First Dragonball Live-Action Movie Images (includes a few character images) - Page 5

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: First Dragonball Live-Action Movie Images (includes a few character images)

Does Team Rocket hire? ImJessieTR's Avatar

Good point. It's also possible (since this ISN'T Z) that White Piccolo is actually King Piccolo, while "our" Piccolo might be green.
    Protect the World from Devastation -- a fanfic
    Has anyone else noticed a weird progression in fanaticism as the generations progressed? Giovanni must define himself in the presence of the religious fanatics and the cruel sociopath....

Quote Originally Posted by ImJessieTR View Post
    Good point. It's also possible (since this ISN'T Z) that White Piccolo is actually King Piccolo, while "our" Piccolo might be green.
    Um....I actually checked out an interview with Marsters, and it seems he's comeing back for 2 sequels. I don't remember exactly, but it also seems they changed it so instead of dying and chucking an egg out of his mouth, he just finds Goku to be a good opponent and joins him.

This is makeing me so emo right now...I've seen every single episode op DB, DBZ, and even the ever so embarrassing DBGT, and could not bear to see them destroy my once favorite anime when it was on the tv.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    I urge ALL bashers of the DBZ live-action movie to hold your final opinions AT LEAST until you see the first full trailer (teaser trailers don't count).

...THEN you can start calling it crap.
    Here's the thing: I really want to be wrong in this case. I don't want this to be total crap; I want this movie to be awesome. I am hoping and praying that it is.

May the gods of movie-dom see fit to prove me wrong. I will be most pleased if they do.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Here's the thing: I really want to be wrong in this case. I don't want this to be total crap; I want this movie to be awesome. I am hoping and praying that it is.
    Judging by what we know of the movie so far, that's a sure recipe for disaster. Better lower your expectations now. Kind of like how I did for Michael Bay's Transformers. Looking back, it's a piece of crap, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it, mostly because I was expecting so much worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Bandage View Post
    Judging by what we know of the movie so far, that's a sure recipe for disaster. Better lower your expectations now. Kind of like how I did for Michael Bay's Transformers. Looking back, it's a piece of crap, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it, mostly because I was expecting so much worse.
    Ugh, don't remind me. I was almost too afraid to see it just due to the "Bumblebee will be mute and speak through the radio" fiasco. The fandom had me running a bit scared in that regard. (Thankfully, I didn't listen too well; I've seen Transformers about 10 times. )

What has me scared is the look of the film. It reminds me a lot of this. Trust me, that was not awesome and that is something that I do not want happening to Dragon Ball.
    Last edited by Silverwynde; 29th September 2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: It was TOO awesome, you failure! --Prime

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

It's finally here. The first Dragonball teaser trailer. In all its...glory?

This is so getting at least a 92% on the tomatometer!

I'd be surprised if it reached 35% at the end of it's theatrical run.
    Gliscor Cries! Staravia Flies! Lucario Dies! Meowth Lies! Pikachu Fries! Croagunk Sighs! Happiny Complies! Piplup Tries! Buneary shies! Wobbuffet surprise!

My eventual Platnum team; it can't come out soon enough!

Blog Entries

Since the trailer was taken down from the above link...how about this slightly longer version?

It's even stupider when it's longer. Does it even look like Dragon Ball to anyone...? 'Cause I'm not seeing any similarities.

Seriously, this is like the Transformers movie, with MORE FAIL. I mean at least the TF movie had Peter Cullen, Jon Voight being awesome and some great humor to make up for it.

Does Team Rocket hire? ImJessieTR's Avatar

I understand they may want to make this "understandable", but ... I just don't see it. True, it's just a trailer ... but it doesn't seem to help much. I guess the only way I'll see if it's any good is to see the actual movie and hope the guy making the trailers is just bad at his job.
    Protect the World from Devastation -- a fanfic
    Has anyone else noticed a weird progression in fanaticism as the generations progressed? Giovanni must define himself in the presence of the religious fanatics and the cruel sociopath....

追放されたバカ

Meh. It was an okay trailer. But still..... Hollywood's SO gonna fuck over the Dragonball/Z/GT franchise with this movie. Well, GT is already fucked up as it is, but you know what I mean. But, like Silverwynde, I sincerely hope to be proven wrong. Dragonball/Z/GT were my favourite animes/mangas back in the day (and still are!) regardless of how mainstream they are.
    Last edited by Rishi; 6th October 2008 at 02:59 PM.

Blog Entries

This does not look as awful as Beverly Hills Chihuahua but it still looks unwatchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korea View Post
    "My name is Harry Potter, I'm a Power Lord, and no, the Mew and Suicune aren't exactly my poke'mon. They can still come and go as they please." Harry said smiling.
    Winner of the #dpbattle 09 Spring Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Bandage View Post
    I mean at least the TF movie had Peter Cullen, Jon Voight being awesome and some great humor to make up for it.
    Well, rumors on Daizex.com's forums say Chris Sabat is going to voice Shenlong in it. Not that it's the same thing, but it's kind of similar.

Yeah, I'm waiting til this is free on cable, unless I hear VERY good things from early reviews. As is, the teaser made me think "generic martial arts flick, with Dragon Ball names". Piccolo in Name Only, released by an eclipse, helped by Shapeshifter Mai, faces Goku In Name Only. Alas, Godzilla fans have already claimed the acronym GINO.

Also, Krillin being my favorite character doesn't help my feelings toward this film. Not at all.

Anyone wanna bet that when Vegeta and possibly Nappa and/or Raditz come, none of them have tails?
    "For a bunch of guys on a mission to save the world, you sure do love your detours."--Gig, Soul Nomad and The World Eaters
    Friend Code: 5241-3316-7599, character named Edward. Safari contains Marowak, Diggersby, and Trapinch. PM me if you want to exchange codes.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Railith View Post
    This does not look as awful as Beverly Hills Chihuahua but it still looks unwatchable.
    George Lopez in-talks to play Nappa in the sequel.

Proposes to change his name to "Wappa".

Quote Originally Posted by Daren View Post
    Well, rumors on Daizex.com's forums say Chris Sabat is going to voice Shenlong in it. Not that it's the same thing, but it's kind of similar.
    Nope, doesn't help one bit.

Also, Krillin being my favorite character doesn't help my feelings toward this film. Not at all.
    Aw, well, Kuririn is my favorite character too, but I'm actually happy he's not in the movie. That way they can't deface him.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast