Worst cartoon you've ever seen? (Read first post!) - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst cartoon you've ever seen? (Read first post!)

my OBE garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

The cartoon I've always recalled the least fondly from my childhood would be the Littlest Pet Shop spin-off cartoon from the mid-90s. As a kid, I was an avid LPS collector, so I routinely forced myself to watch it, but, try as I might, I could never force myself to like it. It struck me as the work of a production team who were keen to emulate the high-engery formula of the "Steven Spielberg presents" cartoons of the day (Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs), but didn't understand it, and thought they could get the job done just by being as noisy and chaotic as possible. The resulting cartoon was an utter mess - annoying at the best of times, and horribly, horribly confusing at the worst.

Then there's The Kwicky Koala Show, notable mainly for being one of the last projects that Tex Avery worked upon (and a bit of a bum note to end his career on, quite frankly). Generally speaking, cartoons from the early 80s aren't renowned for their high concepts or production values, but a lot of them still manage to be entertaining in a "so bad it's good" kind of way. Kwicky, on the other hand, was both bad and mind-numbingly dull. The titular character was a Droopy-esque koala whose big gimmick was that he could evade predators (more specifically, a hopelessly neurotic wolf) by moving at lightning speed - thanks to the cut-price animation techniques however, what he'd actually do was disappear in frames of animation and then reappear elsewhere in the scene. And that was about it. There was also a supporting segment about a lynx who made the most appalling wisecracks and had a tendency to wiggle his eyebrows provocatively at the camera, but it was still infinitely more entertaining than anything Kwicky himself had to offer.

Finally, I'm compelled to give (dis)honorable mention to Disney's House of Mouse...it wasn't godawful exactly, but it was a terrible waste of a good idea.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 1st November 2011 at 10:46 AM.

All the generations of My Little Pony. I hated the old show's animation, and although the new seasons have a new look, I still don't like it. It's also become WAAAAAAAAAY too overrated.
    FiM over the old any day.
    Applejack: OK, this is just gettin' weird. Real me! Real me!

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Most of the recent American cartoons are doing a poor job... some of them are too stupid to watch and have the worst sense of humor. If I had to pick a few, I'd say Fairly Oddparents, Johnny Test, and Spongebob.

The older cartoons are better. The Flintstones and the Jetsons were epic. I wish loads more were like these. Heck, even the Loony Tunes are better. No matter how many times the characters get hit by anvils, it's laughable in a classical way.

my OBE garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Another cartoon I probably should've mentioned was Yo Yogi! This attempt to make the classic Hanna-Barbera characters more relevant to the youth of the early 90s by restyling them as mallrats and having them spout annoying buzz-words is about as cynicism-inspiring as HB gets, and truly that's saying something.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    The cartoon I've always recalled the least fondly from my childhood would be the Littlest Pet Shop spin-off cartoon from the mid-90s. As a kid, I was an avid LPS collector, so I routinely forced myself to watch it, but, try as I might, I could never force myself to like it. It struck me as the work of a production team who were keen to emulate the high-engery formula of the "Steven Spielberg presents" cartoons of the day (Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs), but didn't understand it, and thought they could get the job done just by being as noisy and chaotic as possible. The resulting cartoon was an utter mess - annoying at the best of times, and horribly, horribly confusing at the worst.
    I never knew there was a Littlest Pet Shop cartoon in the 90's, I know (or at least I heard) The Hub is making a new LPS cartoon to air next year, but I never knew there already was one.

Then there's The Kwicky Koala Show, notable mainly for being one of the last projects that Tex Avery worked upon (and a bit of a bum note to end his career on, quite frankly). Generally speaking, cartoons from the early 80s aren't renowned for their high concepts or production values, but a lot of them still manage to be entertaining in a "so bad it's good" kind of way. Kwicky, on the other hand, was both bad and mind-numbingly dull. The titular character was a Droopy-esque koala whose big gimmick was that he could evade predators (more specifically, a hopelessly neurotic wolf) by moving at lightning speed - thanks to the cut-price animation techniques however, what he'd actually do was disappear in frames of animation and then reappear elsewhere in the scene. And that was about it. There was also a supporting segment about a lynx who made the most appalling wisecracks and had a tendency to wiggle his eyebrows provocatively at the camera, but it was still infinitely more entertaining than anything Kwicky himself had to offer.

Finally, I'm compelled to give (dis)honorable mention to Disney's House of Mouse...it wasn't godawful exactly, but it was a terrible waste of a good idea.
    Speaking of Tex Avery, there was a (now forgotten) cartoon series in the 90's called "The Wacky World of Tex Avery", which TV Tropes easily described as "Coming to redefine the term 'In Name Only'", it starred a rowdy cowboy named Tex Avery, allowing them get away with the name without getting in trouble with the suits, and the entire cast was claimed to be done in the style of Tex Avery's works, despite the show having none of Avery's creations such as Droopy Dog, George and Junior, and Screwball Squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Another cartoon I probably should've mentioned was Yo Yogi! This attempt to make the classic Hanna-Barbera characters more relevant to the youth of the early 90s by restyling them as mallrats and having them spout annoying buzz-words is about as cynicism-inspiring as HB gets, and truly that's saying something.
    I've heard about that show, they said it was so horrible, that asides from two TV specials and the recent live action movie, Hanna-Barbera never made another show with Yogi Bear or any of his friends again, this would ultimately lead to the companies fall several years later
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 28th June 2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

spongebob, my parents even banned me from watching that crap pile.

Blog Entries

The Looney Tunes Show, the 2011 version, I've seen it and it was horrible. Bad art, bad portrayal of some characters, and just over all bad in my opinion. I grew up watching the original stuff and it doesn't even come close in comparison
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa
    IGN: Cat
    3Ds FC: 0962-9582-2336

Blog Entries

Johnny Test, Fanboy and Chum Chum, Almost Naked Animals, Sidekicks.

Ughh .__.

Blog Entries
    Follow Lester Nygaard On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Dora the explorer. It's an insult to your IQ.
    You know, once I had the incredible idea to make a version of Dora the Explorer...starring Boris Johnson, called (prepare yourself!) Boris the Explorer! Map was David Cameron and Backpack was Nick Clegg. It was later changed to the HobNob Goblin for copyright reasons, and I'm still working on it. Oh, by the way, the worst cartoon I've seen is a hellish and disturbing cartoon I only saw once, called Almost Naked Animals. Like I said, disturbing. Blech. Another cartoon from the depths of hell is Rated A for Awesome. Contradicts its name.
    Last edited by Lester Nygaard; 14th April 2013 at 02:54 AM.

Haters gonna hate

Johnny Test. Kill it with fire. Kill it with fiiiirreeeeeee

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Johnny Test, how is that junk still on the air and still successful is beyond me. Also I've never heard of Fanboy and ChumChum or Problem Solverz but judging by videos on Youtube, they look awful and I'm not gonna even bother with them.

Blog Entries
    Follow Lester Nygaard On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Johnny Test. Kill it with fire. Kill it with fiiiirreeeeeee
    I agree. I've only seen it once, two years ago. Ugh. I felt rather sick seeing that hell-spawn.

Haters gonna hate

Blog Entries

Caillou is pretty awful. It's about an annoying little bald kid.

This sums up the entire show:

I finally watched Back at the Barnyard. It was so stupid. I'm disturbed by the fact that there are male cows (complete with udders) on the show. Anyone who knows a thing about farm animals should know that udders are the equivalent of a woman's breasts, and that a "male cow" is a bull. Why not draw a man with big breasts while you're at it?

Also terrible was Allen Gregory - that one cartoon that Jonah Hill made. Luckily they cancelled it after a few episodes.

They actually greenlighted a Mortal Kombat cartoon in the 90s!
    Helga: Look, Phoebe you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleepover you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
    Phoebe: Just get out.
    - Hey Arnold

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

I remember there was this really lame Sonic cartoon called Sonic Underground, iirc he had a brother and a sister and they had to find their lost mother, and they were in a band. Also they used their instruments as weapons too.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

"Captain Planet, he's a hero/ He's gonna take your stomach to zero"

I may be right-wing, but I still have environmentalist sympathies. But when I watch Captain Planet, I get the sudden urge to burn down the rainforests and blast crude oil at toothpaste mascots because he's seriously that annoying.

I also dislike MLP: FiM, but that's more because of the fan base. The show itself isn't terrible, it's just that the bronies are insufferable (especially my cousins, one of whom was sure that if you watched a couple of episodes of FiM, you'd love it. Trouble is, that didn't work on me and some of my other cousins).
    Last edited by Sith Droideka; 21st April 2013 at 09:53 AM.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast