Digimon - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digimon

runs in the 90's Rubber Combusken's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Digimon

Yeah, we'd love to hear your opinion, but a giant wall of text isn't very easy on the eyes.
    If undead people die, does that mean they're alive again?

Dragons have feelings too! All you have to do is give them the chance to show these feelings, and you can do that by saving their lives...

Black Shadow: Do you like waffles?
    Captain Falcon: FALCON WAFFLES!!!

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TR Meowth View Post
    ..well OK I swear I kinda liked digimon when I was very young but I grew out of it when I was really young as well, I swear at the same time I saw Pokemon Master Quest on TV I remember vaguely I saw celebi or natu or something and lugia anyway.

Digimon & Pokemon might have similarities but they don't rip each other off Pokemon and Digimon are both completely different concepts, Digimon is just based on a Tamagotchi thing for boys is all I really know. But I know the whole concept of Pokemon ,..ok we all know what Game Freak.inc is, we know who Ken Sugimori & Satoshi Tajiri are.Right?..do you want me to continue or have you read/heard about this too many times?

Well too bad im gonna write it. ..well it starts when Satoshi was erm just a kid and yadaya..yeah he loved collecting bugs..btw you can find a heap of this info on wikipedia etc.

um so yeah he loved collecting bugs and he got more than anyone else because he just looked under rocks in ponds etc.Err he liked this show called "Ultraman" ..I have no idea what it is but in the show this Ultraman person whatever I don't know used "capsules" that had like little creatures inside I think. Thats like a Pokemon, in a PokeBall.

Around 1979 Satoshi was a Space Invaders junkie ,uh he loved video games, around 1979 he made the GAME FREAK magazine, which would later be the name of his company Game Freak.inc. Ken Sugimori became friends with Satoshi while making the mag.Satoshi liked playing Donkey Kong.

Also Shigeru Miyamoto(creator of Mario Zelda etc)was like Satoshi's mentor.Satoshi won a contest for SEGA when he was 16.On the 26th April 1989, GF.inc was founded with Satoshi making very first GF game. Quinty (JPN) Mendel Palace(US).Around 1990 or 1991 Satoshi thoughtof strange creatures(which are/were Pokemon) crawling back and fourth in the Game Boy Link Cable by seeing the communication aspect of the GB cable.The GB Link Cable was mainly for competition, but with pokemon you can trade and compete while communicating.

Um the very first Pokemon games Pocket Monsters Aka(Pokemon Red) & Pocket Monsters Midori(Pokemon Green) took 6 years to make, so you can kinda say that pokemon like started in 1990 , if you know what I mean so yeah.When those two games came out it sold 8,000,000 copies coming only second to Nintendo's Super Mario,but when you consider that Mario has been around far longer (since about 1980) than Pokemon, its no surprise that Mario won.

Pokemon IS still Nintendo's 2 best selling video games of all time today. ..LOL this is like a whole time-line. I know this is about digimon but just to say to you guys pokemon and digimon are different and were created in both diferent ways thats what I just want pplz to understand (If you DIDN'T already know). Ppl keep saying that pokemon is a ripoff, digimon is a ripoff this and that I mean cmon.

Actually the first ever anime in Japan to use the word mon monster on the end is Doraemon which came out about 1969.(≧v≦)
    Yes well we are a pokemon forum and a long lasting one at that, I'm sure everyone may not be familiar with the history of Digimon, but I'm sure most of us are familiar with the History of Pokemon. hehe... I guess if there is anyone left that didn't know, they know now!..

The walking pokedex :p
    Blog Entries

I agree they are different, but I also agree that they are the same. More different than the same in my eyes. One way I think they are the same is: Well in Pokemon the Movie 2000, Melody said a prophecy and some where in there it said: "And the world shall turn to Ash" And so Ash and Pikachu saved the world.

But that isn't a big comparison. I believe Zatch Bell is more of pokemon because my friend's brother had said "They are just pokemon with books!"
    Creature of the night that's what I be.
    Now, what was it you wanted with me?

The Digital Pokemon Chargreymonizard's Avatar

As is rather obvious with my avatar and username, I am a fan of both Digimon and Pokémon. As I mentioned with my first post in the Pokémon nicknames thread, I also name practically every Pokémon I catch after a Digimon I think relates to it. I started doing this back with Yellow version. Which I still have somewhere... I used to keep my Pokémon from evolving until I reached the Name Rater of the game, just so that I could change their names as soon as the evolved to the next Digimon in that evolutionary line.

Anyway, about the only "ripoff" I ever really thought of there being between the 'mons was Yanmamon and Yanma. Though Yanma is probably just the Japanese word for "Dragonfly" and is likely excusable in that regard.
    My Heartgold team

I am (almost) a "Living Pokédex"

Quote Originally Posted by Megidrazard View Post
    Anyway, about the only "ripoff" I ever really thought of there being between the 'mons was Yanmamon and Yanma. Though Yanma is probably just the Japanese word for "Dragonfly" and is likely excusable in that regard.
    Indeed, "yanma" is the Japanese word for darner, dragonflies of the family Aeshnidae. They're rather large and impressive dragonflies, I suppose that's why they based the Pokemon and Digimon on darners.

Creepy adorable grin FTW ~DawnFairy=)~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow ~DawnFairy=)~ On Twitter Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on Facebook Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on Google+ Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on MySpace
    Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on Linkedin Follow ~DawnFairy=)~ on Tumblr Follow ~DawnFairy=)~ on Flickr Visit ~DawnFairy=)~'s Youtube Channel

I liked the first season of Digimon a lot when I was about 9, I found it to be an rather intresting anime (or cartoon, i'm not sure what my overall logic was at that age lol)...and I thought it the (smaller, don't worry^^; ) monsters were kinda cuter than Pokemon, too o.0 Even though I think Pokemon are much cuter now. XD

I remember being obsessed with Digimon AGAIN for a short while a few years ago...and re-watched the whole thing of Season 3 AKA Tamers AGAIN on Youtube...XD I think there was a reason, though I rather not talk about it...lol

Not really that much into Digimon anymore now, though (and, like I said, I prefer cuter stuff now...like Pokemon lol). However, we might be getting Rumble Arena 2 (from Ebay?) for Easter, and i'm sure that game's going to be a lot of fun. I'll probably use Gatomon, Patamon, or, Biyomon a lot. Actually, scratch that...probably Terriormon (x3), though i'm sure i'll have a good line-up. I still like Digimon. :3

We also had the game Digimon Datasquad, I think, too...that game's storyline was actually kind of deep, and had stuff about the 'seven deadly sins', and stuff like that (kind of like Full Metal Alchemist).

That was a cool game...I remember you could evolve and de-evolve your Digimon whenever you wanted in it lol

I like being pretty irl and wear dresses i wish i could go sweet lolita...
    Riku and Clefairies are adorbs :D

The Digital Pokemon Chargreymonizard's Avatar

I wouldn't recommend DRA2, I got it and beat it (i.e.: Unlocked everything) on the same day, and all the Digimon's victory cries are "I won!"

Rumble Arena 1, despite the worse graphics and smaller character selection is better, in my opinion.
    My Heartgold team

I am (almost) a "Living Pokédex"

I have them both, but I haven't got further than unlocking Dukemon (and only him) on Digimon Rumble Arena while I've beaten DRA2. I feel like Gokumon is too strong for the first game to be really fun.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

I watched the first season and half of the second season when I was a kid, and liked how the anime had more plot than Pokémon. Many Digimon were scarier and uglier than Pokémon, and I didn't like them. :D But the reason I'm posting is to show you this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9NUNXrCTaA Even if you don't understand the language, just listen to the effort how Finnish voice actors put in to this anime. Wait for the Digimon to appear, they have ridiculous voices!

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    I watched the first season and half of the second season when I was a kid,
    Which half, first or second? 'Cause you GOTTA watch the second half. It's the best part.

*tries not to fangirl all over the place over Arukenimon and Mummymon*

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Ah, I quitted watching when those two came along and Ken become good. (Sorry XD) I just wasn't interested in the anime anymore. What happened to Arukenimon and Mummymon btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Ah, I quitted watching when those two came along and Ken become good. (Sorry XD) I just wasn't interested in the anime anymore. What happened to Arukenimon and Mummymon btw?
    Hey hey I'm not going to tell you. First of all, you gotta find out how amazingly cool they are. The end of that story simply isn't as effective when you have no idea how cool they are.

Seriously, at least watch their bits of the episodes. Not enough people like them and that's blasphemous.

Would it help if I'll say that they've been compared to Team Rocket?

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Ah, Digimon.
    The only series that has consistently been at the top of my fandom favorites list through the years, along with Pokemon.

I've seen EVERY single series raw, dubbed, and all the subs that are available, because Digimon is just that awesome

Blog Entries

Adventure 02 was pwn-some.

I just hate the way it ended after the series with the epilouge and all.

I wish theyd do a new season, savers has been over for like 2 years right?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I would continue this battle of wits with you but you're obviously unarmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Deal with it.

Blog Entries

I quite like Digimon but I've only seen the first season and Digimon Tamers. I definetly prefer the latter as it has a darker tone to it and because Guilmon, Renamon and Terriermon are just awesome.

Digimon World 2003 (Or just Digimon 3 for Americans) was brilliant. I would spend entire weekends playing it. Digimon Rumble Arena was great too. Even my mum would play it and could sometimes beat me...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast