Worst cartoon you've ever seen? (Read first post!) - Page 5

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Worst cartoon you've ever seen? (Read first post!)

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

Oh goodness gracious dare I say Code Lyoko. I freaking hated that show to its maximum core.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Blog Entries

I hate any show that assumes that all teenagers talk like "Yo dude this is totally awesome, man!" as if it's still 80s California. I didn't talk like that when I was 16, nor did I ever! As for the guy who mentioned Hanna-Barbera, they had a cartoon called Yo Yogi! where the characters were teens and they talked like that. Makes me wonder if the writers knew any teenagers. (Look up "Totally Radical" on TV Tropes.)

In a comic I'm writing, when the characters (who are teenagers and talk normally) encounter a fellow teen - one who talks in "Totally Radical" slang - they suspect that he's an imposter. (And, as it turns out, it's a forty-something man in disguise.) It's a reference to this episode of My Life as a Teenage Robot where Vexus disguises herself as what seems to be a teenager, but she's speaking in ridiculously outdated slang like "guys and dolls" and "oh, applesauce". I'm guessing her slang is from the 20s and 30s. Her disguise is also very out of date. And of course Jenny sees through the crappy disguise.
    Last edited by Toutebelle; 1st June 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I know a lot of people complain about The Looney Tunes Show and it's inaccuracies to the original classic shorts, but the Looney Tunes shorts made in 2003-04 by Larry Doyle will make you regret complaining about the recent series. These shorts suffered from unfunny and often mean-spirited gags (even for the slapstick that the original classic shorts were built on), they had superficial characterizations and a general tone that bore little resemblance to the classic Looney Tunes shorts.

They were originally made to be released with Warner Bros. films that were released around 2003 and 2004, but they were so bad that they were never released in theaters, and were only released in the Australian DVD release of Looney Tunes: Back in Action. A total of 6 shorts were made, with 17 planned that were unmade.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

He Bled into the Throne Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is probably controversial, but I cannot stand Tom and Jerry. At all.

The game is called Bridges...

Banner by Blazaking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    This is probably controversial, but I cannot stand Tom and Jerry. At all.
    I don't mind them (except for the stupid movie where they can talk), but I dislike that Tom and Jerry knockoff with a cat named Mr. Jinks and two mice named Pixie and Dixie.

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

I'm trying to think what is the worst I've ever seen (as in it's actually THE WORST I'VE SEEN, not just "I don't like it") but it's hard...

Uh.
    "Mega Babies" is the only one that comes to mind. Anything with toilet/"poopy doody" type humor will already be bad to me, but this show was too gross even when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Fuck MLP and everything about it. The show isn't terrible, but the fanbase is terrifying.
    *thumbs up at bolded part*

Newborn Cuties (look, another baby-themed cartoon in this post) is pretty repulsive though. And I like the older MLP cartoons to some extent. -_-

Blog Entries

If you think any of that is bad, wait until you hear about the direct-to-video cartoon series Learn Our History. It was produced by none other than Mike Huckabee. Its goal is to teach kids history, but it fails at that. If you ignore the obvious political bias (Family Guy is extremely biased too, but it's not poorly animated), there is the most atrocious animation and even more atrocious voice acting. The voice acting bored me to tears. A few episodes are available on YouTube, if you dare to check it out.

Season 16 of Arthur made me really mad. Another company bought the rights to it and changed it for the worse. The animation, which had been progressively getting better, was actually made worse with the use of Flash. Some series work well with Flash, but Arthur is too well-drawn for that. They also added a new character named Ladonna for no apparent reason. They even dumbed down some of the writing, so it's not as interesting to older viewers.
    DO YOU RENOUNCE ICE CUBE AND ALL HIS WORKS INCLUDING FRIDAY? - Winston Jerome

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Those who grew up in the 90's watching Saturday morning cartoons probably noticed NBC's lack of a Saturday morning block, and that is because the block they had in the 80's was drug under by two things, one being the FCC's mandate for more educational programming, to which NBC refused, the other was among that blocks last programming, a series called "ProStars". The series was about superstar sports players Michael Jordan (basketball), Wayne Gretzky (hockey), and Bo Jackson (baseball) helping kids around the world and fighting criminals who do evil things simply for the sake of being evil. It tries to promote diversity by the various countries and kids they visit, but unfortunately falls victim to ruthless stereotyping. There are also massive continuity and animation errors, among other things that make little to no sense, with more than 40 in the first episode alone!

Internet reviewer Linkara of Atop the Fourth Wall fame (who normally reviews comic books) even saw ProStars as partially being the reason NBC's Saturday-morning block was cancelled, along with Yo Yogi! which was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    If you think any of that is bad, wait until you hear about the direct-to-video cartoon series Learn Our History. It was produced by none other than Mike Huckabee. Its goal is to teach kids history, but it fails at that. If you ignore the obvious political bias (Family Guy is extremely biased too, but it's not poorly animated), there is the most atrocious animation and even more atrocious voice acting. The voice acting bored me to tears. A few episodes are available on YouTube, if you dare to check it out.

Season 16 of Arthur made me really mad. Another company bought the rights to it and changed it for the worse. The animation, which had been progressively getting better, was actually made worse with the use of Flash. Some series work well with Flash, but Arthur is too well-drawn for that. They also added a new character named Ladonna for no apparent reason. They even dumbed down some of the writing, so it's not as interesting to older viewers.
    I've never actually seen it, but I've heard about Learn Our History (also called "Time Travel Academy") on TV Tropes, as they put it:

Quote Originally Posted by TV Tropes
    Time Travel Academy (aka Learn Our History), a series of educational CGI cartoons produced by Mike Huckabee to educate kids on the "history that schools are afraid to tell". Let's put it this way — you know you've got a real stinker on your hands when you can't even make the trailers look good. Its flaws include as follows; amateurish CGI work (It looks like it was done half-heartily on Daz Studio and cel-shaded to cover up the fact), Cardboard cut-out characters, coupled with wooden dialogue and completely phoned in voice acting, moments of Critical Research Failure (i.e., the scene in the World War II trailer where a modern-day black girl appears, praising Rosie the Riveter, inexcusably ignorant of the rampant racism that went on during the time), not to mention its shameless abuse of Hollywood History, featuring a woefully dishonest Theme Park version of the 1970s-80s, blatant plagiarism (early copies of one episode had a character wearing a helmet from Warhammer 40000; fortunately for them, this was removed from later copies); and to top it all off, a political Bias Steamroller, despite the show's claim to "teach history without bias".
    As for Arthur, I'm surprised that show is still running, but I'll agree that it wasn't meant to be animated with Flash, though to be fair, traditional animation has been becoming more and more expensive to do, so anymore it's either that or CGI, so pick your poison.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Me personally: from recent memory, I'll have to go with Ren and Stimpy. It's just all-around grotesque.
    You took the words out of my mouth.

My (ex)boyfriend was a huge fan of that show and every Saturday night during the 90s, I was forced to watch that drivel or he'd pout. There was literally no plot to any of the episodes, the humor was disgusting and the show itself was so stupid that it made me feel dumber for having watched it. I hate the art style, hate the music and hate nearly everything that was involved with that show's creation. The only thing I don't hate is Billy West, as he is a voice artist with a lot of talent...but even he couldn't save that pile of excrement for me.

Runner up would be the cookie cutter crap that Hanna-Barbera shat out during the 70s and 80s. And don't get me started on Scooby-Doo. I have never understood the attraction at all.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

A lot of cartoons that are computer-animated or Flash-animated bother me. The worst I've seen?
    Johnny Test. I can't believe it's still running, just take it off. Maybe Cartoon Network will get better ratings if they do that.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

Oh my god, don't mention Ren & Stimpy with me, it makes me go on a tangent about how much I can't stand John K. (I stopped myself from writing one now)

If you don't like Ren & Stimpy, don't ever watch the short-lived "adult" version (actually, calling it "adult" is inaccurate since it's so immature)...it's so over-the-top vulgar I could barely sit through most of the episodes. The only episode I like is Ren Seeks Help.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Runner up would be the cookie cutter crap that Hanna-Barbera shat out during the 70s and 80s.
    Seconded.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Mega Torchic.
    (I couldn't think of a good username so I used my fav pokemon)

DJ Mary #1 Fan! GoldFromNewBarkTown's Avatar

Rocky and Bullwinkle (idk if thats the correct spelling) a really cheesy and non-sense relic from the 70's that recently originated the worst animation movie EVER.

Death Note

It has such a silly plot and I can't stand the characters. I wonder if the magna is any better.

I really, really dislike that Adventure Time cartoon. It's just so overrated and gimmicky in my opinion. I don't care for the characters or the animation, and I don't know why it's so appealing to people. I find it to be really pretentious over all, no offense to its fans obviously. I just literally can't stand that show. It irks me to no end.
    Spyspotter likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Worst Cartoons I've Ever Seen: Problem Solverz, Fanboy and Chum Chum, Annoying Orange, and most of modern-day CN's cartoons (exceptions being Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.).

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast