Herro, everyone. It's now that I'd like to introduce to the LotRS it's very own news thread. I've been mulling over this a bit since I became the daimyo 'round here a while back. I don't want to see an excess of news threads for every new something that comes out regarding anime and manga in the world, being that the predominant population of the users here watch/read anime and/or manga, so it would be natural for people around here to want to tell other people around here about something that's gone on. There're other things going on in Japan besides anime/manga-related stuff as well, so it may be best to get this stuff away from that stuff, so as to not cloud, say, Japan's relations with China, for a current example. Basically, consider this a one-thread version of The Real World, where here is where you'll post anything news-related about the anime/manga world.
I've gathered a few rules, which may be amended at later dates, announcements attached:
1. When posting a story, do it like you would when creating a thread in TRW: quote the article(s), cite the source(s), and comment if you desire, but also, put as the title of your post 'Just in: [Title of Story]' to distinguish it from other posts.
2. When citing a source, either cite it directly from a URL, or if it's an alternative source, use MLA-style citation. There are various websites that provide guides to citing under MLA, as well as others.
3. Don't repeat a story. If the date of the story you want to post is outdated in comparison to the most recent 'Just in' post, assume that the story has been posted and just move on, unless you actually want to flip back to find it. It just helps in regards to organization. Although, follow-ups are greatly encouraged, so just mention what it is you are following up.
4. Discussion is permitted, but keep it minimal. I want people to be able to look over the stories, the things I expect people to come here for, efficiently. If you compare it to how your local news station broadcasts news, how they go from story to story without much comment, then you'll get exactly what I'm getting at with this one.
5. It's implied in the fourth rule, but absolutely no debate, for reasons that are obvious enough fo me to not waste time explaining here.
6. Remember, anime or manga-related stories only! Everything else, even things regarding Japan, yet not regarding anime or manga, should be posted outside of here.
7. This isn't a rule, but more like an enablement: Don't do it excessively, but posting consecutively is fine here, including a stipulation: You can only post more than once in a row if you are posting a news story. Otherwise, double posters will be dealt with on the usual basis.
Possible disciplinary action will be taken accordingly should one break any of the rules, dependent solely on how I, or my superiors in my absence, judge the situation.
If it didn't get across in implication, this will be the only place in the Land of the Rising Sun where anything that can be classified as news regarding anime or manga is allowed to be posted, or rather, this is the first place anywhere in the LotRS that anime/manga-related news should be posted; anything posted outside will find their post merged with this thread and edited, but only if the posting requirements are met here in the first place, which will otherwise result in a plain closing.
As far as the stories themselves are concerned, be creative with what you run into! Even a story about something significant in something as little as a new manga chapter will be positively welcomed! (Though, with something like that, maybe [SPOILER] tag your post...) If you have a question about posting a story, don't hesitate to message me for my thoughts.
Aside from that last sentence above, the asking of any other questions is greatly encouraged! I look forward to reading about what you guys find!