Free! Discussion Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free! Discussion Thread

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Re: Free! Discussion Thread

The almost-kiss scene (almost CPR) was clearly fanservice to attract the viewers' attention while maintaining the show NOT-yaoi. CPR should be done quickly and Haru was taking his time positioning himself so like the poster above me noted, his slow movements made the CPR shippy rather than urgent. Though I have to say... all those yaoi-ish hints they're dropping around are rather awesome :D

While Haru did declare his first love to be water (a waterfall), there were a lot of Haru x Makoto moments in this show (or rather... Makoto's lines could be heard as shippy).

Nagisa was so evil (mostly to Rei) in this episode ;_; I found it cute that Rei was afraid of places he's not used to (like Makoto), and that part where he tried to hide behind his kickboard made me go d'awwwwwww :3c

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i find it a little too familure that Rin wants to complete his fathers dream of becoming an olympic swimmer and his look that he HAS to defeat Haruka or he will NEVER EVER move forward. it seems he should DIIIG A LITTLE DEEPER. Rins assistant seems to have the same creepy and annoying factor that Nagisa has. also the end was priceless. it seems nothing of value was lost but he kept reminding me of a mix between
    Harukas face was indeed priceless BUT PLEASE TRIM YOUR HAIR!

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I watched today's episode

Blog Entries

Follow kyogre545 on Tumblr Visit kyogre545's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    I watched today's episode
    Their cheers were so cute and funny!!! XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Edward Elric, Gin, Inuyasha, Makoto Tachibana, Vash the Stampede, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    Join my clubs! They are:ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!
    Nintendo Network: Chibster
    Friend Safari: Metang Klefki Ferroseed

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Oh, and gotta love Rei's butterfly pattern'd pajamas XDD Personally, I'd like to wear them myself.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Okay, so the series came to an end, and here's my thoughts

Looking forward to a second season! :D

EDIT: I'm on mobile, and I'm having trouble merging my post with the one above. Really sorry - I forgot I was the last poster here ;_;

Blog Entries

I just watched the last episode too! ;~; I really hope they meant "See you next summer.." because 12 episodes is not enough! Here's what was going through my head while I was watching:

Free! was really inspirational. I've always wanted to take swimming lessons, so I think I will! Next summer! XD
    Claims: Edward Elric, Gin, Inuyasha, Makoto Tachibana, Vash the Stampede, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    Join my clubs! They are:ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

The last episode ;_;

This show and the fanart makes me want to watch other similar anime such as Tsuritama.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    The almost-kiss scene (almost CPR) was clearly fanservice to attract the viewers' attention while maintaining the show NOT-yaoi. CPR should be done quickly and Haru was taking his time positioning himself so like the poster above me noted, his slow movements made the CPR shippy rather than urgent. Though I have to say... all those yaoi-ish hints they're dropping around are rather awesome :D
    I really wish they'd just go for it. If Attack on Titan can have a canon lesbian couple on it, Free! can have a gay couple... especially considering a huge chunk of Free!'s fanbase got into it because they hoped for gay subtext.

Though I'd prefer they go for it with Nagirei rather than either of the Haru ships

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Miyano Mamoru. Miyano Mamoru. Miyano Mamoru. Miyano Mamoru. Miyano Mamoru.

The last episode was really sweet. I just like stuff like that. XD
    ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    YAAAASSSSHHHH

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

Free!: Eternal Summer (season 2) is going to air on July 3, 2014 (according to MyAnimeList). That's next week (technically the Thursday after this upcoming one)! I can't wait!

This commercial is short and sweet. This is a link to another one due to the one video per post limit.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I can't wait for the new season :D There's going to be new characters, and hopefully Rei gets more screentime and story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
    Free!: Eternal Summer (season 2) is going to air on July 3, 2014 (according to MyAnimeList). That's next week (technically the Thursday after this upcoming one)! I can't wait!
    This commercial is short and sweet.
    Oh it's the 3rd? I heard from Free! fans on tumblr that it's the 2nd. Whatever, I'm still excited! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    I can't wait for the new season :D There's going to be new characters, and hopefully Rei gets more screentime and story.
    I can't wait to see what that Sosuke guy is like! x3 He's supposedly just as tall as Makoto and swims butterfly, just like Rei.

And here's a funny Free! related video!
    Last edited by kyogre545; 23rd June 2014 at 09:02 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast