Your favorite horror movie - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Your favorite horror movie

Default Re: Your favorite horror movie

The Shining scared people? I liked it, but I was more confused than scared. Maybe I should read the book...

Anywho, my favorite scary movie is a tie between Amityville Horror (the ORIGINAL) and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I literally could not sleep the nights I watched those two. Maybe I'm just a pansy, but those movies are terrifying. From the subtleness-to-jump scares of Amityville to the plain old run-from-scary-guy concept in Texas Chainsaw, they knew what they were doing in those movies.
    Back, and better than ever! :D

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Carpenter's 'The Thing' and Kubrick's 'The Shining' are pretty awesome.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Horror movies just aren't my thing. Mostly because I'm a bit of a pansy, but for the sake of sounding phosisticated (:P), I'll just say that I don't think getting scared s***less is entertainment.
    Kaori likes this.

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Depends on how deep you want the horror to be
    For the not as serious kind would say Bats
    For the Medium kind any or all of the Jason,Freddy,M.Myers,Scream series
    For the High kind The Thing&first 2 Alien Movies
    For the watch with a light on kind The Exorcist,The Ring,Both versions and series of the grudge

I really enjoyed A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

Return Of The Living Dead.

It's the zombie movie everyone should see.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

My favorite horror movies are The Brave Little Toaster and Here Comes Peter Cottontail...kidding. The Brave Little Toaster is pretty disturbing and Here Comes Peter Cottontail does have Vincent Price in it, though. Right now, my favorite is The Abominable Dr. Phibes. I would highly recommend it. It's clever and captivating, and I'm a total sucker for old horror movies.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I don't really much like typical horrors, but I am a fan of Silent Hill and 28 Days (and 28 Weeks) Later. They're more psychologically alarming to me than "oh look a poltergeist/murderer".
    Jack Pschitt likes this.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Kaori;
    28 Days Later is fantastic. :D I view it as more of a drama than anything, though.

If you want to blur the line between horror and drama for a minute, I am a big fan of zombie drama. 28 Days Later, The Walking Dead, World War Z, I soak it up like sponge. It's a shame there aren't more movies (as well as books and other media, but for the sake of this thread I'll just say movies) that use the idea of zombies for drama and serious thematic story-telling, instead of shlocky horror. Zombie drama seems to be a rising trend, so maybe in time we'll see more movies like 28 Days Later for me to inhale. >:D

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

@Jack Pschitt; Absolutely! I don't even really consider it a horror, as such, but stores seem to, so I just don't waste time arguing, since it is literally horrifying even if it doesn't fit with the "BOO! Look I am a gory thing with a vague backstory jumping out at you" trend I notice in popular horror. :P I really hope the rise of zombie drama continues, I absolutely love when they take things that are usually so overplayed and make them as candid as possible. 28 Days Later is one of the few films I had to get on DVD because I could just watch it so many times. It's especially eerie for me because I live pretty close to many of the key areas they filmed in London. :'3
    Jack Pschitt likes this.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

The Evil Dead 2. The first one was good but the second one is much better. The zombies are really scary, it's fast paced, Bruce Campell is a ridiculously hot.

I first saw it when I was four (I know irresponsible parenting, right?) My brother put it on when he was babysitting me and my other brother. I was scared out my witts for weeks. I hated going to bed in the dark and I was terrified because we live next to the woods ^^

Not to mention my brother kept teasing me by saying the incantations from the Necronomicon, I thought he was gonna unleash the spirits >.>

I'm not scared of it anymore now, when I watch it these days it's purely to perv on Brucie.

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

Mine is Halloween (1978), as I must've mentioned a dozen times by now.

There just isnt anything better than a good slasher flick, and Halloween I & II are the best of the best. Not to mention, Micheal Myers is genuinely scary, unlike Jason Vorrhees and Freddie.

Blog Entries

Oh god, I love horror movies. >w< I'd say my favorite is Insidious. While it wasn't the scariest horror movie I've watched, I still enjoyed it.

Blog Entries

The Shining scared people?
    When I was a kid, yeah. I just hated the psycho killer music and Shelley Duvall is enough to scare anyone :P

My favorite horror movies are from the 80's. I like Dario Argento's and Lucio Fulci's movies, as well as the A Nightmare on Elm Street movies. I also like zombie movies like The Night of the Living Dead and Return of the Living Dead.

Yet, I think that the best horror movies are those with a bit of mystery and hard-to-explain phenomena. They are usually not horror in that way with monsters or blood, but some of them can be scary just because strange things occur. One of these is In the Dead of Night from the 40's. Other is the Twilight Zone series. I've also watched Rosemary's Baby which gives sort of paranoid feelings.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast