Worst cartoon you've ever seen? (Read first post!) - Page 13

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Worst cartoon you've ever seen? (Read first post!)

Default Re: Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

UNCLE GRANDPA, wtf and I thought nothing could be worse than certain shows on that channel, I guess I was wrong.
    Spyspotter likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Aki View Post
    One that really tops my list is "The Misadventures of Flapjack". My goodness there is so much wrong with that show. Usually, I don't mind cartoons showing somewhat disgusting things, but this show seems to go out of its way to draw things like warts, boils and the like in the most disgusting way. It just seems so over-detailed to the point where I'm not sure why they chose to go into such depth for a cartoon. The characters are also severely unlikable to me and the story...uh what IS the story exactly?

I mean, to contrast just briefly: Courage the Cowardly Dog had the Toe Monster. Was it disgusting? Yes. But the drawing of it was abstract enough that it didn't attempt to show the exact contours of the skin of the monster (which was covered in yellow boil-like objects as it was). That was a disgusting creature done right. Flapjack just severely overdoes it.
    Whoa. Everything that could go wrong with a cartoon (except flash animation) can be found in TAMoF. It's like everything that was awful about Chowder was multiplied by 10. Plus, the people who make Flapjack spend so much time making it a gross-out cartoon that they don't spend any time on the writing, non-gross-out animation, etc. It's disgusting (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarHero View Post
    UNCLE GRANDPA, wtf and I thought nothing could be worse than certain shows on that channel, I guess I was wrong.
    Oh boy, Uncle Grampa is essentially a compilation of everything that's wrong with CN anymore. Don't even ask me what I was doing watching the show's premiere. The stupid concept, unfunny and overused jokes and bland animation seals the coffin. I could go on about all of the reasons why it's awful.
    Last edited by Spyspotter; 17th September 2013 at 07:39 PM.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Aki View Post
    One that really tops my list is "The Misadventures of Flapjack". My goodness there is so much wrong with that show. Usually, I don't mind cartoons showing somewhat disgusting things, but this show seems to go out of its way to draw things like warts, boils and the like in the most disgusting way. It just seems so over-detailed to the point where I'm not sure why they chose to go into such depth for a cartoon. The characters are also severely unlikable to me and the story...uh what IS the story exactly?

I mean, to contrast just briefly: Courage the Cowardly Dog had the Toe Monster. Was it disgusting? Yes. But the drawing of it was abstract enough that it didn't attempt to show the exact contours of the skin of the monster (which was covered in yellow boil-like objects as it was). That was a disgusting creature done right. Flapjack just severely overdoes it.
    I wasn't really a fan of Flapjack, but I'll admit that it was a bit overdone with gross-up close-ups every other scene or so, not to mention the ugly character designs and overly dark color palletes.

In the earlier seasons of Spongebob, we had scenes like the Nasty Patty, Moar Krabs, and "Does this look unsure to you?" among other things, and those were all gross for the sake of being funny. In the later Spongebob seasons, as well as Flapjack, they're gross for the sake of being gross.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Fanboy and Chum Chum. I feel like I lose some of my brain cells whenever I watch that show.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    Fanboy and Chum Chum. I feel like I lose some of my brain cells whenever I watch that show.
    That was my worst CN cartoon before Uncle Grandpa came out...WTF, CN is really dropping the ball.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    That was my worst CN cartoon before Uncle Grandpa came out...WTF, CN is really dropping the ball.
    Well, that airs on Nick where I am (Fanboy and Chum Chum), but doesn't change my opinion of it. I agree w/you.

I give an honorable mention to Annoying Orange. My god...at least the Internet version has some charm to it. The show is just...like what FRED is on Nick to put it bluntly.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, that airs on Nick where I am (Fanboy and Chum Chum), but doesn't change my opinion of it. I agree w/you.

I give an honorable mention to Annoying Orange. My god...at least the Internet version has some charm to it. The show is just...like what FRED is on Nick to put it bluntly.
    It airs on Nick where I am too, just don't care enough to correct it, though. I did not see the TV version and don't want to...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It airs on Nick where I am too, just don't care enough to correct it, though. I did not see the TV version and don't want to...
    No worries. :)

Trust me, you don't want to. It's...really bad to say the least.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Just to be contrary...

From what I've seen of Uncle Grandpa it strikes me as a bit too random and trippy for its own good, but I'd hardly call it the worst cartoon ever. I like the tiger, so there's that.

Blog Entries

Fanboy and Chumchum, along with TPoM put Nick into its dark era where every one of its shows was either unoriginal or stupid. Fanboy and Chumchum wasn't nearly as bad as shows such as Robot & Monster that it led to, but if it wasn't for Fanboy and Chumchum garbage shows like that wouldn't exist. Thankfully, FBaCC is on "hiatus" along with all of Nick's non-Spongebob programming.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Just to be contrary...

From what I've seen of Uncle Grandpa it strikes me as a bit too random and trippy for its own good, but I'd hardly call it the worst cartoon ever. I like the tiger, so there's that.
    I don't hate the show either, but I'll agree with you there, especially since many of Cartoon Network's shows have become essentially trippy and random. Yes Adventure Time was silly, and Regular Show is too, but every show seems to be trippy and random anymore, starting with Gumball, and getting more trippy from there.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Secret Mountain Fort Awesome was really bad, IMO. I never understood what kind of appeal that show had. lol.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Huh, I really like most Adult Swim shows...

I really hate Family Guy. I actually liked it a while ago, until it started focusing solely on Brian. Not to mention the extremely overused and unfunny "remember that time when..." jokes.

Also, as it's been mentioned, most older cartoons that are still getting new episodes, namely Spongebob. But I don't think anything can surpass the monstrosity that is the Annoying Orange cartoon. Why that's still on the air, I can't even.
    I hate Family Guy a lot. It's full of stereotypes, and there's no plot. It's also way too political (it has a strong leftist bias). And the overly long gags? UGH.

SpongeBob can go f*** itself with the huge marathons. I also hate how they reduced Sandy's role in the show and given Mr. Krabs and Plankton way too much focus. (And considering that Pearl and Mrs. Puff hardly ever appear anymore, it's like they're getting rid of all the females on the show.)
    Last edited by zakisrage; 19th September 2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

Blog Entries

El Tigre was another awful Nicktoons series. The jokes were unfunny and the characters were stereotypical. And the animation ain't flash, but it's still awful.

Plus, Regular Show? Ugh, all it's about nowadays is Mordacai kissing Margaret or whatever crap the CN executives are farting out.

And Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is among the most terribly written preschool show out there. Counting to save someone missing? I've given up all hope for preschool shows.

Plus Veggie Tales. Aside from it being religious (I'm agnostic) it also has terrible writing at that and some of the worst voice acting I have heard. The way it is written makes it seem like it was written to turn kids into stormtroopers.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spyspotter View Post
    El Tigre was another awful Nicktoons series. The jokes were unfunny and the characters were stereotypical. And the animation ain't flash, but it's still awful.
    El Tigre was basically Nickelodeon's ripoff of Mucha Lucha, IMO.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 19th September 2013 at 08:03 PM.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast