Manga vs Comics

Thread: Manga vs Comics

Blog Entries

Default Manga vs Comics

Simlar to my cartoons vs anime thread, what are your thoughts on this debate? The pros and cons, their advantages over each other, etc. Those savvy with both mediums are welcome.

Let's start with how comic series (such as with Marvel and DC) tend to have different people working on the same character one at a time which can lead to complication due to different viewpoints (ONE. MORE. DAY.) while Manga are worked on by one guy (and his editors), meaning more chances for consistency all the way through.

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

Default Re: Manga vs Comics

One More day, I can't even explain how bad it is. Terrible. Have you seen the linkara review of it. Its quite funny.

Not necessarily, having a lot of people working with the plot, drawing and editing helps production go faster. Does it make it better.. thats for you to decide.

I'm going with Manga, mainly because the plots and originality is 3000x better. Compare it to Marvel and DC, its a no-brainier. One shouldn't forget lesser known comic publisher (dark horse comics, known for hellboy)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    One More day, I can't even explain how bad it is. Terrible. Have you seen the linkara review of it. Its quite funny.
    Heck yeah!
    Not necessarily, having a lot of people working with the plot, drawing and editing helps production go faster. Does it make it better.. thats for you to decide.
    True but there is the saying "Too many cooks spoil the broth" and certain event comics prove this. Various people having differing ideas on how a story should go which can turn out to be more than a problem with the resulting product.
    I'm going with Manga, mainly because the plots and originality is 3000x better. Compare it to Marvel and DC, its a no-brainier. One shouldn't forget lesser known comic publisher (dark horse comics, known for hellboy)
    I think Dark Horse brought over some Manga (like Hellsing, I think).

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

Really? That's quite interesting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    Really? That's quite interesting.
    Also Seven Seas has published American Manga such as Vampire Cheerleader and Amazing Agent Luna (dear lord, could vol. 9 take a longer to come out >:()?