Worst Disney Channel Show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Worst Disney Channel Show

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Default Worst Disney Channel Show

Following the other two threads made by @Robo-Floatzel, what do you think is the worst show on Disney Channel? Live-action and animation is okay.

For me, it would maybe Shake It Up (Wow. I hate this show.), Austin and Ally (I hate the characters), and Fish Hooks (TOO STEROTYPICAL).
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Worst Disney Channel Show

LOL You beat me to making this thread!

I don't think Fish Hooks is that bad, it's not great, but it's not that bad, I do agree that the characters are a little too stereotypical though, but it's easily my least favorite of Disney Channels current animated programming, but I admit, it's much better than the live action programming, heck, ANY animated show on Disney Channel, no matter how good or bad it is, is more watchable than the live action programming.

As live action goes, all of Disney Channels shows are basically clones of each other, the worst ones have to be Shake it Up, Jessie, and Austin and Ally, not to mention their overuse of canned laughter, you can't go 5 seconds without hearing fake laughter, even at the most unfunny moments possible, or just at random moments, I mean, you hear a fake sounding audience laughing even when someone says something like "pickle juice". The shows are cliche, boring, and repetitive. To sum it up, all their shows after Hannah Montana involve the exact same thing: singers, dancers, and anything that involves music, I know they got this idea because of the success of Hannah Montana and High School Musical, but every show is the same thing:

• Shake it Up: A music competition show
    • Austin and Ally: People who own a music store
    • ANT Farm: A girl who is a musical prodigy
    • Good Luck Charlie: Not primarily about music, but the main character plays a guitar

Not to mention every single one of them has a teenage girl with a bland personality as the main character. These shows have no stories, no morals, no nothing, it's just the same thing over and over again, and about every 3 months or so, they make a new show, which is most likely to be a copy of the last show, just with a different teen girl, and a gimmick that most likely involves music.
    Akuraito and HumanDawn like this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Whilst I don't actually know the current roster if shows on Disney, I'm pretty confident that it's still very poor.

Hannah Montana is probably the worst thing to happen to children's shows because it's made it so easy to duplicate the formula. Nowadys children are flooded by live action, teen pop singers disguised as a 22 minute TV show. I can't stand these type of shows. So basically any show that takes this formula and regurgitates it.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FABuLUSH! View Post
    Whilst I don't actually know the current roster if shows on Disney, I'm pretty confident that it's still very poor.

Hannah Montana is probably the worst thing to happen to children's shows because it's made it so easy to duplicate the formula. Nowadys children are flooded by live action, teen pop singers disguised as a 22 minute TV show. I can't stand these type of shows. So basically any show that takes this formula and regurgitates it.
    I can agree with you there, and while it had an interesting premise, the fact that the songs topped the charts and sold well was where Disney started obsessing over teen pop-singers. Once that happened, Disney channel lost it's spirit completely, and became nothing but a music studio for "talented" singers.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 15th July 2012 at 09:12 AM.
    John Understands likes this.

My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post

I can agree with you there, and while it had an interesting premise, the fact that the songs topped the charts and sold well was where Disney started obsessing over teen pop-singers. Once that happened, Disney channel lost it's spirit completely, and became nothing but a music studio for "talented" singers.
    Yeah that's right. Disney clearly isn't willing to take risks - whilst it's obvious that a business will want to continue to develop a product that is tried and tested, if they aren't going to innovate they can soon find themselves in a bad position. You named four shows loosely based on the Hannah Montana format in an earlier post, so you can already see the lack of innovation. A couple years down the line Disney will continue to lose viewers to competitors (nick and CN) if they don't put out shows that have a unique selling point. I don't think kids want to see the same formula in every TV show, surely they want some differentiation.

The Disney renaissance has truly passed now, and that makes so grateful that I was growing up at the right time to see Disney's most consistent period of films and spin off tv shows.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FABuLUSH! View Post

Yeah that's right. Disney clearly isn't willing to take risks - whilst it's obvious that a business will want to continue to develop a product that is tried and tested, if they aren't going to innovate they can soon find themselves in a bad position. You named four shows loosely based on the Hannah Montana format in an earlier post, so you can already see the lack of innovation. A couple years down the line Disney will continue to lose viewers to competitors (nick and CN) if they don't put out shows that have a unique selling point. I don't think kids want to see the same formula in every TV show, surely they want some differentiation.

The Disney renaissance has truly passed now, and that makes so grateful that I was growing up at the right time to see Disney's most consistent period of films and spin off tv shows.
    I do agree with you, but to be fair, Disney Channels executives are the kind who believe that this is the kind of stuff kids want, and that the kids of today are dimwitted and are less intelligent than Beavis and Butthead, Nickelodeon's executives are no different.

Basically, since 2006, Disney Channel has gotten itself into a ditch that it cannot seem to climb out of, and it is very close to rock bottom on the live action portion, but not overall, as for animated programming, one user on Youtube said that Phineas and Ferb was a step in the right direction, and Gravity Falls is showing signs of the channel making a comeback to it's older self, but only time will tell what will happen next...
    John Understands likes this.

My DA account

50% loser & 50% Bad jokes Kay-Senpai's Avatar

every show except for Gravity falls :I

edit:oh and Phineas and Ferb
    Last edited by Kay-Senpai; 23rd July 2012 at 05:02 PM.

☆*・゜゚・*2SUGOI4U*・゜゚・*☆

The worst show in my opinion is Austin and Ally. I absolutely can not stand that show. I don't really like Jessie either, but ANT farm and Shake it Up is okay. I prefer the older shows over the current shows.

Blog Entries

Okay. I dislike shows. I need to go in further detail.

Okay, where do I begin... Jessie, Shake it Up, Austin and Ally, and Fish Hooks.

I hate these shows. ANT Farm is okay, Good Luck Charlie is okay, Phineas and Ferb is GREAT, Gravity Falls is GREAT.

These shows...are steps in the wrong fucking direction.

Jessie is...just horrid. It has so many unfunny and sadistic jokes (Near-extinction of an animal that someone worked on for YEARS, but this was resolved later) that it's unfunny. The characters are bland, stupid, ditzy, and sterotypical.

Shake It Up is horrid too. Horrid dancing that American Idol and Glee can beat, horrid and sterotypical characters, unfunny and sadistical jokes, and bland characters. Also, the music sucks. And it seems like every episode, something happens to Rocky and CeCe's friendship. What a fucking surprise!

Fish Hooks...is just fucking horrid. Everyone is sterotypical and bland. Bea is an example of a regular TV show teenager girl, Milo is an example of a class clown and stupid guy, and the other is just a smart one. There's a bully. Also, the animation and looks sucks EVERYWHERE ALL AROUND. It's almost as horrid as MAD in terms of bad animation.

And Austin and Ally. Did I mention this show FUCKING SUCKS? Not only is it another Hannah Montana, it has bland and sterotypical characters. Austin is ditzy and famous, Ally is shy and unknown, Trish gains and loses a job EVERY DAY, and Dez is too stupid. And it involves music.

EDIT1:
    Okay, I just watched the episode where they get a MyPad (what a great ripoff), and I hate that episode. At the end, they get a MyPad...and then someone takes it from them because DEZ, The Great Almighty Fucking Idiot, hid a golden horseshoe in part of a fake contest. HOW SADISTIC ARE THE WRITERS?! It's like playing keepaway from a baby and a doll! Now, what you be your reaction if you just bought a hard-earned $500 iPad 3...and someone takes it from you, like it's nothing?

This is the reason why Dez is my most hated character in Disney Channel Live Action Continuity.

Disney. What happened to great shows like Kim Possible and Aladdin? Ever since the success that was Hannah Montana, there has been almost ONLY music-related shows. Disney is in a dark age, and I am convinced Disney is Satan Disney is in a dark age of Live-action shows. We need another LA show with no laugh tracks.
    Last edited by John Understands; 16th July 2012 at 01:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G013M View Post
    Okay. I dislike shows. I need to go in further detail.

Okay, where do I begin... Jessie, Shake it Up, Austin and Ally, and Fish Hooks.

I hate these shows. ANT Farm is okay, Good Luck Charlie is okay, Phineas and Ferb is GREAT, Gravity Falls is GREAT.
    ANT Farm and Good Luck Charlie are decent, but are among the better programming, they're still the formulatic sitcoms that Disney Channel is infamous for, as for P+F and Gravity Falls, they are both definitely great shows, the latter has definitely dragged me in.

These shows...are steps in the wrong fucking direction.

Jessie is...just horrid. It has so many unfunny and sadistic jokes (Near-extinction of an animal that someone worked on for YEARS, but this was resolved later) that it's unfunny. The characters are bland, stupid, ditzy, and sterotypical.
    I've seen one episode of Jessie, I changed the channel halfway through the episode because it was that bad.

Shake It Up is horrid too. Horrid dancing that American Idol and Glee can beat, horrid and sterotypical characters, unfunny and sadistical jokes, and bland characters. Also, the music sucks. And it seems like every episode, something happens to Rocky and CeCe's friendship. What a fucking surprise!
    I not only dislike Shake it Up, my mom hates it too, we both found the main character to be so ANNOYING, and the jokes were just so unfunny, not to mention the premise was just... ehhh, it makes High School Musical look like Annie.

Fish Hooks...is just fucking horrid. Everyone is sterotypical and bland. Bea is an example of a regular TV show teenager girl, Milo is an example of a class clown and stupid guy, and the other is just a smart one. There's a bully. Also, the animation and looks sucks EVERYWHERE ALL AROUND. It's almost as horrid as MAD in terms of bad animation.
    I can agree with you there, though it's better than the live action programming at least, it's easily my least favorite of Disney Channel's animated shows, the characters are blatant high school stereotypes, and as for the animation, the fish themselves are animated in a different style than everything else, one which looks like the animators were high on something.

Doing a little research, I discovered that the fish characters are animated in the same style as series creator Noah Z. Jones's other work, Almost Naked Animals, though that show stuck with one art-style rather than use two separate styles (did they pan this out to two different animation studios or something), it just makes everything look out of place, and a bit on the surreal side.

And Austin and Ally. Did I mention this show FUCKING SUCKS? Not only is it another Hannah Montana, it has bland and sterotypical characters. Austin is ditzy and famous, Ally is shy and unknown, Trish gains and loses a job EVERY DAY, and Dez is too stupid. And it involves music.

EDIT1:
    Okay, I just watched the episode where they get a MyPad (what a great ripoff), and I hate that episode. At the end, they get a MyPad...and then someone takes it from them because DEZ, The Great Almighty Fucking Idiot, hid a golden horseshoe in part of a fake contest. HOW SADISTIC ARE THE WRITERS?! It's like playing keepaway from a baby and a doll! Now, what you be your reaction if you just bought a hard-earned $500 iPad 3...and someone takes it from you, like it's nothing?

This is the reason why Dez is my most hated character in Disney Channel Live Action Continuity.
    Austin and Ally, oh god, where to start? This show is basically a display-case of everything that's wrong with Disney Channel, the plots and writing are just awful, and the characters have copy-and-paste personalities, The MyPad episode is easily the worst of the bunch, the ending to the episode was just so mean spirited, you work hard for something only for it to be taken away, and you get nothing in return, that's just sadistic, and flat out cruel to the main characters. Dez in particular is dumb enough to make Beavis and Butthead look like astrophysicists in comparison.

Disney. What happened to great shows like Kim Possible and Aladdin? Ever since the success that was Hannah Montana, there has been almost ONLY music-related shows. Disney is in a dark age, and I am convinced Disney is Satan Disney is in a dark age of Live-action shows. We need another LA show with no laugh tracks.
    I know, Disney, or at least the Disney Channel, is ran by people who think that this is the kind of stuff kids want to see, but ignore the fact that this might not be what teens and adults want to see, it's also a cheap way of making money is by exploiting the talent of teenagers to make them sing and dance.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 16th July 2012 at 02:39 PM.

My DA account

Blog Entries

EDIT1:

Austin and Ally, oh god, where to start? This show is basically a display-case of everything that's wrong with Disney Channel, the plots and writing are just awful, and the characters have copy-and-paste personalities, The MyPad episode is easily the worst of the bunch, the ending to the episode was just so mean spirited, you work hard for something only for it to be taken away, and you get nothing in return, that's just sadistic, and flat out cruel to the main characters. Dez in particular is dumb enough to make Beavis and Butthead look like astrophysicists in comparison.
    Exactly. What the fuck happened to happy endings?! That's not Disney OR Disney Channel at the slightest?! It's like the way newer Simpsons episodes go. They almost got it, but they didn't get it at the end. That angres me. Again, imagine if your iPad 3 was stolen. How would you react?

They did not react AT THE SLIGHTEST. Sure, they were ALL angry at Dez, but that was a waste of what seemed like, I dunno, 500 FUCKING DOLLARS!

What happened to the happy-ending Disney? What happened to the Disney of the 20th Century?

Blog Entries

Again, imagine if your iPad 3 was stolen. How would you react?
    I'd cry like a wee lassie. I'm on my iPad right now, if someone so much as scratched it I'd be angry.

What happened to the happy-ending Disney? What happened to the Disney of the 20th Century?
    Happy endings aren't as marketable to preteens that watch these shows, Disney's reasoning is that that happy endings are nice and all, but they aren't LOL so RANdUm XDXDXD, and that's what kids want.

Allegedly.

I know that when I have kids I'll raise them on Pixar, Disney's good cartoons, some Nick, some CN and old Looney Tunes. They'll thank me for it, I know it.
    maglev is invisible

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It'll have to be the sitcoms, including the ones you guys have listed out, because lets face it, sitcoms are awful at using realism when it comes to normal life situations. As for the statement that this is what kids like these days, weren't we in the same state when we were growing up in the 80s and 90s? Kids were interested in wacky clothing and toys in the 80s, while kids were interested in skateboards and hip hop, or pretty much anything that supposedly "hip," in the 90s.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Jessie is absolute garbage. None of it is funny, and it's just a really odd mix of characters that doesn't work at all. Suite Life on Deck was also absolutely terrible. I enjoyed the original series, but on Deck, especially by like the second season, got so dumb. It veered off into like fantasy episodes or whatever you want to call getting possessed by an island goddess. Being the sequel to a series that was more or less realistic, it just didn't fit. And then there was that god awful movie.

Blog Entries

No show on Disney Channel is great nowadays in my opinion. Gravity Falls is way too eccentric and predictable while Phineas and Ferb seems to have reached its apex in quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast