty instead of an isuzu. from the classic gardening tool to the dome to a reference to the movie "the birds" it was very enjoyable. the cartoon section of that scene was a bit confusing with the background props but it was pretty good. although i do wonder if that was Yukiya's dog or a another one chasing him?

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I love how Minabe and Akira were childhood friends :D Sweet!! They were so cute when they were young.

And poor Hayato ;_; Being left out of the group because he wears fake glasses. It was pretty cute that he wants to be accepted as an official club member - hopefully one day he does :D

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr

Posting this because I don't want this to die.
    I really feel like Hayato might try to ruin his perfect eyesight to get glasses. (Don't stare directly at the sun. That's what I did and I don't know, but I'm near-sighted.)
    Hayato, quarreling with his thoughts, reminds me of a certain Hetalia character maybe because of the voice, but I looked up his seiyuu and he didn't do Hetalia. Maybe Prussia or someone near him geographically?
    I really like the last episode and the guy who was a ghost (I'm really bad at learning the characters names since it's Japanese and I seem to only remember the most memorable). His friend, running the restaurant, must be in his forties.
    The kouheis (underclassmen) of the club are fighting for the president's attention!
    I hope they show more of the president's younger brother.
    I love Minabe's awake eye stickers. I don't think I could pull that off.

I think the protagonist's goal is to make the X-ray glasses, but he might not be able to achieve it because maybe the writers will make this a running gag.

Sorry for going all over the place, but I find it interesting how all the main characters seem to be wearing their own outfits to individualize themselves more while the background characters don't have faces at all and are wearing uniforms which shows that they don't matter.

Also, I don't think this will be as popular as Free! since it seems to be more based on comedy and Free! has a sports genre which appeals to more people. But I like the bright colors of the animation of this anime and I still listen to the whole ending song. (Sako Tomohisa is such a good singer! And he is so pretty!) I just hope Meganebu! does not get a character that I don't like since I'm still bothered by how much Free!'s Nagisa was a troll even though he was cute. DX

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I like how they exaggerate character behavior XDD the recent show was so funny! Takuma's brothers are so overprotective of him - packing a case full of spare glasses just for their little brother XD It reminds me how Okumura Yukio from Blue Exorcist has a drawer filled with spare glasses - and his twin brother didn't even know XD (megane characters having a bunch of spare glasses might be a popular feature in animes?)

They're also overusing the "I care about Sempai" for both Mitsuki and the young teacher XD I find it cute.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    I really feel like Hayato might try to ruin his perfect eyesight to get glasses. (Don't stare directly at the sun. That's what I did and I don't know, but I'm near-sighted.)

Also, I don't think this will be as popular as Free! since it seems to be more based on comedy and Free! has a sports genre which appeals to more people. But I like the bright colors of the animation of this anime and I still listen to the whole ending song. (Sako Tomohisa is such a good singer! And he is so pretty!) I just hope Meganebu! does not get a character that I don't like since I'm still bothered by how much Free!'s Nagisa was a troll even though he was cute. DX
    Well it did show in i think episode two the club members using an arc welder,(which is worse than staring into the sun without a face mask) i surely hope he doesnt go down that route cause you can really mess up your eyesight beyond repair by doing that. I also know that this doesnt have the same potential as free mostly for the same reasons you have listed but i also think personally that mitsuki would get on some peoples nerves which is one of the biggest complaints i have about the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    I like how they exaggerate character behavior XDD the recent show was so funny! Takuma's brothers are so overprotective of him

They're also overusing the "I care about Sempai" for both Mitsuki and the young teacher XD I find it cute.
    in my thoughts i think the "i care about sempai" running gag Mitsuki has is really gotten on my nerves. i personally find it creepy and annoying that almost every scene with Mitsuki trying toget Sempai to notice him that is taken close to 11. if they didnt constantly overuse it, id still find it creepy but tolerable. the only thing i didnt like about Tamuka's brothers is that the oldest one i kept mistaking for a girl because of his hair.

the only thing i dont like so far minus Mitsuki is the mood whiplash from episode 2 to 3 from the heavly comedy based bad luck to the ghost kid who met the front of a Mack truck. that was a bit hard to take in coming from a goofy episode to a pretty depressing one

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

LOL at the student council. And three of them wear sunglasses XD I can't wait to see the council president appear in person.

And poor Hayato is ignored all the time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast