Cardfight!! Vanguard

Thread: Cardfight!! Vanguard

Default Cardfight!! Vanguard

So what's your guys' opinion on this Anime based on the semi-popular TCG by Bushiroad? As for the TCG itself it's almost looking like a dead TCG. We got a very small meta going for it, 1 of each of the following Clans: Royal Paladin, Kagero, Gold Paladin, Spike Brothers, Angel Feathers, Granblue, and Narukami. Oracle Think Tank used to be somewhat popular in my area but it's getting too expensive right now.

I went to another cardshop over in Independence, hardly anyone bought any of the Starter decks or packs for the game. One guy came up to me looking that I have trade stuff for Vanguard and was wondering If I wanted to buy his Royal Paladin deck which of course is one of the Starter decks you can get aside from Kagero, Gold Paladins, and Narukami. Everyone is still stuck on the main TCG's right now as usual.

Do you guys think Cardfight!! Vanguard will fail like Duel Masters did in the U.S. and will the game actually take off? It seems like it almost took off in my area but I'm having difficulty getting more people into it probably because the English Dub for the TCG is kinda bad, most of my friends prefer the Japanese Sub for it since it has better quality with the voice actors and stuff.

I'd like to know what you guys think, is it worth the investment?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cardfight!! Vanguard

From what I've heard, cards exist in your usual card shops and your Walmarts and Targets.
    It may become big, but it's still pretty overshadowed by stuff like Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh, but as long as there are commercials for it, it has a chance.

Personally, I would like to have a Kagero deck and Shadow Paladin deck, pretty much cause those clans can do devastating damage and they're cool.

I don't think I'll invest myself since I pretty much refuse to get into card games again, it can get really expensive, but if it's something you wanna do and you know people that play, go for it.
    [[[[[<>>>>=====+++++~~~~~Wave~~~~~+++++=====<<<<>]]]]]

|||||!!!!!////---+++===Weekly Song===+++---\\\\!!!!!|||||

Blog Entries

Im enjoying it a lot at the moment and I also play the card game, I run Oracle think tanks!

Beware of the Palmtop Tiger

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I only saw the first handful of episodes subbed on Crunchyroll last year, but I really liked what I saw. It felt really refreshing compared to other toyetic shows I've seen since it's basically like a slice of life kind of show, but with card games and the game is treated more like a hobby than a way of life. I don't mind that aspect for Yu-Gi-Oh!, most likely because I'm so used to it at this point, and it fits for that series, but seeing a different take on a card game based anime is kind of nice. Most of the characters seemed pretty likable/interesting, even though the comedy relief characters could be kind of annoying, and it was really engaging. The only reason I stopped watching it was because I got far behind with watching other series, although I wish I had stuck with watching Vanguard considering how enjoyable it was for me. I only saw the first episode of the dub, but I thought it was pretty solid. I was used to hearing the Japanese voices for the characters, but most of the English voices seemed decent enough to me.

The card game looks pretty decent to me too. I wouldn't mind playing it myself, but only if they released a video game for it so I wouldn't have to spend a lot of money making a deck. Plus, I'd feel more comfortable playing against myself than other people. Anyway, I'm not sure how likely it is for the card game to be that successful, especially when there are other card games like Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh! out there and I don't think that I've seen any of the cards in stores, but I hope that it can do better than some other toyetic series have in the past.