Godzilla is BACK!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godzilla is BACK!!!

Default Godzilla is BACK!!!

Yep, Godzilla is finally getting another movie, and this time its on this side of the pacific and in really good hands!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64648

Ask Pony Discord

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Godzilla is BACK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillawolf View Post
    Yep, Godzilla is finally getting another movie, and this time its on this side of the pacific and in really good hands!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64648

This movie has a really big hill to climb. After the disaster of the New York version, people are going to be hesitant to see American Godzilla films.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

I have only this to say. Sequels and remakes fail 95% of the time. I've seen the American Godzilla, I don't know what to wait from this.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post

This movie has a really big hill to climb. After the disaster of the New York version, people are going to be hesitant to see American Godzilla films.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
    I have only this to say. Sequels and remakes fail 95% of the time. I've seen the American Godzilla, I don't know what to wait from this.
    Beat me to it.
    The American Godzilla was... Just terrible. I have no excitement for this movie at all, and I doubt most people who saw the American one, want to watch this as well.

You know, another site I've been to had the exact opposite reaction. Then again, the Dark Knight was a reboot of the Batman film series that Legendary did, while its last live action film was considered terrible, so at least its in better hands. Plus, Toho will be keeping a tighter leash on the movie this time.

Ask Pony Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillawolf View Post
    You know, another site I've been to had the exact opposite reaction. Then again, the Dark Knight was a reboot of the Batman film series that Legendary did, while its last live action film was considered terrible, so at least its in better hands. Plus, Toho will be keeping a tighter leash on the movie this time.
    I think you mean Batman Begins, and if you didn't, Batman Begins was fantastic, and every one was hyped for The Dark Knight, because of Begins, and Heath's death. Batman & Robin, and Batman Forever, were disasters though, so I am pretty sure you meant Begins.

Blog Entries

Legendary is capable of making a good movie, but they also tend to make fairly mediocre movies as well. If Toho is more involved, I'm all for that, but after the first attempt at an American Godzilla, we are in desperate need of someone that knows what they are doing. I am not too much of a fan of Godzilla, though.
    Step into the Fairy circle

I did mean Begins. And I think a gritty, dark style like that would work well for a Godzilla film, that's how the original was.

Toho people are the executive producers on this movie, so that's a good plus.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Hell, I'm still waiting for this "Godzilla 3D" that was announced, like, 5 years ago >_>

But I'm hopeful on this. I know deep down inside it's American and that leaves a bit of dread in me but the hopeless fanboy part of me that can't walk around the house for all the shelves of Godzilla figures everywhere says "YESSSSS".

Quote Originally Posted by JeanLuc Pika-Q View Post
    Hell, I'm still waiting for this "Godzilla 3D" that was announced, like, 5 years ago >_>
    I completely forgot about that.
    I have a little glimmer of hope, knowing Toho will be watching over it, but I'm still skeptical.

Blog Entries

Finally? Heck, it was only 6 or so years ago that the last one came out (Final Wars). Granted, it's about time, but not so long that "finaly" really makes a lot of sense, lol. Personally, I really enjoy the modern Godzilla flicks (except that awful American one)... just the right mix of cheesiness and humour. And you've gotta love those rubber suits, lol.

If this was the 1998 Godzilla Movie with Matthew Broderick than FINALLY It took them twelve years for them to make a sequel to this movie. I'm not going to see it. I didn't like the 1998 film much at all. So I'm not going to waste my time or money on it.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was reading my Sociology Pop Culture text book yesterday and I noticed the writer called Godzilla a "female nuclear monster"...

The first American movie has already done enough damage. :/

Lets hope they give back the classical Godzilla instead of that frail piece of crap that TriStar shoved into our eyes.

Toho's monster survived nuclear bombings, Fights with Monsters such as Gigan, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla and Biollante (The latter is at least 3 times his size) and Being directly struck by a Meteor the size of Texas.

The tristar one was brought down with 12 missiles from fighter jets...

Credit for the amazingly awesome banner goes to Blazaking EX!!!
    Credit for the equally awesome Avatar goes to 'Kingdra!!!
    My Fanfiction account, reveiws welcome

Yes. And I didn't like that one. Let's hope the sequel will be better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast