Do you think Sora Takenouchi's ("Digimon") look was inspired by Misty from "Pokemon"?

Thread: Do you think Sora Takenouchi's ("Digimon") look was inspired by Misty from "Pokemon"?

Default Do you think Sora Takenouchi's ("Digimon") look was inspired by Misty from "Pokemon"?

I may think so. Because for many reasons:
    1. They both have red/orange short hair.
    2. They both have on a sleeveless top.
    3. Both of their shoes each have some sort of zig-zag running through them.

Although there are some differences:
    1. Sora wears a blue helmet, while Misty doesn't.
    2. Misty wears suspenders over her shirt, whist Sora does not.
    3. Misty has blue/green eyes; Sora's eyes are red.
    4. Sora has on longer blue jeans; Misty's is short and lighter.

So my question is: do you believe Misty’s look did inspire Sora? Yes or no?

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think Sora Takenouchi's ("Digimon") look was inspired by Misty from "Pokem

Its pretty sad how when one character has vague similarities to another, said character must be based off another one.

I wonder if Stewie Griffin was based off of Hey Arnold. They're both caucasian males with foot-ball shaped heads.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd May 2009 at 08:59 PM.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think Sora Takenouchi's ("Digimon") look was inspired by Misty from "Pokem

TBH, Sora's hair leans more towards brown, whereas Misty has red.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

No they don't look similar at all. Those are just coincidences. I mean if we go by that I'm a total Sakura copycat along with a slight Sora wannabe and a Sailor Moon inspired girl.

Hi, I'd like to transform you into a yeti.
    Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.

Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Yea i think they do have some similarities, but they're probably just coincidences, so to answer the question....no i don't

Coming Soon...

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

All I see similar to them is that both of their characterization was derailed.

Blog Entries

The only female Pokémon protagonist I think Sora looks anything like is May, and even then they're rather different in look. Attire is hardly a valid comparison point, and even if it wasn't, both have very different clothing. For one, name one instance when you see Misty in jeans or a hat.

Exactly.

Also, completely different hair colours and styles, possibly barring that Pokémon episode with the kimono-princess-contest crap which I hardly remember, but I think had Misty letting her hair down.

Now, Rika, that's an entirely different story...

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Is this a Joke?

I'm not being Sarcastic, I just see our Digimon topics have tripled in about a day (on topics that aren't major). Sora may resemble Misty because they are both based on similar Character Archetypes.

Blog Entries

no

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

She wasn't inspired by misty, as they both look very different and have very few similarities, which are probably all coincidental:

Sora:

Misty:
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Hero of the mediocore Nt '95 trainer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Its pretty sad how when one character has vague similarities to another, said character must be based off another one.

I wonder if Stewie Griffin was based off of Hey Arnold. They're both caucasian males with foot-ball shaped heads.
    For the win, dude. To topic, no. To 2nd, Jesus and Shinji(the EM-like one, not Pokemon) must be same. Both are human and well known among some people.

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

It's obvious they're not alike, just cause their clothes are kinda the same it doesn't have anything to do with it, plus Sora's hair is a little longer than Misty's and in the second season Sora had a whole different set of clothes so technically your similarities end ther