Worst Spongebob episode ever aired - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Worst Spongebob episode ever aired

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) meme 4 2012 Jesterman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Worst Spongebob episode ever aired

The episode where Spongebob breaks his spatula. I hate that one. But the best one is when they sell chocolate.
    u want the d

The earworm episode, but maybe that's because I saw it after I saw Regular Show's take on the same concept.

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After the Spongebob movie, it all went downhilll. I stopped caring about the show after the one where Spongebob thinks he magically turned Squidward into and ice cream cone.

The new episodes revert to the stereotypes of the characters: Spongebob is just happy all the time, Squidward is always genuinely miserable, Mr. Krabs is a money-grubbing bastard, and Sandy is a genius. But they gave Plankton way too much personality: the one where he starts going out with Krabs' mother was god-awful. It saddens me, really, because the first three seasons still genuinely make me laugh, and I used to look forward to watching Spongebob. But I only watch Spongebob now if it's an older episode only.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dragoon View Post
    The new episodes revert to the stereotypes of the characters: Spongebob is just happy all the time, Squidward is always genuinely miserable, Mr. Krabs is a money-grubbing bastard, and Sandy is a genius. But they gave Plankton way too much personality: the one where he starts going out with Krabs' mother was god-awful. It saddens me, really, because the first three seasons still genuinely make me laugh, and I used to look forward to watching Spongebob. But I only watch Spongebob now if it's an older episode only.
    Textbook examples of Flanderization. I agree with you; the directions the characters went in were partly what derailed the show for me. And since I never say anything if I can get TVTropes to say it for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by TVTropes
    Flanderization:
    Most of the main characters since the movie. Specifically, SpongeBob has gone from a naive Genius Ditz to borderline-Too Dumb to Live, Patrick has become arguably the most extreme Ralph Wiggum in animation, Mr. Krabs's obsession with money has become his only defining trait and Squidward's Butt Monkey status has become full-blown Disproportionate Retribution (though Squidward himself hasn't been Flanderized, since he was a Jerkass from day one...)
    Gary and Sandy suffer highly inconsistent Flanderization Depending on the Writer. Gary can act as a normal pet or be several times as intelligent as most of the cast around him while Sandy can be an insane Ted Baxter or a walking embodiment of Positive Discrimination.
    Any and all aspects of Sandy's older "tough cow-girl" traits seem to have been completely removed until the episode "Rodeo Daze" in favor of her knack for building inventions...something she did ONE TIME IN THE FIRST SEASON.
    Somewhat curiously, this seemed to happen from the very beginning of Season Four. There was no transitional phase (some might say the movie was, but I disagree); all of a sudden, we were dealing with these caricatures of the characters. Unsurprisingly, I find the ones where this is most prevalent ("Karate Island", "whatever-the-one-with-SpongeBob's-laugh-box-was-called", and pretty much anything that got any sort of hype) are the most painful.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am a rabid SpongeBob fan, and I love the older episodes (Seasons 1-4 and the movie, even a select few of the newer eepisodes), but my least favorite episode would have to be "The Splinter". Blegh. It had no jokes, just gross-out humor clearly inspired by Ren & Stimpy. And I don't know about you, but I hate gross-out "humor", and I am not a Ren & Stimpy fan. "The Splinter" was painful to watch. But I must say, some of the very newest episodes (Season 8, I believe) are an improvement over the last few seasons.
    Antlionerd likes this.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I hate 80% of the episodes from 2007 and on.

But my least favorite overall has to be Dear Vikings. It was absolutely pointless, and not in the good way. There wasn't even really an ending. It just sort of stopped.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by tyler212 View Post
    The one with the Magic Conch shell
    Urgh...my little brother has that on DVD. Watching it once was bad enough, but...

Problem is, Spongebob episodes either have me in hysterics, or I'm deadpan throughout.

Registered User Pedro "Lucario"'s Avatar

...I don't say I hate any episode,but the one with that his spatula broke was bad.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Most of the big promo episodes aren't worth watching. Best Day Ever was pointless. Plankton "steals" the formula was okay, but nothing worth promoting the way Nickelodeon did.

The spatula breaking episode does stand out as one of the most ridiculous, nonsensical episodes.

Blog Entries

Squidbob Squarepants or what ever its called

Some say I'm part opossum Opossumguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Splinter, and the one where Squidward's toenail gets hit by the couch when he was doing a house show. I think it was called House Fancy. Not a fan of extremely close humor. To Love a Patty was pretty bad, too.

I'm "ehhhh" about most newer ones, with the exceptions of that being Krusty Towers, The Mattress (Spongebob: How many do you think there are? Patrick, while looking around at the millions of mattresses: Ten.), and Sand Castles in the Sand.
    I love opossums. They shall rule the world. Oh, and I should be more active now.

The one where the Flying Dutchman moves into Spongebob's house and starts playing pranks on him. I HATE that episode. It wasn't funny, it was just disgusting.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

As seems to be the popular trend, I stopped watching the show after the movie, but I've caught the occassional new episode thanks to places like TV Tropes tempting my morbid sense of curiousity.

There are plenty of disgusting ones that have already been mentioned. But one I found the most irritating was where Squid has to go back to boating school and is forced to endure Spongebob (who was drawn with weird puffy cheeks for some reason) drooling all over/irritating him for the entire episode. It's very difficult not to side with Squidward, and it's easily one of the most obnoxious episodes of anything I've ever seen.

Blog Entries

Fungus Among Us--I absolutely hate that episode, it was disgusting and... just ew.
    Egghatch likes this.
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDONT SEGA SONIC's Avatar

people-people please all new episodes are all ........ just ........ equally .... terrible.
    my pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard .And thier like "do you wanna play cards" Damn right i wanna play cards! i trade picka chu for electric charge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast