Forgive me, Twilight fans

Thread: Forgive me, Twilight fans

Blog Entries

Default Forgive me, Twilight fans

Am I the only otaku who suspects Stephenie Meyer of ripping of the likes of Chibi Vampire?

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Default Re: Forgive me, Twilight fans

As an otaku I considered this once.

As otherwise I realised she just made a crappy ripoff of genuine vampirical literature, wrote it terribly and sold it to the unknowing fangirls who honestly thought she was doing it right.

.../ahem

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Sorry to say, but there is no penalty for using ideas in fiction work. if she wrote the exact same thing however, it would matter. But using ideas from many stories is fair game as far as copyright goes.

She ripped off more of Charlaine Harris and the Sokkie Stakehouse series among others.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I still have a theory that she came up with the idea of Twilight when she fell asleep while watching Adult Swim on Cartoon Network.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

I don't think Stephanie watches anime... It's already been stated that she drew inspiration from classical literature such as Pride and Prejudice, Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, and A Midsummer Night's Dream.

And some others.

lol, i don't even think she has the time to watch anime, i mean she is an actress.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Stephanie Meyer is an author, not an actress.

Stephanie Meyer didn't do wrong by writing a crappy vampire novel. She did wrong by calling her "creations" vampires. The only similarity I can see with these "vampires" and actual vampires, is that they suck blood (and not even human blood most of the time). They're sparkly leech-men.

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

What Roulette Dares said.

I've seen the movie version of 'Twilight' and while I think books are always better, I find the movie has awkward dialogue, crap photography (CLOSE UPS OF FACES...LIKE, A LOT), and the plot structure is so very convoluted...
    (Kristen Stewart bites her lip a lot).

It's a pitty because the "falling in love with a vampire" idea actually had potential (I'm a budding author myself). The idea just seemed very poorly executed. I think Stephenie Myer should've hired a ghost writer. Or at least looked for more criticism and then done a re-write. (Trust me, I know writing books does AND SHOULD involve a LOT of rewritting.)

One of the major flaws in the book is that Bella doesn't have any character flaws. She's clumsy at times, but that's about it.
    She gets good grades.
    She's popular.
    People like her.
    She's attractive.
    She's perfect. A character needs flaws to feel 'real'.

Also, I have to touch on something else in the vampire books... SEXISM. The books are kinda sexist.
    In the second book, Bella THROWS HERSELF OFF A CLIFF, just to see Edward... this is not safe behavior.
    Edward is constantly controlling Bella telling her what is and what isn't right, and who she should and shouldn't be friends with.

Millions of twilight fangirls are going to grow up thinking that the way you fall in love is when the guy comes along and starts stalking you.

Apart from that, awkward dialogue, dragged out plot over the 2nd and 3rd books; the love triangle was dragged out for AGES...

And that's why I don't like twilight.*

*Additionally, there's a gramatical error on the book cover. Titles begin with a capital letter, but whatevs.

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cohen View Post
    Sorry to say, but there is no penalty for using ideas in fiction work. if she wrote the exact same thing however, it would matter. But using ideas from many stories is fair game as far as copyright goes.

She ripped off more of Charlaine Harris and the Sokkie Stakehouse series among others.
    As one man said: Steal from one, and you have committed plagiarism. Steal from a hundred, and you have committed research.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Strange is Relative Dewgong Reign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does anyone else kind of want to see Stephanie and JK Rowling fight to the death inside a volcano?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi View Post
    I don't think Stephanie watches anime... It's already been stated that she drew inspiration from classical literature such as Pride and Prejudice, Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, and A Midsummer Night's Dream.

And some others.
    Sounds more like she wrote down a list of things she knew an agent or publisher, or any literary geek would fangasm over.