Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - July 4th release!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - July 4th release!

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - July 4th release!

Wikipedia Page:

Danganronpa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Video Game:

Danganronpa Kibō no Gakuen to Zetsubō no Kōkōsei (Japanese: ダンガンロンパ 希望の学園と絶望の高校生?, lit. Danganronpa: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair) is a murder mystery visual novel developed and published by Spike. The game was released exclusively in Japan for the PlayStation Portable handheld video game console on November 25, 2010. The series' title, Danganronpa, is compounded from the words bullet (弾丸 dangan?) and refutation (論破 ronpa?).
    Plot:

The game is set at a special, elite high school called Kibōgamine Academy (希望ヶ峰学園 Kibōgamine Gakuen?, lit. Hope's Peak Academy) which only accepts students of the highest caliber in various fields. To this effect, each student has a title in akin to "Super High School Level" (超高校級 chō-kōkō-kyū?). However every year it accepts one average high school student chosen by raffle and given the title of "Super High School Level Good-Luck". The events of the game are shown through the eyes of the protagonist Makoto Naegi, one such average student.

When Naegi arrives outside of the gates of the Academy, he loses his consciousness and wakes up inside the school. Naegi ends up meeting other newly picked Super High School Students who also ended up going unconscious outside of the school gates.

It is revealed that they are trapped inside the school for life by a sadistic toy controlled black and white bear called Monokuma. The only way to get out is by 'graduating'. In order to graduate, a student needs to commit a murder without any of the other students figuring it out. If the culprit succeeds at committing the perfect murder, then the rest of the students are sentenced to death while the culprit gets to leave the school.

A school trial is held when a murder occurs, so students can share information and debate about who is the culprit that committed the murder. They decide on who is the culprit by taking a vote. If the students pick the right suspect as the culprit, the culprit is put at a gruesome execution 'for disrupting the order of the school'.
    Official Anime Website:

TVアニメ「ダンガンロンパ」公式サイト

Cast:

Trailers:

The first episode will air on the 4rd of July, with a sneak of the first episode coming in the 23rd of June.

For those who have read and played the game; Don't forget to spoiler spoilers!

I'm really looking forward to the anime, being one of the most anticipated anime to come out this summer. What do you think?
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 10th June 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - July 3rd release!

Already from the short trailers it looks like this will be a really good adaption of the game, and the art style looks wonderful from what has been shown!

Game-related spoilers, beware:

On another note, hopefully a lot of the game music is present, since it was a really fitting soundtrack, and I'm curious to see if the executions are toned down any or possibly even made more brutal. But yeah, overall, I’m really excited for it to air, it seems like it’ll live up to expectations!

Also, I never noticed how hilarious Yamada's little feet and legs are until now. XD

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I don't know !
    I don't really like Anime with Character dying .
    You find a interesting character with a possibility of a romance with Protagonist but the next episode , She dead.
    You really can't get attach to any character because any character might die in any moment .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Already from the short trailers it looks like this will be a really good adaption of the game, and the art style looks wonderful from what has been shown!
    Yeah, it also feels very new.

On another note, hopefully a lot of the game music is present, since it was a really fitting soundtrack, and I'm curious to see if the executions are toned down any or possibly even made more brutal. But yeah, overall, I’m really excited for it to air, it seems like it’ll live up to expectations!
    I love most of the tracks from the game(with New World Order being my favorite!), so seeing some remixed versions of them for the anime would be sweet.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 8th June 2013 at 03:50 PM.
    FinalArcadia likes this.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I am so ridiculously excited for this it's not funny. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this'll translate into the anime medium - most likely perfectly, due to the character designs and plot fitting well for an anime. And being able to see the characters who died early and therefore barely had any voiced lines will also be great and probably make me appreciate some a little more.

The anime website updated today, and now all the characters are viewable - and it seems the first episode's airdate is actually the 4th of July.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Last edited by jda95; 10th June 2013 at 04:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I am so ridiculously excited for this it's not funny. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this'll translate into the anime medium - most likely perfectly, due to the character designs and plot fitting well for an anime. And being able to see the characters who died early and therefore barely had any voiced lines will also be great and probably make me appreciate some a little more.
    Same here!

The anime website updated today, and now all the characters are viewable - and it seems the first episode's airdate is actually the 4th of July.
    Thanks, I've updated the title accordingly. Only one more day... ;w;.

EDIT: New images have surfaced!

Kirigiri looks very tsundere for Naegi in the last image. XD
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 12th June 2013 at 03:04 PM.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - July 4th release!

Yeah, count me in, though murder mystery isn't usually to my tastes. Still, I'm addicted to the game from what I've read of it so far, and hopefully the Anime lives up to that, as well as if capable, providing more of an insight into the relationships like the Manga has done. I can't wait to see how the trials are, excuse the pun, executed, in comparison to the gameplay that goes on during them in the video game itself.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    Yeah, count me in, though murder mystery isn't usually to my tastes. Still, I'm addicted to the game from what I've read of it so far, and hopefully the Anime lives up to that, as well as if capable, providing more of an insight into the relationships like the Manga has done. I can't wait to see how the trials are, excuse the pun, executed, in comparison to the gameplay that goes on during them in the video game itself.
    It has a bit of adventure with exploring the school, so the variety is there. I was so addicted to it I ended up staying up for long periods just reading it to get to the end. I'd like that too, and there's a certain scene I'd love to get animated ;). I except the trials to have a lot of action.

A preview of the ending theme for the anime has been released!:

http://chomayo.tumblr.com/post/53272154203
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 18th June 2013 at 10:56 AM.
    Likeitornot. likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Now that the first episode of the anime aired today, what does everyone think of it?

I loved how it really felt and looked like the game but in animated motion, and hearing the music from the game was really nice (especially the use of New World Order)! It moved really quickly, but I think that was probably a good thing when there are six chapters + prologue to condense into 13 episodes.

Interesting to use a very similar OP for the anime as the game, with the music being the same with new character art. On one hand I sort-of hoped to see a more traditional anime OP, but the level of adherence to the game is pretty cool in its own right.

Overall, the first episode was really enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to seeing it subbed!

Spoilers for anyone who isn't through with the game/LP!:

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I am a little apprehensive with the pace it's going at - the prologue was covered in pretty much three minutes! But for the most part it never seemed too fast to pay attention too or understand (although those unfamiliar with the source material might not feel the same way).

The art style was great in that it fit the game perfectly (with the opening relying very closely on the original game OP) - @Froakie; was even commenting while we watched it that we were just watching the game exactly. I do hope the ending does get given a proper animation and that this episode just lacked one to avoid spoilers because I really loved the song and it seemed odd that it was so plain.

Tsutarja and FinalArcadia like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

The first episode was rushed but that was to expected with mere 13 episodes. I'm happy that the art is pretty much that of the game but there was some sloppy animation. Overall, I liked it - though now I'm worried how the rest of the episodes will be handled.

I'm not intimately familiar with the the source material, but based on what I've seen I am looking forward to watching the rest of this. Psych horror mysteries are my favorites.

The...eccentricity of the characters was a slight turn off at first, though thus far it luckily just seems to be a method to distinguish the ensemble from itself, rather than having heavy bearing on the plot. Time will tell (for me at least, I'm sure everybody else already knows :P). However, the art style seems to lend itself very well to this aspect.

The voices are pretty good, the only one that seems a bit off to me is Fujisaki Chihiro. It's annoying obvious that she is played by a male VA. Though, this might also be deliberate, so I'll hold off on that until I see more. I am delighted to see Saitou Chiwa and Sawashiro Miyuki in the cast, even if Sawashiro's character thus far seems really annoying.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

After watching the first episode, I have to say I adored it. Though the pacing is indeed a little strange so far, with things happening so quickly, I'm sure they've just got quite a large amount to constrict into what, thirteen episodes? The animation was pretty good too, the only bother being there was one part where Naegi enters the academy that looked a bit... sloppy, I suppose! Apart from that, I love the art style, and all the characters look fantastic.

As for the opening and ending, I love the fact that the opening is so much like the original game opening. I mean, they hardly changed it at all, which I think add's to the feel of the animation, in a way. Although the ending itself was a bit bland, I'm a big fan of the song, and it fits the animation well.

Finally, voice acting. I thought the voice acting was very good, actually! The voices fit each character well, and there weren't any voices that I thought didn't fit. As for Chihiro (supposedly?) being played by a male, I didn't really notice that until it was mentioned, so I don't think that's a fault either. So far, I absolutely love it.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I also enjoyed the first episode. The parts where all the characters make their initial introductions was handled in a cool, but slightly jagged fashion. I laughed at Togami interrupting Maizono and Naegi coolly, top notch. The montage of the characters doing their bits through the days was also a pleasant, brief view on how they continued on life, and Yamada bouncing on the bed was just so hilarious and cute.

"I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I have to admit, I loved this episode.

I found the pace much better and I love how they updated both the OP (though I kinda wish they stuck with the instrumental version) and ED (especially the ED, can't wait until all those empty desks are filled with students!) I also noticed how they skipped some things such as Naegi getting the golden sword for Sayaka, but I can understand why they did that as they're running short on time. Strangely, the animation quality also seemed better than it was in the previous episode. As for the investigation:

It's a shame it was so short, but I believe that they'll make up for that with trials.

So yes, it was a great second episode for Danganronpa! Kirigiri was amazign as always!

And omg, Fukawa's fainting. XDDD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast