First Dragonball Live-Action Movie Images (includes a few character images) - Page 3

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: First Dragonball Live-Action Movie Images (includes a few character images)

Also, Goku's no longer an alien monkey creature?
    I've heard he's an X-TREME skateboarder who doesn't fit in at high school.

Really.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

You better not be serious about that. XD

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Don't know about the "XTREME SKATEBOARDER" bit, but it was announced months ago that Goku is going to be portrayed as the "unpopular kid at his high school."

Also, Mai (Pilaf's henchwoman) is going to be teaming up with Piccolo for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokémon Master
    I think the movie is going to turn out fine - they aren't stupid enough to approve and make something that is going to totally bomb.
    Except they've proven time and time again that they are.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

A cute little robot girl. Satoshi-kun's Avatar Social Media Deputy Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Satoshi-kun On Twitter Add Satoshi-kun on Facebook
    Follow Satoshi-kun on Tumblr Visit Satoshi-kun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Skarmory Armor View Post
    Whats next? A Pokemon Live Action? Well maybe not, I think the fans would defiently do something... but i can't think of it right now.
    Pokemon Live Action? If they do it like in the Norm Show pokemon sketch, I'd so see that, though it would have to be at the theater that's about a mile and a half away from my house that serves alcohol... which is where I believe I'd be having to see the Dragonball film as well.

Seriously though, Goku better have a tail... darnit. I really wonder why they are making a Dragonball film though. While I am really looking forward to seeing it, good or bad, because Dragonball is my favorite part of the series, I have to wonder why it isn't Dragonball Z, being that was the most popular part of the Dragonball series in the United States. Truthfully though, I think that Dragonball will make the more entertaining movie, as long as the humor and dirty jokes are still in the movie. Unfortunately I must say that I do not believe that there will be any of the penises that were regularly shown in the anime series... I always cracked up laughing whenever Goku would walk around naked and be like "yeah, I'm naked, what are you all staring at?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta
    Woah, like gnarly dude, and cowabunghole and stuff, totally rad! I think I'm having an 80's flashback now. I am so totally going to have to be shitfaced when I see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Don't know about the "XTREME SKATEBOARDER" bit, but it was announced months ago that Goku is going to be portrayed as the "unpopular kid at his high school."
    So, Goku's going to be the highschool nerd? Next thing you know, he's going to be a smart student, sport a pair of glasses when in class, and have a girlfriend named Videl. Also, when noone's looking, he's going to dress in a silly outfit and fight crime in the city. I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Also, Mai (Pilaf's henchwoman) is going to be teaming up with Piccolo for no reason.
    Well, Mai, Pilaf, and whatever the dog's name was were the ones who released Piccolo's father from his confinement and initially helped him start looking for the Dragonballs, so that does make a *little* bit of sense. Do you know if it specified which Piccolo was being helped by Mai?
    Last edited by Satoshi-kun; 9th April 2008 at 12:14 PM.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I remember hearing from somewhere is that the main reason why they are starting in DB is to make it make sense to people who aren't familiar with DBZ. I think they are already planning the sequel to put it in the DBZ universe.

I did read on a blog that said Goku was suppose to be in high school and know how to use a skateboard. It's hard to judge wither this movie will be good or not... DBZ is still a cash cow, so being released as a cheap kid's movie over a summer block buster to relaunch a toy property isn't out of the cards.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"High School Dragonball" anyone?

Seriously, all it needs now is Zac Efron.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bell02二世
    DBZ is still a cash cow, so being released as a cheap kid's movie over a summer block buster to relaunch a toy property isn't out of the cards.
    Except...it's not being released in the summer. It was going to be released in August of this year, but that got pushed back to April 2009.

That right there tells me that the film makers have already given up on the idea of this thing being a summer blockbuster and are settling on it being a more modest "spring hit" instead.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

Oh come on, you can't say that's a reason. :/ They probably want to spend more time on the special effects, since there will obviously be more than an average movie. They probably weren't ever considering those early dates as official anyways, except for maybe the last time they changed it.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post

Really.
    Trades in flying cloud for skate board?

Thank god this isn't a DBZ forum or I'd be really annoyed at all the fanboys who are probaby going to throw a tantrum about this. Even if it is just a high school student and not a skate boarder.

The stupider they make it sound the more I want to watch it.

And hooray for sad attempts to make connections with modern society

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

It also was suppose to be more futuristic and sci-fi oriented... but I don't know what to say on that because I could never guess when DB was suppose to occur. (Well... I know when Journey to the West was, but not DB) It kind of seems to occur at all times simultaneously with the modern fashions (90s and 80s attire), high tech tools, vehicles, and robots, and prehistoric dinosaurs and wildlife in the boondocks.

A cute little robot girl. Satoshi-kun's Avatar Social Media Deputy Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Satoshi-kun On Twitter Add Satoshi-kun on Facebook
    Follow Satoshi-kun on Tumblr Visit Satoshi-kun's Youtube Channel

Indeed, West City for example was much more advanced than any of our cities when Goku originally visited (when he needed his radar fixed right after destroying Muscle Tower). So even in Dragonball times, things were very futuristic already in some aspects. For example, have you ever seen anyone throw a capsule on the ground and watch as it suddenly turns into a house, car, motorcycle, or anything else of that sort?

I am guessing that it is more "normal" futuristic (whatever that may be) and less "Toriyama" futuristic (which is part of what gives the Dr. Slump and Dragonball series their charm). I am definitely going to see this movie, I just hope that I am entertained. :)

Blog Entries

Hm, this movie is now looking so hilariously bad, I'll just HAVE to see it.
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

I attempted to post this before but my thread seemed to fail in actually submitting. So anyway the basic plotline is that Goku (NOT GOHAN) is in high school...and shit happens... Nearly gets smacked by a taxi... And...more shit happens.

Yeah.

I still remember the Goku picture I posted, just a plain orange shirt with NOTSPIKEYENOUGH hair.

Dang it, the site removed the images :/ I wanna see!

Blog Entries

They were posted on Page 1, Rachel.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast