Anime suggestions for young children?

Thread: Anime suggestions for young children?

Default Anime suggestions for young children?

My youngest brother (9) has started watching Sgt. Frog and tells me he wants to watch other anime shows, but I have no idea what's okay to give him. He doesn't really care for a lot of the action-heavy mecha kind of things. The only other stuff I know he's seen is Pokemon and My Neighbor Totoro. I was thinking of buying some DVDs of Sailor Moon... (Yeah, weird tastes.) So, um, suggestions, please xb
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anim suggestions for young children?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    My youngest brother (9) has started watching Sgt. Frog and tells me he wants to watch other anime shows, but I have no idea what's okay to give him. He doesn't really care for a lot of the action-heavy mecha kind of things. The only other stuff I know he's seen is Pokemon and My Neighbor Totoro. I was thinking of buying some DVDs of Sailor Moon... (Yeah, weird tastes.) So, um, suggestions, please xb
    ''Inazuma eleven'' is a good start !
    All my cousin (Bellow 10) are crazy about this anime.
    Ya , There nothing cute about it .( Expect cute Boys)
    However , Its really cool , exciting and action pecked .
    Then there ''Beyblade'' !
    Also , You can show ''Yugioh Zexal'' , ''Rockman EXE'', ''Digimon'' , ''Bakugun'' , ''Dual Master'' and ''B-Daaman''.
    There is also new Mecha anime call Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter .
    Ohhh , There is also Anime call ''Shugo Chara'' !
    It won the Best Children Manga award .
    So It's also a perfect choice for your little brother.
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 11th January 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Anime Angel InuNaruPokeAlchemist's Avatar

Naruto might be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by InuNaruPokeAlchemist View Post
    Naruto might be a good one.
    That's a good idea, I totally forgot about Naruto. I let him look through Netflix and pick one and he went with 'This Ugly Yet Beautiful World'. Go figure.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Blog Entries

Some of the stuff I remember as a kid is Dragonball/Dragonball Z (or Z Kai), Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin (though its an early dub, so the dubbing is horrible), yes Sailor Moon, Card Captors, Pokemon, Digimon (first three seasons are by far the best), Escaflowne, Rave Master, .Hack//SIGN, Gundam Wing and G Gundam (G Gundam is probably more appealing to kids, and it's good even if it is a little absurd). Someone already mentioned Yugioh.

For newer stuff as someone mentioned, Naruto is good, along the same lines is Fairy Tail, Beelzebub (not sure if this is dubbed), and One Piece (Pirates!). I've only seen Kamichu! in Japanese, but apparently its dubbed, and its really fun, so that's a good one. I also highly recommend Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, if he likes fantasy at all. I've heard people mention Princess Tutu as really good and kid friendly, but I couldn't say from experience. Ouran High School Host Club is also definitely recommended, its hilarious!

Dennou Coil is really good, and its one of those that is deep enough for someone older to watch too, so you could watch it together. The only thing is, it hasn't been dubbed, and I don't know if a nine year old can read subtitles well or even wants to. Kure-nai, also really good, but the same thing. Beast Tamer Erin and Tsuritama, same problem again.
    Last edited by NoirGrimoir; 13th January 2013 at 05:42 AM.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Hunter x Hunter. We wouldn't even have Naruto if it wasn't for Hunter x Hunter, so yeah. lol I recommend that for pretty much anyone. It's a good series as a whole, imo. I'm sure it has a dub now (the 1999 series anyway, not sure about the remake).
    Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; 13th January 2013 at 08:30 PM.

Hufflepuff is the place to be as loyalty and fairplay are very important to me.

Blog Entries

I can say Shakugan no Shana, Nurarihyon no Mago, Cardfight Vanguard, Natsume Yujincho, and Accel World to name a few.
    [[[[[<>>>>=====+++++~~~~~Wave~~~~~+++++=====<<<<>]]]]]

|||||!!!!!////---+++===Weekly Song===+++---\\\\!!!!!|||||

Blog Entries

Anime suggestions for young children
    Anime isn't exactly a field that has ones that young in mind but if you want a good one then this The Mysterious Cities of Gold along with Kimba The White Lion and Astro Boy are probably the better choices

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

There are a lot of good shounen anime that's good for kids. I'd suggest Naruto and/or One-Piece since they're both funny and enjoyable.

Blog Entries

Anime isn't exactly a field that has ones that young in mind
    That's not remotely true. In Japan anime is just cartoons, its not a special field, and cartoons have always been for children in particular. Its just that not a lot of the ones for kids come to the US, since here its an older demographic that is predominantly interested in them. Also, I'm 23, the kids anime don't really interest me all that much so I just plain don't know or watch many of them. I like anime with adult protagonists, and actually those are much harder to find than the ones that feature middle school and high school kids as protags.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Default Re: Anime suggestions for young children?

Digimon Tamers was a pretty good one. Digimon 2 is hilariously awful, but enjoyable. In general Digimon's pretty fun and I loved it. I used to watch Yu-Gi-Oh too, but I don't think it's as good. Sorry, that's all I know because the other one I watched is CardCaptor Sakura, but it is waaaaaay too girly, so I don't think he'll like it. Oh, yeah, and it's got the most horrible dub in the history of ever.

Blog Entries

Childrens Anime Suggestions? - Yahoo! Answers

^Would probably be better to go on this list

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

We should also consider Alaskapigeon's brother age .
    Not all anime is suitable for a 9 year old kid.
    Therefore , we should recommend Anime with less Bloody scene & Sexuality !
    That why I definitely recommend Inazuma Eleven & Shugo Chara !
    Remember , Kids love anime which they find cool & exciting and touch's their heart.