Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

Honestly, I think there's too much of it. I normally don't mind, but in some cases they focus too much on boobs and it ruins the anime. Don't get me wrong, I like boobs, but not when it seems to be the only thing that matters in an anime. It actually bothers me a bit.

Blog Entries

I think the fanservice is getting worse. Fanservice is older than you might think - look at Doronjo from Yatterman or Jun from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman. Jun had several panty shots and Doronjo wore a leotard and was frequently shown bathing (sometimes accompanied by her ugly henchmen) - and Doronjo was basically as fanservicey as they got back then. However, their outfits seem kind of tame by today's standards - now anime girls wear like nothing at all and there's too many shots of their private parts. It's getting very ridiculous.
    Last edited by zakisrage; 21st September 2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

Follow Aulos on Tumblr

I can't stand fanservice. Although I will try hard not to let it ruin a series I otherwise love, like One Piece or Gurren Lagann. It still bothers me. Like, no, their boobs don't need to be that big, nor do they need to jiggle all of the time. I can't even begin to understand the appeal of such things, and I am attracted to other women. But not cartoon women. So, TBH, fanservice adds nothing, and, in fact, I find it to be incredibly stupid and over-the-top, altogether.
    ~~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baka-kun View Post
    I see it as a double standard within the industry; basically, the executives (and by extension, the writer(s) and director) are assuming the average viewer is a heterosexual male whom wouldn't appreciate such a scene, and are also assuming that any female viewers can just be satisfied with a bishounen.
    That and showing a dick on TV is a big no-no even in Japan.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

I don't like ecchi fanservice. However, I learned to just tolerate it. I have no serious problem with it, but it is a little distasteful.

And I'm sure we all understand the feeling when parents walk in during the typical shower/bath scene.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

Blog Entries

Follow Drey on Tumblr Visit Drey's Youtube Channel

I don't mind fanservice, but when there's too much of it then I get annoyed.

Blog Entries

SAO season two is when I started being bothered by it. Eandom panty shots everywhere. It seems really gratuitous and immature not to say it can't be done well I fine with characters being hot after all we didn't have Monsanto slurry 300 years ago. That said when it spends time trying to turn me on when there is other things I care about (I don't care about Miu 15 year old body there is hilarious training to do) I just can't help but say "why?"
    matt0044 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Fanservice and ecchi? No idea what you're talking about.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    ^Skin exposure unnecessary.
    Too much ecchi

^Skin exposure necessary.
    No ecchi

Fanservice in anime 101.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    ^Skin exposure unnecessary.
    Too much ecchi

^Skin exposure necessary.
    No ecchi

Fanservice in anime 101.
    Pfft. It's all plot either way.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

To be quite honest, unless it is done in a comedic way, I just find it a little irritating, not so much because it is there but because it's there with often completely unrealistic physiques and it almost never obeys actual physics, especially with view to female characters. That is the part that, for me, cheapens a whole show and makes it uncomfortable to watch while idealising completely ridiculous characteristics.

Were it to be realistic I wouldn't actually mind it at all so long as it didn't distract from any otherwise existing plot.
    matt0044 and FANG-TAN like this.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    To be quite honest, unless it is done in a comedic way, I just find it a little irritating, not so much because it is there but because it's there with often completely unrealistic physiques and it almost never obeys actual physics, especially with view to female characters. That is the part that, for me, cheapens a whole show and makes it uncomfortable to watch while idealising completely ridiculous characteristics..
    I agree with this. There's no way in hell the breasts in Highschool of the Dead were natural, and as a man, I found the breasts and fanservice in that anime to be somewhat disturbing considering it also extended to panty shots of corpses as well (to most that would actually be a disservice, but you know some people...). Otherwise, it's a rather enjoyable, if not a very generic, zombie show... but man, my back hurts just looking at those oversized bazongas...

I guess I have a similar opinion of the Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon anime, except that was a surprsingly good anime minus the annoying breasts physiques on the character designs (and throwing you into the middle of hard-to-get-into techno-babble in the first few episodes).
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 10th December 2013 at 04:02 PM.
    matt0044 and Yato like this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Recently, I started watching Kill la Kill - which is an anime full of fanservice and ecchi. But I'm not annoyed by it. Actually, the fanservice and ecchi aren't even that distracting as I initially thought, and while they could have used some more cloth to cover their skins, I guess I can overlook those facts for now.

Blog Entries

Uh...I guess I don't really get the "their boobs are unrealistic!" complaints. I mean, isn't most anime (and to extend this, most fictional mediums) unrealistic? Most people in anime already look nothing like what you'll see in real life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xita View Post
    Uh...I guess I don't really get the "their boobs are unrealistic!" complaints. I mean, isn't most anime (and to extend this, most fictional mediums) unrealistic? Most people in anime already look nothing like what you'll see in real life.
    OK, just because humans in a lot of anime have "unrealistic" gigantic eyes as a stylistic choice doesn't mean every oddity is allowed to be overlooked. That's like saying that aspect makes it alright for character designers to put arms as legs and legs as arms.

Yes, there is a difference between art style and real life, and there are artistic liberties to be had (Kaiba is a great-looking anime that looks nothing like real life), but when a show focuses on giant, floppy boobs as a stylistic choice, you know there's something to be said there...

(I love how her breasts survived the recoil of the machine gun. lol)
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 11th December 2013 at 09:39 PM.
    matt0044 likes this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast