Kokoro Connect - Discussion thread

Thread: Kokoro Connect - Discussion thread

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default Kokoro Connect - Discussion thread

I heard a lot of buzz about this new anime lately, so I decided to give it a shot. Kokoro Connect premiered on July 8, and it is based on Sadanatsu Anda's Japanese light novel series. So far, I have only seen its premiere episode and I found it very interesting.

So, have you guys tried it yet? What do you think about this new anime? Do you only follow the anime, or its manga as well.
    Discuss.

@Joshawott; @Soulweaver; @Blazaking EX; @Tsutarja;
    Last edited by Adyniz; 11th August 2012 at 08:30 PM.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Kokoro Connect - Discussion thread

Personally, I love the series (I even started a Bulbagarden social group for it =3).

At first, I thought it was simply trying to be like every other slice of life series, just with a fun gimmick that would probably be used as a source of quick gags or something. Episodes 1-2 were pretty mild and fit that bill, but episode 3 had the rather jaw-dropping reveal that
    which knocked me for six to be honest. I went into episode 4 not sure what to expect, but I came out really glad I watched it...then episode 5...

I was sat on my bed watching it on my iPad, frantically chewing my nails due to nerves, constantly saying "No...f***...no" under my breath as each moment passed. The part that stood out most to me was when Taichi
    . Also, the scene where
    ...oh Arceus...that was too powerful for words. The fact that Heartseed

This show is without a doubt, the Madoka Magica of Slice of Life and is currently my anime of 2012 (although I have been told to watch Kids On The Slope. Still, anime of the season). I find myself relating a lot to Taichi because we are very similar in personality and I love both Inaba and Iori as characters.

I'm currently only following the anime version (although I have sent hints to Yen Press to license the manga and light novels xD). The anime is slated for a 12 episode run (which as of tomorrow, will be half way done) and the anime is apparently adapting the first 4 light novels (of which there are 8 currently published), so hopefully if the DVD/BDs sell well, we could get a second season.