Discussion of Currently Airing Animé - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discussion of Currently Airing Animé

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Re: Discussion of Currently Airing Animé

La Corda d'Oro (Kiniro no Corda) Blue Sky

There's only been 2 episodes so far, and I'm starting to feel disappointed in this anime. First, the animation is poorly executed. Some of the humans have uneven facial features, and the characters sometimes look out of place.
    Second, the scene where the heroine plays the violin was awful. She moves the bow, but her other hand is just grabbing the violin really tightly and none of her fingers are moving :/ It looks really lazy. In La Corda d'Oro season 1, the heroine back then actually moved her fingers (and her body) accordingly to the music. Whether her fingers were on the right strings or not I do not know, but at least it looks much more convincing and beautiful. If they could do that kind of animation 5 years ago, why can't they do it now?
    So the only thing left that's worth looking forward to is the romance plot (as this is based on an otome game), but if they screw up there as well, then this is going to be a really big disappointment.

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr

I have watched two episodes of the following airing anime (as it will be a few more days until the next episode comes out):

• Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - I have read some of the manga. I hope the best for this anime as it has good potential since I love the main characters and the main guy is voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki (who was also the seiyuu for Free!'s Haruka).
    • Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky - This anime is okay for me. I think I'm watching this to see how the heroine's love life turns out. XD
    • Kamigami no Asobi - This anime is based on an otome game apparently. I have high hopes for this heroine. The guys are nice-looking as always. I just find it interesting how the seiyuu for one of the guys is also the same seiyuu of AoT's Levi and Brother's Conflict's Juli (the squirrel).

I haven't watched much of what is currently airing, but of what I've watched, Kamigami no Asobi and The Irregular at Magic High School are my favorites. I am so psyched for the new episode airing later today! Especially The Irregular at Magic High. I love the main guy.

I also saw the first episode of Chaika and it was good. I have a massive queue but others I'm interested in for this season: Is the Order a Rabbit?, No Game No Life, Nanana's Buried Treasure, Magica Wars, One Week Friends-- ahh, I'm gonna stop listing now as it turned out way longer than I initially thought it would be, lol.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Friend code: 1306-6423-3472 | Friend safari: Flying | Instagram: themuslimvegan|

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Haikyuu turned out to be pretty awesome, despite the disappointments I'm hearing from people. Maybe the anime isn't living up to the manga (I haven't seen the manga), but by just watching the anime, it's cool.

The only thing that bugs me is how every sports anime seems to have a "cool, cocky, famous, talented, self-centered teammate who suffered from losing a match some time ago", and Kageyama being the exact stereotype. There's the exact same character in Yowamushi Pedal called Imaizumi and those two kept overlapping in my mind. Moreover, those two even look the same!

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the next episode.

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator
    Follow TwilightBlade On Twitter

I'm really liking these so far:
    No Game No Life - great fun protagonists and vivid color scheme
    Mekakucity Actors - nice SHAFT atmosphere and storytelling
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr - it's Elfen Lied 2.0

I've got my complaints, but I'm still keeping up with:
    Black Bullet - interesting world, but it's speeding through the material
    Captain Earth - looks pretty, but I don't care for the characters nor the plot
    Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky - nothing has really happened yet

I've stopped watching:
    Hitsugi no Chaika - it was alright, but not enough for me to add to my list

I'm interested in, but have yet to start:
    The Irregular at Magic High School
    trade station
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

I'm only watching Mekakucity Actors and man, does it feel nice to know what's going on. Kagerou Project can get quite confusing sometimes.

Blog Entries

Anyone end up catching the English dub of Attack on Titan this past Saturday? I fell asleep just before it came on. Wanted to know if I should just stick to the subbed version on Netflix.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

I've been really into sports anime recently. Yowamushi Pedal and Haikyuu!! are both really addicting, to the point where I just decided to read the manga and caught up with that. Both do a really good job of making all the teammates important, and you really feel like there's a lot at stake if one of the members go down. Good character development, a lot of well-rounded characters. YowaPeda can be a bit unrealistic at times but that still doesn't take away from the excitement I get from the cycling races the characters as a team participate in. Haikyuu!! the anime just began and there's only 6 episodes out so far but its super fun to watch so far and if it follows the manga to a t then there will be a lot to look forward to.
    Last edited by Elysion; 11th May 2014 at 10:46 PM.
    ^^

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator
    Follow TwilightBlade On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    Anyone end up catching the English dub of Attack on Titan this past Saturday? I fell asleep just before it came on. Wanted to know if I should just stick to the subbed version on Netflix.
    I haven't gotten a chance to watch the dub of Attack on Titan, unfortunately. The subbed version is just fine if Netflix lacks the dubbed version.

6th episode of No Game No Life put it into my top ten favorites of all time. They played a game of shiritori (a word game where players are required to say a word which begins with the last letter of the previous word. The anime's fantasy setting allowed for a special quirk where every word the two players said became reality. First word Sora said was hydrogen bomb lol oh my goodness...!).

I'm 2-3 weeks behind all of the spring anime I started, but I'll catch up soon during the weekends. I started watching Haikyuu, but it didn't reel me in within 2 episodes.
    trade station
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Blog Entries

Has anyone here watched Doraemon: Gadget Cat from the Future on Disney XD? If any of you do, how is it?

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus article: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 2 (Selected TCG Art) (01/12/2014)

The Sarcastic Detective Sir Dragelsnart's Avatar
    Follow Sir Dragelsnart On Twitter
    Follow Sir Dragelsnart on Tumblr

I haven't watched anything in a while. Recommendations?
    Friend Code: 0087-2824-1700
    Winner of Last Poster Wins 14
    Claims: Porygon, Thunder Fang, Henry (Fire Emblem), Happy Mask Salesman, Rapier (Fire Emblem), Master Sword, Sandvich

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quick review and ratings of the ones this fall that I'm watching

1. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (Wolf Girl and Black Prince) 4/10
    Started out as a light romantic comedy, but it's becoming really cheesy. I lost interest in it after episode 5

2. Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road 8/10
    Epic as ever. I couldn't wait for the next episodes and went read the manga. I know what's going to happen next now, but even so the anime is still epic. The characters' distinctive personalities make the show all the more dynamic.

3. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) 10/10
    Really beautiful artwork and beautiful music as well. The plot is also nice and balanced between music and relationships between friends. So far, one of my favorites, and one of my top recommendations.

4. PSYCHO-PASS2 9/10
    It clearly took a different turn from Season 1, but I still like it. The only thing I don't like is the increased amount of gore, but except for one episode, nothing's too disturbing... yet.

5. Magic Kaito 1412 6/10
    Watchable... I guess. I'm not really enthusiastic about this now, but it's a nice choice if you want something light and nothing serious. Though I'd really recommend the Detective Conan Magic Files because they have better animation and quality in art.

6. Parasyte 9/10
    Again, I'm not a fan of gore, but the plot is really impressive and offers a new insight on parasites and how the main character has to deal with them. I can't believe something this interesting took so long to get an anime.

7. Sailor Moon Crystal 5/10
    Nothing much to talk about... I guess. It's still interesting, but I don't know... the hype kinda died a lot and I'm only watching because I haven't read the manga and I want to see how the plot differs from the one that aired more than 15 years ago.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - I've only read so much of the visual novel but so far so good. The animation is amazing as expected of ufotable and the characters are intriguing and all have their different philosophies. I actually like Sakura and Emiya in this anime adaptation compared to the visual novel.

Selector Spread WIXOSS - Yeah, its gotten way more crazy compared to the first season, and I really don't know. People have compared it to Madoka? But its way different - no, its way different. The WIXOSS card game doesn't make an ounce of sense like always - its just grow, random attack, grow. I don't mind that too much because the games are an important aspect of the anime but there's something larger at play. Its not exactly an anime I would recommend to people because a lot of stuff doesn't make much sense, but its an entertaining anime to sit through.
    ^^

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234