Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

  1. #31
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    A lot of shows from Canada anymore certainly qualify, not just Johnny Test. Networks gather more Canadian shows since it's cheaper and faster to borrow from them, while managing some of their own like Adventure Time and Steven Universe cost much more to produce. The reason most Canadian animation is hated anymore is because Canadian laws force them to be constantly churned out with very little regard to their actual quality or entertainment value, and due to the fact that the Canadian government is too cheap for traditionally drawn fare, we only get all-CGI cartoons and cartoons made with Adobe Flash. It's very telling that only a few of them made in the last 10 or so years are even remembered, let alone considered decent; the one that comes to most people's minds is Johnny Test, one of the most widely despised cartoons this side of the later Spongebob seasons.

    Probably the last show I watched from Canada was "Packages from Planet X", and it was probably one of the most boring cartoons I have seen in recent years. The characters were bland and forgettable, the animation looked wonky and flat, and the plots were the most cliche cartoon plots you could think of at the top of your head, and even my dad said it looked terrible, to which I agreed with him. I actually think this show could be just as bad as Johnny Test, if not worse.

    While on the subject of Johnny Test, Regularjosh1 on Youtube said in his Top 10 Worst Cartoons video (fast forward to 7:42 for the part about Johnny Test) that he noticed patterns with the episodes, stating that a lot of the episodes involve the characters competing against each other, and always the same characters every time. That pretty much tells you something about the show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Superjail!: Where do I start on this one?

    This is supposed to be part of [adult swim], as in animation and programming aimed at adults. There is nothing even remotely adult about Superjail!. It is violent for the mere sake of being violent and most times a complete incoherent plot-less mess. Quite possibly one of the worst shows [adult swim] has ever aired.

    Sqidbillies: Terrible visuals and worse characters. The only decent character in this pile that is semi-redeemable is Rusty; everyone else is either self-absorbed, annoying or both. And don't get me started on how much I hate Early: if he were to die slowly and painfully in an episode, I would sit back with a bowl of popcorn and enjoy.

    Tom Goes to the Mayor: Barely animated dreck by Tim and Eric (awful job!). This had to be possibly the most disgusting cartoon I have ever seen; it makes Ren and Stimpy look like tasteful high art. None of the jokes were funny and the only good thing about it was the fact that it was over in 15 minutes.

    Now, you'll see a lot of this comes from [adult swim], which is Cartoon Network. There's a reason why a good percentage of CN's shows are awful--they are catering to young boys who buy action figures. Why CN sucks a fat one now was discussed on a Kevin Smith podcast called Fat Man on Batman; it's the second part of his interview with Paul Dini. If you decide to listen to this and you're female, I will warn you: you will develop an intense hatred of CN almost immediately. At least, I did when my hubby played said podcast for me.
    I agree with you on all of those, though it's best to say that almost ALL of Adult Swim's programming is like this, I watched an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force once and I felt like half my brain just died. I feel like their target audience is drug addicts

    I've heard of the Paul Dini interview, and I was surprised when I heard about it; it really is one of the biggest problems I have with CN right now is the fact that most of their programming is boys-only-no-girls-allowed and it's what I feel is killing the network, and a lot of the merchandise-driven shows on CN are so blatantly toyetic it's painful.
    Silverwynde likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  2. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I agree with you on all of those, though it's best to say that almost ALL of Adult Swim's programming is like this, I watched an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force once and I felt like half my brain just died. I feel like their target audience is drug addicts

    I've heard of the Paul Dini interview, and I was surprised when I heard about it; it really is one of the biggest problems I have with CN right now is the fact that most of their programming is boys-only-no-girls-allowed and it's what I feel is killing the network, and a lot of the merchandise-driven shows on CN are so blatantly toyetic it's painful.
    That interview reminds me a lot of Warner Bros. in the 90s - whoever was the head of their tv animation department at the time cancelled many of their best cartoons...because they were attracting adult viewers. As though adults watching automatically implies that kids aren't watching.

    I liked Aqua Teen Hunger Force in its early seasons when it was focused more on surrealism than on just being gross, but any time I've tried watching newer seasons it usually amounts to "let's make everyone die as horribly as possible in every episode". It's a load of "Xtreme" crap just like Adult Swim in general is now. They'd probably show porn if they could get away with it.
    Silverwynde likes this.

  3. #33
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    I think I just found a new cartoon that I hate: Breadwinners, a prime example of what kind of shows TV executives THINK kids want to watch. The show is about two cartoon ducks named SwaySway and Buhdeuce who act hip and cool (another "bro comedy" setup by the way) who drive around the world in a flying food truck delivering break to feed a population of photo-realistic ducks. Basically, the two main characters are like Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show if they were turned up to 11 and Benson was removed from the cast

    There's really nothing positive I can say about this. It's boring, stupid, and WAY too hyperactive for my tastes. The two main characters are extremely annoying and bland, and this is where they get on my nerve is the fact that they are CONSTANTLY moving, they can never stand still for 5 seconds, be it their arms, their butts, or their mouths, to which they can never stay quiet for 5 seconds. To quote the Nostalgia Critic: "It is nothing but NOISE! It's like it's afraid that if it stops being loud and bouncy, it's going to lose the children's attention!"

    The animation looks really cheap in the fact that most of the characters asides from the main two characters are photo-realistic ducks who move from stock pose to stock pose and only quack, and if that is so, then they're going to run out of stories pretty quickly if the two leads are going to be the only talking fully animated talking cartoon ducks (UPDATE: apparently, other characters that are not photo-realistic and can speak do exist, but are rather minor characters). The animation in this factor reminds me a lot of Fish Hooks in the fact that only the main characters are fully animated while everything else is animated in a completely different artstyle that's looks like deranged cut-out animation headfirst into the Uncanny Valley. The "wide-eyed, stupid goofy smile" look for the characters (and cartoons today in general) is quickly becoming as tiresome as the Dreamworks face.

    Oh, and then we have the "humor" of the show, which is mostly juvenile toilet humor such as butt jokes, as this show is OBSESSED with butts. Without any hesitation or regrets, the show will go out of its way to showcase a butt in some form, be it of SwaySway or Buhdeuce (especially Buhdeuce), or a three-butt "Mama Monster" which I find this kind of humor very unfunny and bottom-of-the-barrel.

    I know kids in the 6-11 range may like it, but I just found it completely unwatchable without my head exploding.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 22nd February 2014 at 08:45 PM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  4. #34
    Registered User unsnaggedtea76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    I have to agree that Breadwinners in annoying (despite having not watched it). The commercials just make it look stupid and very time one come on, I try and mute it.

    Plus, I do have to agree that most of the cartoons today just aren't that interesting (I can, in my opinion, name few that have actually been good that last few years).
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

  5. #35
    Registered User snowlioness87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Not Alabama :(
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Anything made by John Kricfalusi and Seth Macfarlane. I would hate to give them views on anything new they create because 1.) a majority of their shows, past and current, suck (I hate Ren and Stimpy and Family Guy) and 2.) they are terrible people who can be summed up as the world's biggest manbabies (especially John K! Good lord!). The cartoons they create really show their maturity levels, or lack of. I don't think those two have made a single show that I liked. Trey Parker and Matt Stone would qualify, but they have actually made stuff that me laugh so I'll give them a pass. I'll list John and Seth's worst two offenders due to their popularity. The problem I have with Ren and Stimpy is the outrageous gross-out humor. I cannot believe that show was really popular with people of my generation! That show is proof positive that the 90s had a lot of junk and wasn't all that great of an era when it came to television. I remember watching Family Guy's "prototype" Larry and Steve, and I didn't find it all that funny then, either, even as a child. Seth is really obsessed with talking animals because he has to have them in every show he has. O.o Now the damn shows relies on crappy pop culture references and shock humor to be edgy with the non-politically correct crowd.

    Mike Judge made one show that I liked (King of the Hill), and that is saying something because I usually don't like anything he has ever made, but King of the Hill watches like a show that actually had heart. Beavis and Butthead... not so much (I hate that show, too). As for kids cartoons with actual "morals", I was never really a fan of anything done by Klasky Csupo. The art style on their shows never really appealed to me. Watching Nick's Doug again was just painful. Bad enough it felt like being in 6th grade all over again, watching an awkward kid struggle with bullies and unsympathetic people all around you is just depressing.
    Last edited by snowlioness87; 2nd March 2014 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Re-wording
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Pokemon X EV-trained team:

    Electabuzz, Charizard, Lapras, Steelix, Pyroar, Pangoro

  6. #36
    Red's Alcolyte Gottacatchemall45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In White Forest, hunting for shinys
    Posts
    38
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Yugioh Zexal: I wasted too much money on the cards as a kid
    I wanna be the Very best, like no one eva WASSSSS!

    Yeah BOOYYYYYYYYYY!

  7. #37
    Requiem Raver Drakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aboard the Hikokyu II
    Posts
    2,270
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowlioness87 View Post
    The problem I have with Ren and Stimpy is the outrageous gross-out humor
    Tell me about it. Ugh. I swear, it's like the writers don't know shit (pun intended) about actual humor and just substituted by trying to be as disgusting as possible. Yes, I'm not so stuck up that toilet humor ain't funny but come on, once or twice is enough!

    Also, Family Guy. The Star Wars parodies and Peter vs. Chicken fights were awesome but most of the episodes were kind of forgettable. Not to mention, I kind of found the characters unlikable.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

    Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

    Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

  8. #38
    A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    602
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowlioness87 View Post
    The problem I have with Ren and Stimpy is the outrageous gross-out humor
    My parents never let me watch that, and frankly, I'm glad I didn't.

    I saw one episode on Netflix (back before some trouble ended up with all Nick shows being removed), and I thought "Why the hell did kids find this funny?". I suppose most of the reason I didn't see it was because I tended to have a pretty sensitive stomach on visuals.

    Also, Robot Jones. The animation is Arceus-awful. And most of the time, the bad guy gets away. A lot. I'm glad the controversy over the voice replacement (due to copyright threats from Apple) got it canned.

  9. #39
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by PikachuColoredPichu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snowlioness87 View Post
    The problem I have with Ren and Stimpy is the outrageous gross-out humor
    My parents never let me watch that, and frankly, I'm glad I didn't.

    I saw one episode on Netflix (back before some trouble ended up with all Nick shows being removed), and I thought "Why the hell did kids find this funny?". I suppose most of the reason I didn't see it was because I tended to have a pretty sensitive stomach on visuals.

    Also, Robot Jones. The animation is Arceus-awful. And most of the time, the bad guy gets away. A lot. I'm glad the controversy over the voice replacement (due to copyright threats from Apple) got it canned.
    I agree with you guys on Ren and Stimpy, my parents banned me from watching it as a kid, and when I finally saw it on Youtube when I was much older, I could understand why my parents banned it. I have a pretty weak stomach and can be grossed out by virtually anything, with certain things grossing me out more than others (body fluids and functions most especially). I can't even watch 5 minutes of the show without going to the bathroom soon after. But trust me, you haven't seen the Adult Party Cartoon, which I watched TV Trash's review of it, and it has to be one of the most disgusting and mean spirited shows I have ever seen, right up there with Allen Gregory, and even fans of Ren and Stimpy hate it.

    Oh, and that's what happened with Robot Jones' voice was because of copyright threats from Apple? I did not know that, especially since I thought most text-to-speech programs like Speakonia were public domain, but then again, Robot Jones was cancelled before Youtube went online, so things may be different now.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  10. #40
    A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    602
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PikachuColoredPichu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snowlioness87 View Post
    The problem I have with Ren and Stimpy is the outrageous gross-out humor
    My parents never let me watch that, and frankly, I'm glad I didn't.

    I saw one episode on Netflix (back before some trouble ended up with all Nick shows being removed), and I thought "Why the hell did kids find this funny?". I suppose most of the reason I didn't see it was because I tended to have a pretty sensitive stomach on visuals.

    Also, Robot Jones. The animation is Arceus-awful. And most of the time, the bad guy gets away. A lot. I'm glad the controversy over the voice replacement (due to copyright threats from Apple) got it canned.
    I agree with you guys on Ren and Stimpy, my parents banned me from watching it as a kid, and when I finally saw it on Youtube when I was much older, I could understand why my parents banned it. I have a pretty weak stomach and can be grossed out by virtually anything, with certain things grossing me out more than others (body fluids and functions most especially). I can't even watch 5 minutes of the show without going to the bathroom soon after. But trust me, you haven't seen the Adult Party Cartoon, which I watched TV Trash's review of it, and it has to be one of the most disgusting and mean spirited shows I have ever seen, right up there with Allen Gregory, and even fans of Ren and Stimpy hate it.

    Oh, and that's what happened with Robot Jones' voice was because of copyright threats from Apple? I did not know that, especially since I thought most text-to-speech programs like Speakonia were public domain, but then again, Robot Jones was cancelled before Youtube went online, so things may be different now.
    I've not seen APC, but I heard that Billy West (who voiced Stimpy) was absolutely disgusted by the content, that he refused to reprise his role for that series.

  11. #41
    samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Posts
    4,545
    Blog Entries
    9
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    I never got massively into Ren and Stimpy (it amused me in places, but I'm not a devotee), and I can understand why it isn't to everybody's taste, but there's no denying that it was a very innovative and influential cartoon within its time. The fact that every other cartoon in the 90s seemed to be a variation on it in some form or another speaks volumes on that point. Without Ren and Stimpy, I doubt that we'd have shows like Rocko's Modern Life (which could be every bit as gross and nasty) and The Angry Beavers, so I have to credit it for that.

  12. #42
    Requiem Raver Drakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Aboard the Hikokyu II
    Posts
    2,270
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Ultimate Spiderman

    The fourth-wall busting gags are terrible and I honestly think the jokes are dumb. Seriously, it's like a Marvel crack fic...done badly.

    ----------

    Loonatics Unleashed

    I admit, the gritty cyberpunk-esque Batman Beyond art style is awesome but the voice acting ruins the show. The superheroes are based on classic Looney Toons – and the voices sound like shitty impersonations. Honestly, the only characters whose voices I like were Rev Runner and Tech E. Coyote – and the villains.

    The music isn't all that great either. Mostly generic instrumental or electronic – even for the action scenes.

    The saving grace for me was the Season 1 intro and the rather well done animation...and the fact that I love cyberpunk asthetics.

    As for the Season 1 intro, it was very "cyberpunk" in terms of appearance and had a kickass electronic-choral hybrid soundtrack. The Season 2 intro had a terrible music and this childish sounding narrator.

    ---------

    Captain Planet

    I'm all for saving the environment, but holy shit, this cartoon was so self-righteous and obnoxious with its message. The villains were also horrible cardboard cutouts.

    And the environmental lessons in it are about as subtle as an atomic test impact event.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

    Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

    Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

  13. #43
    Skodwarde's Slave zakisrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    392
    Blog Entries
    89

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Family Guy: It's not funny, it's racist, it's got too many meaningless pop culture references, and the cutaway gags drag on forever.
    Cow and Chicken: It's too gross, plus the voices were obnoxious.
    MLP: Newborn Cuties: I watched this shit on YouTube. It's so babyish, insipid, and girly. I watch plenty of girly shows, but this one was a little too girly.
    SpongeBob (recent episodes): Won't this show just DIE yet?
    Thomas and Friends: I always hated this show even when I was little. I was never really into talking vehicles. I never had any Thomas trains - I was fine with the wooden trains my grandfather gave me. The voice acting is also awful.
    Caillou: The little bald kid who does nothing but whine and throw tantrums.
    Dora the Explorer: This show is the reason why kids' TV shows suck these days. The whole rote repetition and over-marketing is just awful. Plus they won't pull the plug on it.
    Bro'Town: This was mentioned on the original topic. I've watched this show and it's seriously bad and didn't make me laugh.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

  14. #44
    Depraved Pervert Pokelova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    689
    Trophies

    Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    Bro'Town: This was mentioned on the original topic. I've watched this show and it's seriously bad and didn't make me laugh.
    To be fair, the humour is very much directed towards New Zealanders. That said, I don't like it either, but I've never been a big fan of New Zealand culture anyway.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

  15. #45
    Skodwarde's Slave zakisrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    392
    Blog Entries
    89

    Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    Bro'Town: This was mentioned on the original topic. I've watched this show and it's seriously bad and didn't make me laugh.
    To be fair, the humour is very much directed towards New Zealanders. That said, I don't like it either, but I've never been a big fan of New Zealand culture anyway.
    I live in Australia. Our media is the same way - it sucks. Most of the non-anime shows I watch are American.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •