Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - July 4th release! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - July 4th release!

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Default Re: Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - July 4th release!

I was very happy with the pace for this episode, the only bit that annoyed me was how the investigation portion literally took a minute - it'd be better if we had some explanation of all the things at the crime scene rather than just rapidly flashing them all.

The OP was.... interesting to say the least. Can't say I prefer it to the instrumental but the animation of it was great and definitely a step up from episode one's. And the ending animation was great, not exactly what I expected but it'll be interesting (and despair-inducing) to watch the number of characters grow as the series goes on.

I've got high hopes for the next episode. The class trials are the highlight of the series so unless they manage to fuck it up beyond my imagination I'm expecting something awesome.

Blog Entries

@jda95;

I read somewhere that on a radio show the producers of this adaptation said that they were gonna put most focus on the trials. I'm not sure whether it's true or not, but I have high hopes about them handling this right.

So far this isn't disappointing me in the least. I'm really looking forward to the next part, where I expect everybody tries to get inside each other's heads, and of course solve a good ol' mystery! Hot pink blood still bothers me every time I see it, but there's not much to be done about that lol. I also really enjoyed the composition for the new ending theme.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I had a bad feeling after watching the first episode because I thought this might turn out to be another crazy anime like Mirai Nikki where the stupid boy wins out of sheer luck and everyone around him dies because someone else killed them for him.

But lol... I was taken by surprise after the second episode. It's clearly handled differently from all the other survival games/anime. The trial seems to be really interesting. I'm looking forward to the next episode - I'm glad I gave it a try :D
    ACCEPTING SUBS - CLICK THE PIC!

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I'm pretty satisfied with how well things are going in the show. It's incredibly faithful to the game, most of the music is intact, the voice acting is top notch, the character development is good enough, the animation is solid, and both the OP and ED are pretty cool. The characters could be spiced up to make them seem less flat though. Free Time events provided plenty of details about the characters that made them more interesting to see in the game with more depth. The class trial in the newest episode was action packed just like in the games. It took an hour in the game for the case to be solved, but only 20 minutes in the show, managing to put in all the important details while still retaining some of the funny conversations. I think the investigation could have been given more time, but I don't really mind because I did find the investigation segment of the case to be dragged on, especially with the obvious clue in sight. I've only really started liking Dangan Ronpa once the second chapter started, so hopefully the show picks up and becomes more likeable with what's to come.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Just saw episode 3. I was amused with the animation. Is that actually the same way they portray in the games? If that's so, then I'm impressed on how they're depicting the story exactly the way they did with the games (forgive me if that's not true)

As for the execution... my dear god, that was cruel. I thought they would just show a silhouette of the murderer getting hanged or something, but that was...unexpected.

Still interesting - but I wish Naegi would stop reminding me of Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki, who seriously disgusts me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    Just saw episode 3. I was amused with the animation. Is that actually the same way they portray in the games? If that's so, then I'm impressed on how they're depicting the story exactly the way they did with the games (forgive me if that's not true)
    The game uses sprites that change depending on what the character is feeling and saying. Almost all the expressions you see are similar to the sprites. How the camera moves is almost like how it is in the game.

As for the execution... my dear god, that was cruel. I thought they would just show a silhouette of the murderer getting hanged or something, but that was...unexpected.
    The execution is nothing compared to the uncensored version of it from the game's beta. You can look it up on youtube just by searching "Dangan Ronpa Beta". The version in the game was also more cruel.

Still interesting - but I wish Naegi would stop reminding me of Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki, who seriously disgusts me.
    I don't know anything about Yukiteru, but I can promise you that Naegi does change and become more likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I've got high hopes for the next episode. The class trials are the highlight of the series so unless they manage to fuck it up beyond my imagination I'm expecting something awesome.
    What did you think of the class trial?

I'm kind of bummed on how Monokuma didn't say that what the murderer did wasn't the result of a self-defence act, considering that they deliberately broke the shower room and killed Sayaka instead of keeping her locked in and get help. When Monokuma said it in the game, it was really harsh and entertaining.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post

The game uses sprites that change depending on what the character is feeling and saying. Almost all the expressions you see are similar to the sprites. How the camera moves is almost like how it is in the game.
    Sounds epic :D I like that style.

The execution is nothing compared to the uncensored version of it from the game's beta. You can look it up on youtube just by searching "Dangan Ronpa Beta". The version in the game was also more cruel.
    *shudder* I'm actually glad they didn't show too much gore. The pink blood is one of the things I'm grateful about.

I don't know anything about Yukiteru, but I can promise you that Naegi does change and become more likeable.
    Hopefully Naegi does become more likable. I have high expectations for him.

One aspect of this anime that I liked is that the characters aren't willing to sacrifice themselves to help others. The way they're keeping their personal space and how they are not so trusting is realistic.

EDIT: I really need to refrain from searching fanarts because I'm getting spoiled to major game plots every 5 seconds... DX
    Last edited by Kyriaki; 19th July 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't mind the pink blood, it honestly doesn't make any difference to me.

EDIT: I really need to refrain from searching fanarts because I'm getting spoiled to major game plots every 5 seconds... DX
    I remember being spoiled on everyone that died 2 months before reading the LP of the game. In those 2 months I completely forgot and read the LP without knowing a thing. I recommend you read the LP. It's hard to not get spoiled. I'll send you a link to it on tumblr.

Blog Entries

Yeah, like HumanDawn already said, Naegi will turn out be quite a deductive person and a great help at trials.

I honestly find Naegi a much braver person than Yukiteru at this point (yep, I watched Mirai Nikki). Yukiteru started out as pathetic, afraid of confronting his enemies and had to rely on a crazy stalker chick to protect him. Naegi has already shown that he has balls by confronting Monokuma, so he's not afraid - to be honest, I find him to be nothing like Yukiteru. He's a nice person with a soft heart, but he's not a pussy. If anything, HE tried to comfort Maizono and help her, it wasn't the other way around like with Yuno and Yukiteru.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Yeah, like HumanDawn already said, Naegi will turn out be quite a deductive person and a great help at trials.

I honestly find Naegi a much braver person than Yukiteru at this point (yep, I watched Mirai Nikki). Yukiteru started out as pathetic, afraid of confronting his enemies and had to rely on a crazy stalker chick to protect him. Naegi has already shown that he has balls by confronting Monokuma, so he's not afraid - to be honest, I find him to be nothing like Yukiteru. He's a nice person with a soft heart, but he's not a pussy. If anything, HE tried to comfort Maizono and help her, it wasn't the other way around like with Yuno and Yukiteru.
    As long as people don't go dying for him, I'm sure Naegi would turn out to be a much better boy than Yukiteru.

In a situation where you have to kill or get killed, putting trust on someone who's obviously the weakest out of the group was not something I was impressed with in Mirai Nikki. The strongest members of the survival game actually sacrificed themselves so that someone pathetic like Yukiteru could make it to the end of the game, putting their "beliefs" in him or whatever. I don't understand why people were saying they wanted him to survive to the end when they obviously knew how he can't defend himself and heavily relies on the stalker girl for survival.

Not saying friendship is bad. I just don't want them to overdo it and make outrageous sacrifices and make characters protect Naegi at all costs.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    What did you think of the class trial?

I'm kind of bummed on how Monokuma didn't say that what the murderer did wasn't the result of a self-defence act, considering that they deliberately broke the shower room and killed Sayaka instead of keeping her locked in and get help. When Monokuma said it in the game, it was really harsh and entertaining.
    It was a little bit too fast so I wonder how those who weren't familiar with the game would handle it but for the most part it was pretty much faithful to the game so I was pleased. But like you mentioned I think they kind of glossed over that bit too quickly - there wasn't enough stressing that it was Sayaka who was planning the murder in the first place and the part about going back to complete the murder as well.

I was disappointed with the execution as well. I know it's for censorship reasons, but it felt like it had no impact for me. Leon's execution is my favorite in the series and probably the most shockingly brutal so the way it was presented in this episode felt bland in comparison.

Blog Entries

It was a little bit too fast so I wonder how those who weren't familiar with the game would handle it but for the most part it was pretty much faithful to the game so I was pleased.
    I read some comments on the episode, and most people unfamiliar with the source material either liked or loved it. Those who played the game or read the LP, eh, most of them complained. :/

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    It was a little bit too fast so I wonder how those who weren't familiar with the game would handle it but for the most part it was pretty much faithful to the game so I was pleased.
    I read some comments on the episode, and most people unfamiliar with the source material either liked or loved it. Those who played the game or read the LP, eh, most of them complained. :/
    *raises hand* I don't know anything about the game, but the investigation, the trial, and everything else was really awesome. I like how they highlighted important facts/clues and moved on to the next information quickly instead of explaining every single detail they'd say in the trial anyways. It leaves more room for imagination and I was really eager to find out whether my own deduction would turn out to be right or wrong.

EDIT: @HumanDawn; I read the LP up to where the anime currently aired, and there's so much information that wasn't included in the animation. While they aren't exactly necessary and/or relevant to the case, they are indeed interesting to look at. Especially the Free-time conversations.

I'm thinking of reading the entire LP. I'm dying to know what happens next (or rather, who dies next), and I'm getting frustrated on all the spoilers that I'm trying to avoid - makes it difficult to look up fan-art, see... XDD
    Last edited by Kyriaki; 21st July 2013 at 06:24 AM.

♥Allelujah Haptism♥ FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow FinalArcadia On Twitter
    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I was really happy with episode 4 as a whole, and I think that the anime is getting into a better groove pacing-wise now that there are less characters to spread time around to. They really fit in a lot of memorable scenes from the game into this episode, but it felt less quick (but in a good way) to me this time, rather than in, say, episode 2.

Spoilered for episode contents, but not overtly spoilery:

Spoiled for plot importance, beware if you haven't finished the LP/game:

Overall, this is probably my favorite episode thus far, and the improvement in pacing was really nice as well!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast