Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Default Re: Worst Cartoon You've Ever Seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    This brings me to Family Guy's most obvious, jarring, flow-destroying flaw... the cut-away gags. Don't even get me started. That's it. I dislike Family Guy for the reasons listed above as well as this elephant in the room. I'll let the elephant speak for itself.
    So would you list the episode "Brian & Stewie" as one of your favourites? It is the only episode with no cut-away gags. It's my personal favourite, not just because of the lack of cut-away gags, but also because I love the relationship between Brian and Stewie, it's the best part about the show.
    Last edited by Dolce; 10th December 2013 at 12:54 PM.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Uncle Grampa. I watched an episode of it a week ago and my head still hurts from such extreme stupidity. I thought nothing on CN could be worse than shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, Chowder, The Amazing Misadventures of Flapjack, and Almost Naked Animals, but apparently I was wrong.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    This brings me to Family Guy's most obvious, jarring, flow-destroying flaw... the cut-away gags. Don't even get me started. That's it. I dislike Family Guy for the reasons listed above as well as this elephant in the room. I'll let the elephant speak for itself.
    So would you list the episode "Brian & Stewie" as one of your favourites? It is the only episode with no cut-away gags. It's my personal favourite, not just because of the lack of cut-away gags, but also because I love the relationship between Brian and Stewie, it's the best part about the show.
    I haven't seen that episode, sorry. :S I guess I could watch it. Later. When I feel like it. Maybe.

Not the worst but Wild Grinders is really bad. I have an IQ of about 140 but I still can't make any sense of the plots.
    Stuffy Pete likes this.

Pokemon Lover

Guess it's my turn to clarify my points in the earlier thread.

Reasons I don't like the Total Drama series:
    There's the fact that it's a cartoon based on a reality TV show, for one. That just makes no sense, but in itself, the idea would have been interesting. However, the host, Chris, is an absolutely horrible person as a character, seeming to enjoy tormenting all the contestants. The contestants themselves, meanwhile, are shallow, bland travasties of characters that basically represent the stereotypical contestants on reality shows like "Survivor". To make matters worse, these pathetic excuses for characters were brought back for two sequel series, to be further tortured by the unpleasant Chris whose voice became irritating to listen to. In short, it was a sad excuse of a show and I will be happy if I never have to see it again.
    Stuffy Pete likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

I'm doing it... Arceus help me, I'm going to say it. You know what I'm going to say...

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Now, before you start throwing full wine bottles at your computer screen, I'm only going to talk about the show itself, not the other aspect the people love to bash.

So, my friends came to me and told me about this cartoon show. They said "Dude, it's different, you have to watch it!" assuring me it was worth it. So I caved. I watched it; two episodes to be exact. Long story short, it wasn't worth it. Not by a long shot.

My first complaint is that the show is predictable. Painfully so. Within the first thirty seconds of both episodes I watched, I immediately knew what was going to happen, how it was going to play out, and how it was going to be resolved. I even knew what the cliche "moral of the story" bit was going to say. I mean, don't get me wrong, I understand it's hard to come up with something truly original. In the decades of cartoon shows, it's hard to imagine a plot-point that hasn't been done to death. But this show doesn't even attempt to be original. It's the same recycled points from 15 years ago, and I've seen them all already.

In addition to the plots being predictable, the characters are equally so. The characters might as well be replaced with actual cardboard they're so stock. Among the characters, we have: the bookworm (Twilight), the tomboy (Rainbow), the emotional one (Fluttershy), the fashionable one (Rarity), the country farmer (Applejack), the bubbly-hyper one (Pinkie), and the comic relief (Spike). No attempt is made to make these characters unique or special. As a result, they're bland, predictable, and just plain boring to watch.

From what I've seen, the show is nothing but a lackluster attempt to rake in money by selling more toys with a resurrected franchise. Well, I suppose they were highly successful in that regard. Hasbro's probably swimming in money Scrooge McDuck style. I'll never understand why this show is so popular. It's the same rehashed cash-in cartoon series I've seen over and over, and it's just painful to watch. :/
    Last edited by GastonGibus; 10th January 2014 at 09:34 PM.
    Stuffy Pete likes this.
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by GastlyGibus View Post
    So I caved. I watched it; two episodes to be exact. Long story short, it wasn't worth it. Not by a long shot.
    Which episodes did you watch? I assume it was the first two? There are far better episodes than those.

In addition to the plots being predictable, the characters are equally so. The characters might as well be replaced with actual cardboard they're so stock. Among the characters, we have: the bookworm (Twilight), the tomboy (Rainbow), the emotional one (Fluttershy), the fashionable one (Rarity), the country farmer (Applejack), the bubbly-hyper one (Pinkie), and the comic relief (Spike). No attempt is made to make these characters unique or special. As a result, they're bland, predictable, and just plain boring to watch.
    They're a bit more than just those standard character traits. There's also the Elements of Harmony that they represent. Applejack's element is honesty, Rainbow Dash's is loyalty, Rarity's is generosity, Pinkie Pie's is laughter, Twilight's is magic, and Fluttershy's is kindness. What's fun is seeing those elements get inverted in the season 2 premiere "The Return of Harmony". Applejack lies about everything, Rainbow Dash ditches them, Rarity is selfish, Pinkie Pie is a total drag, and Fluttershy is a massive bitch, earning her the fan-name Flutterbitch.
    Seriously, if you want good to see how good MLP can be, watch The Return of Harmony Parts 1 and 2.

From what I've seen, the show is nothing but a lackluster attempt to rake in money by selling more toys with a resurrected franchise. Well, I suppose they were highly successful in that regard. Hasbro's probably swimming in money Scrooge McDuck style.
    You're definitely right about that, unfortunately. Many directions they've taken story-wise have been due to Hasbro telling the writers that they want more toys to sell. Twilight getting her wings, Equestria Girls, probably Power Ponies too.

I'll never understand why this show is so popular.
    I agree. It's a fun little cartoon, but it really isn't anything special. The fact that it has such a huge fandom is insane. But you know, people like what they like. It's no use trying to stop them.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Steak have a pillory. pokefan548's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit pokefan548's Youtube Channel

Basically everything on cartoon network in the last 3 years. That station has gone to the dogs lately.
    Stuffy Pete likes this.

CLICK ME!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    (pokefan548 is) The Magical Point-Giver of Littleroot Town.

Registered User Angelic Gardevoir's Avatar

Follow Angelic Gardevoir on Tumblr

Since Ren & Stimpy was mentioned ...I'm going to admit that I liked it as a kid. For some indescribable reason. So when I saw some VHS tapes at a flea market, I got a couple. I watched them, wondering why the hell I watched this show. It relies too much on gross out humor that isn't even that funny. Still, I do have some fondness for POWDERED TOAST MAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!! And Log. From Blam-O. *jingle plays*

Still, I think one Nicktoon that is worse than Ren & Stimpy is The Xs. The humor was just...well, it is a staple to have stupid characters be the focal point of humor. Yet if you focus too much on stupidity or have all your characters become stupid, it just stops being funny. It goes from "LOL this guy is such an idiot!" to "*facepalm* Why is this guy such an idiot?" That is why post-movie SpongeBob has gotten worse. Yet with The Xs, nearly every character was stupid...other than maybe the daughter (Tuesday?) and Home Base. They literally could not function outside being spies. I guess the humor was supposed to come from the fact that they do not live normal lives, but going to the point where they do not understand the most basic, common-sense things? It just...fell really flat.

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

I should probably elaborate on why I dislike Family Guy.

I was going to mention Family Guy and why I dislike it, but this is pretty much spot on for me as well. The cut-away gags are the worst thing for me. It's like the show's creators think I'm a moron and have to explain to me why that joke they just told was so funny. Pro-tip: the joke wasn't funny the first time; visualizing it isn't going to make it any better.
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic Gardevoir View Post
    Since Ren & Stimpy was mentioned ...I'm going to admit that I liked it as a kid. For some indescribable reason. So when I saw some VHS tapes at a flea market, I got a couple. I watched them, wondering why the hell I watched this show. It relies too much on gross out humor that isn't even that funny. Still, I do have some fondness for POWDERED TOAST MAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!! And Log. From Blam-O. *jingle plays*

Still, I think one Nicktoon that is worse than Ren & Stimpy is The Xs. The humor was just...well, it is a staple to have stupid characters be the focal point of humor. Yet if you focus too much on stupidity or have all your characters become stupid, it just stops being funny. It goes from "LOL this guy is such an idiot!" to "*facepalm* Why is this guy such an idiot?" That is why post-movie SpongeBob has gotten worse. Yet with The Xs, nearly every character was stupid...other than maybe the daughter (Tuesday?) and Home Base. They literally could not function outside being spies. I guess the humor was supposed to come from the fact that they do not live normal lives, but going to the point where they do not understand the most basic, common-sense things? It just...fell really flat.
    I never was a fan of Ren and Stimpy, it was just too gross for my tastes, but its grossness is TAME in comparison to Mega Babies, the most disgusting kids show I have ever seen, it was about a trio of superpowered infants who fought crime with assistance from a nurse. The character designs were hideous, the theme song (an annoying, warped version of "Rock-a-bye Baby") was grating, and there were a LOT of gross-out jokes. I'd link a video clip but it would be hard to do so without having to run to the bathroom 10 seconds later, and I am trying to wipe this show from my memory as much as possible, I'll take Rugrats any day over Mega Babies. Did I forget to mention this show was created by Christian and Yvon Tremblay (yes, the same guys who made SWAT Kats), because I feel this is a very critical fact about this thing...

While on the subject of Ren and Stimpy, check out the "Adult Party Cartoon" version, better yet, DON'T. Now the original show did have a small adult demographic, but this version of the show is one of the most despised versions among fans, showing the black comedy and vulgar humor of this cartoon turned up to eleven, complete with swearing and sex jokes, to the point that many find the "jokes" in it as completely disturbing. In fact, John Kricfalusi (the creator of Ren and Stimpy) was forced by Spike TV to make the show as crude and raunchy as possible as a way of competing with South Park, showing that even he didn't like it. The first episode alone turns Ren and Stimpy from simply being sexually ambiguous to a homosexual couple, altering their dynamic dramatically, and then they turn Ren into one of the most unlikable characters in cartoon history, turning him from simply a lovable jerk to a completely violent and abusive monster. If you're a fan of Ren and Stimpy or not, just do your best to pretend that the "Adult Party Cartoon" does not exist.

I do remember The X's, and I can see why it got cancelled quickly as well as why I don't see many people talk about it...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Registered User Angelic Gardevoir's Avatar

Follow Angelic Gardevoir on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    While on the subject of Ren and Stimpy, check out the "Adult Party Cartoon" version, better yet, DON'T. Now the original show did have a small adult demographic, but this version of the show is one of the most despised versions among fans, showing the black comedy and vulgar humor of this cartoon turned up to eleven, complete with swearing and sex jokes, to the point that many find the "jokes" in it as completely disturbing. In fact, John Kricfalusi (the creator of Ren and Stimpy) was forced by Spike TV to make the show as crude and raunchy as possible as a way of competing with South Park, showing that even he didn't like it. The first episode alone turns Ren and Stimpy from simply being sexually ambiguous to a homosexual couple, altering their dynamic dramatically, and then they turn Ren into one of the most unlikable characters in cartoon history, turning him from simply a lovable jerk to a completely violent and abusive monster. If you're a fan of Ren and Stimpy or not, just do your best to pretend that the "Adult Party Cartoon" does not exist.
    I have heard of that version and I would really rather not...

I am also Steve Smith! Toxsa Dalton's Avatar

Worst Cartoon? Robot Chicken, Aqua TV Show Show and its predecessors, Grossology, Ren and Stimpy, Magic School Bus, Sanjay and Craig, Wild Grinderz, My Dad The Rockstar, Total Drama seasons 1-3, Sonic Underground, Kid vs. Kat, Camp Lakebottom, and SheZow.
    Pokelova and Stuffy Pete like this.

Blog Entries

Superjail!: Where do I start on this one?

This is supposed to be part of [adult swim], as in animation and programming aimed at adults. There is nothing even remotely adult about Superjail!. It is violent for the mere sake of being violent and most times a complete incoherent plot-less mess. Quite possibly one of the worst shows [adult swim] has ever aired.

Sqidbillies: Terrible visuals and worse characters. The only decent character in this pile that is semi-redeemable is Rusty; everyone else is either self-absorbed, annoying or both. And don't get me started on how much I hate Early: if he were to die slowly and painfully in an episode, I would sit back with a bowl of popcorn and enjoy.

Tom Goes to the Mayor: Barely animated dreck by Tim and Eric (awful job!). This had to be possibly the most disgusting cartoon I have ever seen; it makes Ren and Stimpy look like tasteful high art. None of the jokes were funny and the only good thing about it was the fact that it was over in 15 minutes.

Now, you'll see a lot of this comes from [adult swim], which is Cartoon Network. There's a reason why a good percentage of CN's shows are awful--they are catering to young boys who buy action figures. Why CN sucks a fat one now was discussed on a Kevin Smith podcast called Fat Man on Batman; it's the second part of his interview with Paul Dini. If you decide to listen to this and you're female, I will warn you: you will develop an intense hatred of CN almost immediately. At least, I did when my hubby played said podcast for me.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Here's a long big list.

Thomas And Friends (aka Thomas The Tank Engine in CGI): Because they replaced the theme with a fucking choir singing shit. And worse, they put the extended theme (with the choir) as filler at the end of that episode's story. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

King of the Hill: It's not funny watching a realistic looking Texan family on TV.

The Amazing World of Gumball: IT'S ALWAYS ON. AND IT FUCKING MADE FROM CRACK.

SpongeBob: IT WON'T STAY DEAD.

And last and defintiely LEAST...oh and Bronies, I am sorry.

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC.

Why? It's poison! And why do men watch it? I dunno! It just sucks! I'm sorry fellow Bronies, but I hate this show more than I hate everything before this.
    My Running Gags:
    -Showing that I hate Eevee and co.

-My wacky thoughts expressed in big/small font

-The mentioning of Canadian 'adult model' Bryci

-Puns and Jokes that no-one will guess

-My bets (that I actually never bet on, ironicaly)

-And everything else I do that is funny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast