Which do you like more? Pokemon or Digimon?

View Poll Results: Pokemon or Digimon? (The franchise - game, anime, etc)

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon!

50 69.44%
  • Digimon!

8 11.11%
  • I can't decide!! BOTH!!

13 18.06%
  • Neither

1 1.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Which do you like more? Pokemon or Digimon?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Which do you like more? Pokemon or Digimon?

I don't know if there's a thread for this, but if there is, please get rid of this for me, please XDD

*Warning - NO FIGHTING, PLEASE*

Pokemon and Digimon are the two long-lasting Monster games and anime (for those who don't know, Digimon was based on a simulation game on raising monsters) which had been with was for over ten years - 15 years, to be exact. Both have goods and bads.

Which do you like better?

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which do you like more? Pokemon or Digimon?

Digimon. Better anime, plus a lot of the characters are badass.
    AuraSoul93 likes this.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Pokemon. I don't know if we're counting the games, but if we are, then I HAVE to choose Pokemon. There's N. Need I say more?

I did like one season of Digimon(The one with Takuya), but that was all.
    AuraSoul93 likes this.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

Poke, Digimon I kinda grew up watching it then playing pokemon, so I have a special connection to each, but Digimon for it's badass status.
    AuraSoul93 likes this.

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

If forced to choose anime wise, I'd go with Digimon here, only because the dynamic changes up with each series. Pokemon, for the most part, still follows the same dynamic and formula.

Manga wise, I guess I don't prefer one over the other.

Game wise, I'd probably go with the Pokemon ones.

So, no vote for me since it comes out to a tie.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

pokemon by far. no competition

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

I was a 100% Pokémon kid back in the day.

I have seen some Digimon. I liked Tamers (Takato's season), but that's it.

K11

Digimon was good in the 1st season but ever since they messed up with the obvi pairings i just started to hate the series and found it overeacting at 2nd season. At least there's some hope for Pokemon and plus the games are unbelievably good too no doubt. (i mean cm'n sora meant to go wid tai they were like soulmates right: my opinion)

Blog Entries

LOL Pokemon leading but I suppose it makes sense since this is a Pokemon forum :P

Games - Pokemon>Digimon

Everything else - Digimon>>>>>>>>>>Pokemon

The dub ruined Digimon. If you watch the original with subs it really doesn't feel like a show for kids.
    Gligar13 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Pokemon, because I like how the Pokemon don't talk (aside from Meowth), and because there are better looking characters in Pokemon (mmm, that Reggie...)

I did really, REALLY enjoy Digimon Frontier, though. The idea of the main characters turning into the Digimon forms just gelled more with me than any other season. And Koji and Takuya were pretty cool.

Blog Entries

This is one very hard choice. I love both of these series greatly, and they both had a major impact on my childhood. One of my greatest mornings as a little girl was waking up to receive a Pokemon blanket and a WarGreymon action figure on Easter (We do Easter weird at my house). It was a really tough decision to make, but make it I must.

I chose Pokemon mostly because of the games. The anime is worse than Digimon, but the games are vastly better.

I've enjoyed almost all of the Pokemon games, but the only Digimon games that I have gotten into were Digimon World 3 and Digimon Rumble Arena. And that was back in the Playstation 1 days. I've played a good amount of the Digimon games, but those two are the only ones I could play for more than a couple of hours. I have the opposite problem with Pokemon games, trying not to play them for hours on end.

The Digimon anime has more depth. I mean, just look at Tamers. It was a great season, and so were most of the others (Hated Savers however...) while anime plot-wise, Pokemon really only has good movies, so Pokemon beats Digimon there, but I may think that because Pokemon has many more movies and OVAs than the Digimon franchise.

For human characters, Digimon wins again, because they do not use the same main character in every season. The Digimon anime has a great lot more of character depth and most of the characters change a bit over time. Plus it's nice to see more than just one character getting into the action in Frontier (and later in Tamers) rather than just siting there and yelling out bad attacks.

Monster-wise: Pokemon wins, due to the fact that they are much cuter than most Digimon in my opinion. Digimon has a great amount of good-looking monsters, but they almost seem cluttered compared to the much simpler designed Pokemon. Digimon do have the ability to talk though, so it reigns above Pokemon in that aspect.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

That's a tough choice.

In terms of anime, they're too different to compare. Digimon has more depth and development, with great plots. But Pokemon, to me, has more memorable characters and definitely can set it apart from other shows. I like how Digimon takes risks with each season, introducing a new concept. But it's often hit-and-miss.
    I'm going to go with Pokemon, in terms of anime, because I'm a contrarian Pokemon feels more unique.

As for the games: the Pokemon games seem more realistic; there's a lot of wok put into making the world, it's easy to immerse yourself into the world. With Digimon games, there's not a lot of work put into the areas, which seem really bland, imo. But I absolutely love the evolution system in Dawn. Having multiple lines for each Digimon, being able to change back at any time, requiring you to degenerate in order to get stronger. When I first got the game, I was so impressed with it.
    I'm choosing the Pokemon games, though, because the Digimon games really have too many palette swaps. And because Elecmon didn't appear in Dawn. Why does Keranumamon get to be in the game, but not Elecmon?
    Last edited by Karamazov; 22nd January 2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Grave-E likes this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

I like most Pokémon designs better than Digimon, and the Pokémon franchise has better games as well. Though, the Pokémon anime has been utter crap from the start of Johto all the way until where I'm currently (the end of season 8), while I've enjoyed most Digimon seasons so far.

E: A correction. The Pokémon anime movies have been rather good even in the Johto and Hoenn eras.
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 22nd January 2012 at 07:15 PM.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Oh, I just thought I'd add on another reason why anime-wise, I probably would take Digimon over Pokemon. The characters get a lot more backstory and character development. One thing that's always bugged me about Pokemon is how all these kids are allowed to travel around and do whatever, ya know? I want to know about their parents. Why for some gyms, are the kids running them? Where are the parents? That's just one example, but yeah, with Digimon characters, you do get some backstory as to what the characters' home lives are like, or could've been like.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Manga Wise PokeSpe beats out Digimon. Anime Wise this is a tough choice, um....Digimon is good anime wise. I've liked a lot of the series but, I just can't bring myself to fall head over heels for it sometimes. I've been in the Digimon Digital-Fandom for a long long while now. I first started at around 9 and have been a fan of it since the characters typically do get more backstory, development, are more realistic, and things are more dramatic. I liked Tamers a lot, until the point where Juri went all creepy emo every episode, I don't know why but it really turned me off after that. Frontier was good until it became the Takuya and Kouji reducacy show. I haven't given Savers a proper watch. The first two series were fantastic. Xros Wars was exceptional and Xros Wars:The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time, seems to be gearing up for something surprising and interesting. So Digimon is great. But, Pokemon just overall has more ability ya know? It's a bit a more warm so to speak and bubbly something that cheers ya up. Plus I think a lot of battles are good and there's strategy unlike Digimon where it's just redundant attacking. Plus Pokemon attacks are much more established and different which makes them much more interesting.

Design Wise Pokemon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digimon
    I don't really like how they seemed to get lazy on a lot of Digimon and how they have the same attacks at times and copy and paste designs. Some Digimon Designs just don't fit real well and the naming process is a bit lazy. Cho-Hakkaimon evolving from Opposumon 0_o And a lot of Digimon ending up in the same evolution and the whole process is just to sloopy and wild.

Game Wise Pokemon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digimon

I've played various Digimon Games, but a lot of them have simply decent or ok or downright awful graphics. I also can't really bring myself to be nearly immersed into it as I would with Pokemon.

Anime Wise errr...... Digimon >>>> Pokemon
    Just barely ;D

PokeSpe >>>> Digimon Anime and Manga

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast