Madoka Magica first 2 films' trailer released

Thread: Madoka Magica first 2 films' trailer released

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Madoka Magica first 2 films' trailer released

In November 2011, it was announced that the smash hit Japanese anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica will be re-released in film format in the form of a trilogy; the first two films being a recap of the series and the last one being an all new ending. The first two films Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Beginning Story and Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Eternal Story are set to be released on 6th October 2012 and 13th October 2012 respectively, with the final film being released in 2013 with an all new story written by Gen Urobuchi (the series' writer).

Today, a trailer for the first two films The Beginning Story and The Eternal Story was released:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Madoka Magica first 2 films' trailer released

So am I correct in assuming that the third movie is going to take place in the reality that was introduced at the end of episode 12... Maybe explain the "ending"? Are they reproducing the anime in better quality for the movie or just re-releasing it edited up for movie format? D: Watching the trailer reminded me so much of how much stuff they managed to make flow beautifully in those 12 episodes of awesome. Definitely can not wait for some more Madoka.
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Madoka Magica first 2 films' trailer released

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuness View Post
    So am I correct in assuming that the third movie is going to take place in the reality that was introduced at the end of episode 12... Maybe explain the "ending"? Are they reproducing the anime in better quality for the movie or just re-releasing it edited up for movie format? D: Watching the trailer reminded me so much of how much stuff they managed to make flow beautifully in those 12 episodes of awesome. Definitely can not wait for some more Madoka.
    Not sure. All we know is that it will be a new story, as opposed to the first 2 being recaps. That does sound like the most likely option though, unless they retcon everything and totally screw up the amazing ending Madoka had.