List of VA's for Axis Powers Hetalia Dub is released

Thread: List of VA's for Axis Powers Hetalia Dub is released

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool List of VA's for Axis Powers Hetalia Dub is released

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-07/funimation-announces-partial-english-cast-for-hetalia

The North American anime distributor has made its preliminary casting announcements for the Hetalia - Axis Powers anime via a video on the YouTube website on Wednesday. The English dubbing cast so far is as follows:

Additional casting announcements for Russia, China, Japan, England, France, America, Germany, and Italy will be revealed over this and the next week — one actor per day — with English-language sample clips. Four of the nations/characters will also feature special bonus interviews with the creative team for the North American release of the series.

The Hetalia anime series is an adaptation of Hidekaz Himaruya's web-based manga. After early controversy regarding the series' content, its TV airing was pulled in favor of a web streaming. The web series was popular enough for a second season to stream over summer of 2009 and a third this past March, along with an anime film that was released in Japan on June 5. FUNimation announced its license of the series this past January, and it will release the first season later this year.

Update: Jerry Jewell will play Russia.

Update 2: Funimation has clarified that Ryan Reynolds is not the Hollywood actor, but a voice actress who has worked with FUNimation before. This is her first recurring role with the company.
    Just saw the trailer. Fun Fun. ^_^

I really don't have much in the way of complaints at the moment. i'll just have to take a while to get used to it. :O

Blog Entries

Default Re: List of VA's for Axis Powers Hetalia Dub is released

WTF, Vic as Greece? o_O

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Transfinite View Post
    WTF, Vic as Greece? o_O
    You are not the only one starting with the Vic Bashing

A lot of the fandom is complaining already XD

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

dammit, I knew I should have made this a thread last night...but I didn't know if it would go here or in entertainment >.>

Hey, I'm just glad he didn't get cast as N. Italy. Sad he didn't get America, though...

This is the only official video on Youtube announcing the cast at this point. I'll be on the lookout later on tonight for the next installment (I'm subscribed to FUNimation's Youtube channel).

Luci and Monica should be good fits, though Can't wait for some more reveals!

EDIT: Russia is Jerry Jewell, who's previous roles include Kyo Sohma from Fruit's Basket, Hayama from Kodocha, and Claire from Baccano!

EDIT1: Just got a new VA announced! Germany will be voiced by Patrick Seitz. Previous roles include Nekozawa (Ouran HSHC), George (Paradise Kiss), Franky (One Piece), and Grimmer (Monster).
    Last edited by Feliciano; 8th July 2010 at 10:20 PM.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Huh, I haven't actually heard Cherami Leigh's voice so I hope she does a good job as Liechtenstein :3. I love Patrick Seitz as Germany. The rest of the dub, from what I have seen, seems pretty awesome :D.

Blog Entries

When I think of Germany now, I will be thinking of him as being like Isshin Kurosaki: too rough and tumble for Germany, in my opinion.

As for Cherami, she's just done a lot of small part acting, it seems. I can't say I liked her as Elicia Huges in FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but as Liechtenstein, who is a bit older than she is, I have my hopes that it may work.
    My name is Steven.
    I'm interested in rare stones,
    so I travel here and there.

S. Stone

Blog Entries

Japan is Christopher Bevins.

...Did I hear him say "prease"? Someone tell me that's just me...

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru-kun View Post
    As for Cherami, she's just done a lot of small part acting, it seems. I can't say I liked her as Elicia Huges in FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but as Liechtenstein, who is a bit older than she is, I have my hopes that it may work.
    Here's to a good job as Liechtenstein :3.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    ...Did I hear him say "prease"? Someone tell me that's just me...
    I think I heard him say 'prease' too .

God I hate Funi's copyright crap. Can't see it in my country, I'll show you what I think about that... *grumblegrumble*

Anyhow. I don't know half these people. I don't think I'd like this dub anyway.

Blog Entries

China has just been revealed as Clarine Harp. At least she actually manages to sound male for the role.

So, what does everyone think of giving the characters accents to match their country? I mean, it's pretty obvious Japan has a Japanese accent, Germany has a German one, Russia has a Russian one, and so on. Do you think it was a good call? Discuss.

Snake, you should be able to see the clips on FUNimation's blog site.

EDIT: England has been confirmed as Scott Freeman. Apparently, this is his first major role coming from a background of...well, background work. I think he does a good job of it Then again, England's not very hard to do.

Any guesses on who voices America in that clip? x3 Just him, France, and Italy himself left to be revealed by name!

EDIT 1: Popular voice actor J. Michael Tatum has been confirmed as France. Looks like we're getting into the big names, now! His most recent notable roles were as Kyoya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club and Shizuka Doumeki from xxxHolic.

EDIT 2: America is going to be played by Eric Vale.
    Last edited by Feliciano; 15th July 2010 at 01:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Hetalia VA news Dump:

World Conference Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGUQfJ7xfME

Todd Haberkorn is Italy it seems:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqhY0yvF6s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJ8B_MNS30

I am now starting to think that FUNI is trying to leave their personal mark to this series...the translation is not direct for example:

Estonia: "Russia, you're so great do you want to pick a fight with Haiti?"

LOLZ. XD