First Dragonball Live-Action Movie Images (includes a few character images) - Page 16

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: First Dragonball Live-Action Movie Images (includes a few character images)

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: First Dragonball Live-Action Movie Images (includes a few character images)

What was that random rant that had nothing to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTrainer
    Anime is alive and thriving
    The "anime" industry in the U.S. is on life support at the moment due to a number of factors. It certainly isn't anywhere as "thriving" as it was even two years ago.

So this is what it is, in my sights DBE was supposed to be the breakthrough, the milestone, the spark that starts it all.
    Starts what? Simply a revolution...a revolution that overthrows the existing order of awful predictable and stale movie franchises that have been recycled over and over replacing it with what most of the world hasn't seen...the world that is anime.
    The movie is an incoherent mess that steals every cliche in the book and does nothing new with them. This isn't a revolutionary film...it's a by-the-numbers, take-no-risks popcorn flick that was clearly influenced more by executives than "fans" or "people who give a shit."

How long is anime going to be regarded as just another cartoon by the rest of the world
    "Anime" is simply the Japanese word for "cartoon" - nothing more, nothing less.

Pretending that it's anything more than that is just delusional.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

connosieur of excellence MasterTrainer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: First Dragonball Live-Action Movie Images (includes a few character images)

So I guess I am delusional...Time to ease off the gas.
    Just a little discovery I made...

Last edited by MasterTrainer; 12th April 2009 at 09:54 AM.

A Poke-fan for over 10 years.

MasterTrainer, you're sounding completely delusional, you realize? Maybe you like the Dragon Ball franchise, but not everything about it is all that great. GT, for one. Evolution, that's another.

Your opinion is completely uninformed and you're hyping the movie for yourself so much it's starting to look sad. How about you actually watch the movie before you start protecting it? It feels like you're mostly trying to protect yourself from feeling disappointed with a Dragon Ball thing by pretending it's actually a good movie and everyone's trashing it for no reason. Please, do yourself a favor, don't do it. By hyping it for yourself, you'll just be more disappointed in the end.

Does Team Rocket hire? ImJessieTR's Avatar

I didn't think it was complete crap. A bit cheap and confused, is all. I saw quite a bit of Dragonball when CN aired it ... and it was sillier than Pokemon can be. It was meant for kids. I want to agree with aging Goku and having a tone closer to Z than DB ... but I do see the problem with that. Had it been a kiddie fantasy like the anime, I think critics like spill.com might have been nicer about it. They might also liked it better (and I imagine this is most of everybody's real issue) if it started off with DBZ. Goku wasn't a saiyan in Dragonball. This was revealed in DBZ. He was just some weird kid with frightening powers in Dragonball. Hence, in the movie, he's a picked-on dork.

Come to think of it, that was the problem with Labyrinth as well. People heard "Henson" and thought "kiddie" ... but it had enough adult innuendos and such that it confused people.
    Protect the World from Devastation -- a fanfic
    Has anyone else noticed a weird progression in fanaticism as the generations progressed? Giovanni must define himself in the presence of the religious fanatics and the cruel sociopath....

connosieur of excellence MasterTrainer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    "Anime" is simply the Japanese word for "cartoon" - nothing more, nothing less.
    Pretending that it's anything more than that is just delusional.
    I'm worthless at Japanese but I can do what any English speaker can do: Look it up!

It turns out that the Japanese word for "cartoon" is "shitae" (which is kinda self explanatory on how they view cartoons)
    My source:http://www.freedict.com/onldict/jap.html

On the flip side on the same site, The Japanese word for "anime" means "animation."

Next the purpose of my previous post was to give an analytical reasoning to why I now don't like this movie, a simple explanation, nothing else and to say that I am now on the same page as with the rest of everyone who doesn't like this movie.

tough crowd, must've been the Hanna Montana comment...
    Last edited by MasterTrainer; 13th April 2009 at 02:56 AM.

A Poke-fan for over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTrainer View Post
    tough crowd, must've been the Hanna Montana comment...
    None of us even mentioned Hanna Montana. I don't think any of us really cares about that movie. Though I have to say, it's really dumb to be angry at Hanna Montana for making more money than Dragon Ball Evolution when the potential viewers of each movie are drastically different.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

"Shitae" is closer to "sketch."

"Anime" means both "cartoon" and "animation." The two words are also synonyms in English, y'know.

On-topic...the movie's box office results are in, and Dragonball Evolution has debuted at number 8 with a total weekend gross of $4,756,488.

Rumors state that a sequel has already been greenlit, but after this complete bomb of an opening weekend, those plans might change. Thank God.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

I don't remember another time in my life where I felt so happy about a film bombing at the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Bandage View Post
    I don't remember another time in my life where I felt so happy about a film bombing at the box office.
    Thank You.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dragonball/?name_order=asc

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516