Higurashi

Thread: Higurashi

Default Higurashi

I F**KING love this Manga. It's everything a horror story should be (it's give any mainstream horror movie these days a run for its money) and it's an absolute page turner. I'm already at the Massacre Arc (Yeah, I'm using English names for the Arc since I can't for the life of me spell them out off the top of my head) and I can't wait to start reading.

Anyone else who reads the Manga/watch the Anime like to discuss it?

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Higurashi

Man watched it many many years ago I forgot most of the plot already... but ever since then this has sort of been my basis for comparison in terms of freakiness...
    Though I've forgotten most of the stuff, there are those scenes that are particularly mind-engraving... The bits with Rika.... man......

Have you tried reading Umineko no naku koro ni too? Although they're slightly difference, the underlying theme relate to each other. You can more or less say, in Higurashi, they try to survive by proving the existence of supernaturalness, while in Umineko, they survive by disproving it.

(Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Have you tried reading Umineko no naku koro ni too? Although they're slightly difference, the underlying theme relate to each other. You can more or less say, in Higurashi, they try to survive by proving the existence of supernaturalness, while in Umineko, they survive by disproving it.
    I did. So far so good.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I didn't understand a thing !
    All character dies in One episode but they are alive in next episode like nothing ever happened !

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I didn't understand a thing !
    All character dies in One episode but they are alive in next episode like nothing ever happened !
    Just roll with it for now. The arcs reset themselves for a damn good reason that I cannot and will not spoil.

Bearer of Misfortune. Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

I loved the anime, and how it was set up so season one raised so many questions while season two provided answers and insight. Even though I'm not a huge fan of horror this is one series I can watch with no problem even though it does terrify me.

And currently I'm collecting the manga as well thus far I have the first 10 volumes. So even though I'm not a horror fan, this is definitely one of my fave animes along with Umineko.
    Trade ShopMy Art
    Dolce: 4554 - 1270 - 5039

Blog Entries

I have yet to work up the nerve to watch this one and even though I'm constantly looking at it gets me more and more nerveless to getting around to watch it

Higurashi is a classic and one of my absolute favorites. It's one of those that I would count as an "experience." The way that it scares you, plays with your head, and has you desperately trying to solve the mystery is absolutely wonderful! And don't you think there's something sexy about redheads with cleavers, ka na?

Blog Entries

I'm really to even watch it now I've got to work the nerve up so I can again

Don't you think there's something sexy about redheads with cleavers, ka na?
    ? Have you not seen Rena's your lying face I have(in the manga)and it isn't a pretty sight
    Last edited by RainbowSkittles; 12th July 2013 at 06:23 AM.