Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

  1. #31
    Registered User Thunder Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    Honestly, I think there's too much of it. I normally don't mind, but in some cases they focus too much on boobs and it ruins the anime. Don't get me wrong, I like boobs, but not when it seems to be the only thing that matters in an anime. It actually bothers me a bit.

  2. #32
    Burqa Swag zakisrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    392
    Blog Entries
    90

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    I think the fanservice is getting worse. Fanservice is older than you might think - look at Doronjo from Yatterman or Jun from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman. Jun had several panty shots and Doronjo wore a leotard and was frequently shown bathing (sometimes accompanied by her ugly henchmen) - and Doronjo was basically as fanservicey as they got back then. However, their outfits seem kind of tame by today's standards - now anime girls wear like nothing at all and there's too many shots of their private parts. It's getting very ridiculous.
    Last edited by zakisrage; 21st September 2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

  3. #33
    Winds ღ Aulos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    184

    Follow Aulos on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    I can't stand fanservice. Although I will try hard not to let it ruin a series I otherwise love, like One Piece or Gurren Lagann. It still bothers me. Like, no, their boobs don't need to be that big, nor do they need to jiggle all of the time. I can't even begin to understand the appeal of such things, and I am attracted to other women. But not cartoon women. So, TBH, fanservice adds nothing, and, in fact, I find it to be incredibly stupid and over-the-top, altogether.
    ~~


  4. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,856
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baka-kun View Post
    I see it as a double standard within the industry; basically, the executives (and by extension, the writer(s) and director) are assuming the average viewer is a heterosexual male whom wouldn't appreciate such a scene, and are also assuming that any female viewers can just be satisfied with a bishounen.
    That and showing a dick on TV is a big no-no even in Japan.

  5. #35
    Take me for the walk Kutomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,163
    Blog Entries
    200
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    I don't like ecchi fanservice. However, I learned to just tolerate it. I have no serious problem with it, but it is a little distasteful.

    And I'm sure we all understand the feeling when parents walk in during the typical shower/bath scene.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

  6. #36
    Melodic Symphony Drey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lilycove City
    Posts
    167
    Blog Entries
    3

    Follow Drey on Tumblr Visit Drey's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    I don't mind fanservice, but when there's too much of it then I get annoyed.

  7. #37
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,091
    Blog Entries
    196

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    SAO season two is when I started being bothered by it. Eandom panty shots everywhere. It seems really gratuitous and immature not to say it can't be done well I fine with characters being hot after all we didn't have Monsanto slurry 300 years ago. That said when it spends time trying to turn me on when there is other things I care about (I don't care about Miu 15 year old body there is hilarious training to do) I just can't help but say "why?"
    matt0044 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

  8. #38
    本物の神様 FANG-TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    マサラタウン
    Posts
    895
    Blog Entries
    73
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?



    Fanservice and ecchi? No idea what you're talking about.

    ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

  9. #39
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    ^Skin exposure unnecessary.
    Too much ecchi




    ^Skin exposure necessary.
    No ecchi


    Fanservice in anime 101.

  10. #40
    本物の神様 FANG-TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    マサラタウン
    Posts
    895
    Blog Entries
    73
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    ^Skin exposure unnecessary.
    Too much ecchi




    ^Skin exposure necessary.
    No ecchi


    Fanservice in anime 101.
    Pfft. It's all plot either way.


    ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

  11. #41
    Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Laverre Gym
    Posts
    4,241
    Blog Entries
    81

    Follow Kaori on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    To be quite honest, unless it is done in a comedic way, I just find it a little irritating, not so much because it is there but because it's there with often completely unrealistic physiques and it almost never obeys actual physics, especially with view to female characters. That is the part that, for me, cheapens a whole show and makes it uncomfortable to watch while idealising completely ridiculous characteristics.

    Were it to be realistic I wouldn't actually mind it at all so long as it didn't distract from any otherwise existing plot.
    matt0044 and FANG-TAN like this.



    [12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

  12. #42
    本物の神様 FANG-TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    マサラタウン
    Posts
    895
    Blog Entries
    73
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    To be quite honest, unless it is done in a comedic way, I just find it a little irritating, not so much because it is there but because it's there with often completely unrealistic physiques and it almost never obeys actual physics, especially with view to female characters. That is the part that, for me, cheapens a whole show and makes it uncomfortable to watch while idealising completely ridiculous characteristics..
    I agree with this. There's no way in hell the breasts in Highschool of the Dead were natural, and as a man, I found the breasts and fanservice in that anime to be somewhat disturbing considering it also extended to panty shots of corpses as well (to most that would actually be a disservice, but you know some people...). Otherwise, it's a rather enjoyable, if not a very generic, zombie show... but man, my back hurts just looking at those oversized bazongas...

    I guess I have a similar opinion of the Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon anime, except that was a surprsingly good anime minus the annoying breasts physiques on the character designs (and throwing you into the middle of hard-to-get-into techno-babble in the first few episodes).
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 10th December 2013 at 04:02 PM.
    matt0044 and Yato like this.

    ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

  13. #43
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    Recently, I started watching Kill la Kill - which is an anime full of fanservice and ecchi. But I'm not annoyed by it. Actually, the fanservice and ecchi aren't even that distracting as I initially thought, and while they could have used some more cloth to cover their skins, I guess I can overlook those facts for now.

  14. #44
    *trips* Xita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    320
    Blog Entries
    61

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    Uh...I guess I don't really get the "their boobs are unrealistic!" complaints. I mean, isn't most anime (and to extend this, most fictional mediums) unrealistic? Most people in anime already look nothing like what you'll see in real life.

  15. #45
    本物の神様 FANG-TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    マサラタウン
    Posts
    895
    Blog Entries
    73
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xita View Post
    Uh...I guess I don't really get the "their boobs are unrealistic!" complaints. I mean, isn't most anime (and to extend this, most fictional mediums) unrealistic? Most people in anime already look nothing like what you'll see in real life.
    OK, just because humans in a lot of anime have "unrealistic" gigantic eyes as a stylistic choice doesn't mean every oddity is allowed to be overlooked. That's like saying that aspect makes it alright for character designers to put arms as legs and legs as arms.

    Yes, there is a difference between art style and real life, and there are artistic liberties to be had (Kaiba is a great-looking anime that looks nothing like real life), but when a show focuses on giant, floppy boobs as a stylistic choice, you know there's something to be said there...

    (I love how her breasts survived the recoil of the machine gun. lol)
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 11th December 2013 at 09:39 PM.
    matt0044 likes this.

    ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •