When people jump the shark

Thread: When people jump the shark

Blog Entries

Question When people jump the shark

Has a movie, music video, song, TV show, etc. ever made you like a famous person you like less than you did before?

For example, say you liked this celebrity named Ben Dover (I'm just making him up). Say, you thought he made good movies. But then he made a really bad movie and then you didn't like him as much. Has this ever happened?

I'm going to exclude stuff in the tabloids. This is for actual projects.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: When people jump the shark

I used to like Adam Sandler's movies, like Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore.

But ever since he started making those really crap movies *cough cough Jack and Jill cough cough*, I just really couldn't care less when I hear he has something new coming out.

Shia Labeouf. He was okay in Even Stevens. But ever since Michael Bay's transgressions, I have no respect for him or any of the actors involved in those films, bar Peter Cullen and Hugo Weaving.

Blog Entries

While I still like her old music, Madonna is arguably one of the most guilty. In the past decade, she seems to have turned into a snobbish, pretentious diva whose mere name is synonymous with over-the-top sexuality (which I find to be ironic, since "Madonna" is the main Italian title for the Virgin Mary - comparing the two is like comparing paper to a chainsaw). Granted she was always all about sex, but the fact that she's still dressing like pop singers half her age is ridiculous. I admit she still shows reasonable behaviour occasionally, such as her support for the LGBT community (how could she not if a large portion of her fanbase is gay men?). But Madonna is not afraid to be controversial, and seems to have a few major controversies a year. What nearly pushed me over the edge was her recent concert where she used Nazi symbols. I was horrified and couldn't believe how pathetic she has become. So you can say that I want the old Madonna back. At least her fake British accent is gone, though...