Worst cartoon you've ever seen? (Read first post!) - Page 15
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 274

Thread: Worst cartoon you've ever seen? (Read first post!)

  1. #211
    Requiem Raver Drakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aboard the Hikokyu II
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rdumpemail2001 View Post
    Guys, if anyone remembers Captain Planet. I rest all cases.
    Oh. GOD.

    I actually got up early to watch that pile of sludge when it first premiered. I'm an environmentalist but that show was so terrible that it made me want to pollute! It was so bad, it was BAD. Just UGH. >_<
    I'm an environmentalist but seriously, it was so preachy and self righteous.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

    Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

    Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

  2. #212
    追放されたバカ Spyspotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Zero Isle South
    Posts
    290
    Blog Entries
    12
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Yo Yogi was the worst HB cartoon ever. Yogi and co. were teenagers using "totally radical" slang and solving mysteries at the mall. Yeah, it's worse than it sounds. It was so bad that it led to HB's downfall.

  3. #213
    "Never is here." Silverwynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Knights Terminus
    Posts
    8,085
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rdumpemail2001 View Post
    Guys, if anyone remembers Captain Planet. I rest all cases.
    Oh. GOD.

    I actually got up early to watch that pile of sludge when it first premiered. I'm an environmentalist but that show was so terrible that it made me want to pollute! It was so bad, it was BAD. Just UGH. >_<
    I'm an environmentalist but seriously, it was so preachy and self righteous.
    Exactly. It was just so full of itself it wasn't even funny. Talk about a bore to watch.

    Just remembered one from the dying days of NBC's Saturday morning line-up: "Wish Kid". This was a terrible little cartoon that featured the voice of Macaulay Culkin, who just so happened to own a magic baseball glove that granted wishes. Yes, it was just as bad as it sounded. Or to put it another way, it made Captain N look like high art. Trust me, it was awful.

  4. #214

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Three Friends and Jerry. Makes the animation of Home Movies (which is a decent show in terms of writing) look like a masterpiece.

  5. #215
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,499
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    I think I might have found a flash animated show WORSE than Johnny Test called Brickleberry, and oh my god is it horrible. It's basically the adult animation equivalent of Johnny Test, with absolutely obnoxious and unlikeable stereotypical characters, jokes about animals humping and getting killed (like one episode I watched where rednecks are hitting squirrels with a baseball bat), as well as nothing but jokes about sex, pot, and being crude and raunchy just for the sake of being crude and raunchy.

    Now, as much as I dislike South Park, many of it's crude jokes actually had substance to them and worked with the context of the show, but in Brickleberry however, it's just done for the sake of being as raunchy as possible. Oh, did I mention Daniel Tosh works on this series, which is probably why it hasn't been cancelled yet since Comedy Central LOVES Daniel Tosh anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    I hate Family Guy a lot. It's full of stereotypes, and there's no plot. It's also way too political (it has a strong leftist bias). And the overly long gags? UGH.

    SpongeBob can go f*** itself with the huge marathons. I also hate how they reduced Sandy's role in the show and given Mr. Krabs and Plankton way too much focus. (And considering that Pearl and Mrs. Puff hardly ever appear anymore, it's like they're getting rid of all the females on the show.)
    Most of Hollywood is pretty leftist, in fact, the entire state of California is the most liberal state in the US, as well as one of the most restrictive states (they outlaw things there that borderline on communist China if anything), so it's no surprise that Family Guy (and to an extent, South Park) are pretty left-wing a lot of the time.

    And I agree with you on Spongebob, they changed Sandy's role and pushed her to the side when she used to be one of the primary cast members, and Krabs and Plankton have essentially taken the focus away from Spongebob completely in certain episodes, not to mention that Mr. Krabs, once my favorite character on the show, is now an unlikable jerkass while Plankton is a simpleton, to the point where in some episodes I find myself rooting for Plankton. Yes it does seem like they are trying to make Spongebob have a mostly male cast, since the only females you see a lot of the time are the occasional background fish more than anything.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  6. #216
    "Never is here." Silverwynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Knights Terminus
    Posts
    8,085
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I think I might have found a flash animated show WORSE than Johnny Test called Brickleberry, and oh my god is it horrible. It's basically the adult animation equivalent of Johnny Test, with absolutely obnoxious and unlikeable stereotypical characters, jokes about animals humping and getting killed (like one episode I watched where rednecks are hitting squirrels with a baseball bat), as well as nothing but jokes about sex, pot, and being crude and raunchy just for the sake of being crude and raunchy.

    Now, as much as I dislike South Park, many of it's crude jokes actually had substance to them and worked with the context of the show, but in Brickleberry however, it's just done for the sake of being as raunchy as possible. Oh, did I mention Daniel Tosh works on this series, which is probably why it hasn't been cancelled yet since Comedy Central LOVES Daniel Tosh anymore.
    Yeah, I didn't have to watch that to know it was horrid. Why? I've watched Tosh.0. The viral vids are funny but Tosh's breakdowns and "commentary" are so god awful and unfunny that I want to throw something large and heavy at my TV. And don't get me started on the redemption skits, as they are terrible. He isn't funny at freaking all; he's just sad and pathetic, really.

    My husband watched an ep of Uncle Grandpa and didn't have much to say about it. Instead, he kind of gagged when I asked him how it was. Yeah, that's not a great endorsement.

  7. #217
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,499
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I think I might have found a flash animated show WORSE than Johnny Test called Brickleberry, and oh my god is it horrible. It's basically the adult animation equivalent of Johnny Test, with absolutely obnoxious and unlikeable stereotypical characters, jokes about animals humping and getting killed (like one episode I watched where rednecks are hitting squirrels with a baseball bat), as well as nothing but jokes about sex, pot, and being crude and raunchy just for the sake of being crude and raunchy.

    Now, as much as I dislike South Park, many of it's crude jokes actually had substance to them and worked with the context of the show, but in Brickleberry however, it's just done for the sake of being as raunchy as possible. Oh, did I mention Daniel Tosh works on this series, which is probably why it hasn't been cancelled yet since Comedy Central LOVES Daniel Tosh anymore.
    Yeah, I didn't have to watch that to know it was horrid. Why? I've watched Tosh.0. The viral vids are funny but Tosh's breakdowns and "commentary" are so god awful and unfunny that I want to throw something large and heavy at my TV. And don't get me started on the redemption skits, as they are terrible. He isn't funny at freaking all; he's just sad and pathetic, really.

    My husband watched an ep of Uncle Grandpa and didn't have much to say about it. Instead, he kind of gagged when I asked him how it was. Yeah, that's not a great endorsement.
    Agreed, Daniel Tosh is just trying too hard to be funny and to me, he's just the TV version of Ray William Johnson over on Youtube, and I honestly have no idea who's worse, Tosh.0 or RWJ. I used to like RWJ a long time ago, but I don't find him funny anymore, and I NEVER found Daniel Tosh funny...

    As for Uncle Grandpa, I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, it has some funny moments here and there, but I honestly find it too weird for my tastes. Probably the one thing that bothers me other than the animation looking a bit flat for a modern cartoon is the fact that one of the characters is a Giant Realistic Flying Tiger; her "character" is supposed to be the only female main character, but she's really nothing more than a one-note character. Now, I'm fine with characters like this when they're just one scene, but here it's just one overly long joke, being that she's a giant realistic flying tiger, there's no real character there...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  8. #218

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    What's up with Johnny Test? He was a first class dude ;)

    Spongebob. Absolutely Spongebob, it gets on my nerves. The man in square pants is increasingly becoming a jerk.

  9. #219

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Season 1 of Johnny Test isn't anything special, but there were some moments in those episodes that made me chuckle. Not to mention the animation is traditionally drawn with digital ink and paint, which, to me, is at least tolerable. Season 2+ However...yeah...that answers the question in this forum. What does Cartoon Network like about Johnny Test? There has to be SOME reason why they're still making new episodes. Ratings? Demographic? Merchandise? Self-Amusement?

  10. #220
    追放されたバカ Spyspotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Zero Isle South
    Posts
    290
    Blog Entries
    12
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I think I might have found a flash animated show WORSE than Johnny Test called Brickleberry, and oh my god is it horrible. It's basically the adult animation equivalent of Johnny Test, with absolutely obnoxious and unlikeable stereotypical characters, jokes about animals humping and getting killed (like one episode I watched where rednecks are hitting squirrels with a baseball bat), as well as nothing but jokes about sex, pot, and being crude and raunchy just for the sake of being crude and raunchy.

    Now, as much as I dislike South Park, many of it's crude jokes actually had substance to them and worked with the context of the show, but in Brickleberry however, it's just done for the sake of being as raunchy as possible. Oh, did I mention Daniel Tosh works on this series, which is probably why it hasn't been cancelled yet since Comedy Central LOVES Daniel Tosh anymore.
    There are a lot of flash cartoons that are worse than Johnny Test, like Brickleberry, Wild Grinders, Superjail, and Problem Solverz to name a few. Johnny Test really isn't that bad, I really enjoyed the first season and while the rest of it isn't that great, it's entertainment for when I'm bored.

    Wild Grinders, though, is awful. The plots make NO SENSE whatsoever, and even the advertisements are unwatchable (let alone the show itself). The characters are also stereotypical, which can't be a good thing…

    NFL Rush Zone is another awful Nicktoons original. Its plots also make NO SENSE whatsoever, but at least the animation is better than Wild Grinders's.

  11. #221
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,499
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeLight52 View Post
    Season 1 of Johnny Test isn't anything special, but there were some moments in those episodes that made me chuckle. Not to mention the animation is traditionally drawn with digital ink and paint, which, to me, is at least tolerable. Season 2+ However...yeah...that answers the question in this forum. What does Cartoon Network like about Johnny Test? There has to be SOME reason why they're still making new episodes. Ratings? Demographic? Merchandise? Self-Amusement?
    Money dear boy, the show is so cheap to make that it's basically where the excess money from all the merchandise from CN's other shows go, and regardless of how high or low it's ratings are, they're not getting rid of it anytime soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyspotter View Post
    There are a lot of flash cartoons that are worse than Johnny Test, like Brickleberry, Wild Grinders, Superjail, and Problem Solverz to name a few. Johnny Test really isn't that bad, I really enjoyed the first season and while the rest of it isn't that great, it's entertainment for when I'm bored.

    Wild Grinders, though, is awful. The plots make NO SENSE whatsoever, and even the advertisements are unwatchable (let alone the show itself). The characters are also stereotypical, which can't be a good thing…

    NFL Rush Zone is another awful Nicktoons original. Its plots also make NO SENSE whatsoever, but at least the animation is better than Wild Grinders's.
    From what I heard, Problem Solverz was not animated in Flash, but by a different animated program called "Paper Rad" or something like that. Still is rather jarring compared to some other shows on CN, though. Wild Grinders is almost unwatchable, the characters are stereotypes and the plots make no sense, even Uncle Grandpa makes more sense than this show does, and that's saying something. I've seen Rush Zone once, and I had no idea what I just watched after seeing it, other than it involves football.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  12. #222
    追放されたバカ Spyspotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Zero Isle South
    Posts
    290
    Blog Entries
    12
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    The other day, the cartoon Time Travel Academy was mentioned on The Colbert Report. I looked it up on YouTube to see how awful it was, and…

    Somebody pass the brain bleach.
    Last edited by Spyspotter; 8th October 2013 at 02:46 PM.

  13. #223
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,499
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyspotter View Post
    Te other day, the cartoon Time Travel Academy was mentioned on The Colbert Report. I looked it up on YouTube to see how awful it was, and…

    Somebody pass the brain bleach.
    Oh boy, I've heard of the horrors of Time Travel Academy (aka. Learn our History), and I was told that it had horrible CGI and political bias despite saying that it's to "teach history without bias", as well as it's countless historical inaccuracies, with wooden dialogue and completely phoned in voice acting. That's at least what I was told about it, but I haven't seen it before...

    *watches an episode*

    Sweet mother of pearl, what the heck did I just watch? I know there are people who complain about the cel-shaded CGI in Iron Man: Armored Adventures (which isn't a bad show at all IMO), but IMAA's CGI is magnificent in comparison to THIS, in fact, the CGI is bad enough to make Video Brinquedo's films look like Pixar in comparison. The voice acting is absolutely corny and phoned in, as well as the generic cartoon stock music playing.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  14. #224

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Pretty much anything by Seth Macfarlane.

  15. #225
    追放されたバカ Spyspotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Zero Isle South
    Posts
    290
    Blog Entries
    12
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

    Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Pretty much anything by Seth Macfarlane.
    Yes, they're vulgar for the sake of being vulgar and that was it. Plus, the overused cutscenes in Family Guy and the insanely dark humor in Robot Chicken.

    Another cartoon I dislike is Monster High. It's pointless and unintelligible, with unlikable characters and crappy CGI. Plus, the fan base is AWFUL, and it's almost as bad as the MLP fan base (It's aimed at little girls, bronies. Get over it and stop spamming the internet.). Everyone in the MH fan base thinks that if you watch enough episodes of MH, you will instantly become a fan. I was forced to sit through several episodes of that elephant crap myself and, nontheless, I enjoy Dora more than this.
    Last edited by Spyspotter; 11th October 2013 at 03:29 PM.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •