What's your guilty pleasure? - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What's your guilty pleasure?

EV trainer beginner LucarioBlade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's your guilty pleasure?

I'm a 90's geek. Let's face it. We all liked 1990's tv shows back then. Also, I'm a brony.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

I thought guilty pleasure meant what do you do that makes you guilty because you're not allowed to do it but it gives you pleasure so you do it and I was gonna put: "I like eating candy that I'm not allowed to eat because of my braces (but I don't do it often)" but I guess I was wrong, because after reading a few posts I realized no one posted stuff like that...so I guess my guilty pleasure is...

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

I'll sometimes watch Charlie and Lola because of how adorable it is. My sister makes fun of me for it, but meh.

Blog Entries

iCarly.

Though I know in my heart and soul that this show is bad, cliche and unfunny, I still kind of enjoy it. Sometimes I even chuckle. I don't know why.

Such poor taste. And I hate myself a bit for it, LOL.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

- This isn't much of a guilty pleasure for me, but I like some stuff for little kids like music, TV shows, board games (anyone know Max The Cat?), and movies. Characters in movies for teenagers and adults just don't give me the connection I feel with the characters in children's movies. The good kids' movies also have exciting plots that focus on actual issues faced in the world, whereas teen/adult movies often have plots about petty problems or problems that no one can relate to.

- A bigger one is jamming like a maniac to Mindless Self Indulgence. I'm not trying to insult the band, it's just that all but one of their songs are ones I'd be horrified if my mom ever heard. Hopefully, she'll never even read the titles of any of their songs or albums. I also get really hyper and go insane when I listen to their songs. I usually end up spazzing-out, lip-syncing, and acting like a psycho.

- I guess Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal is, too, since most people seem to insist that it sucks. I thought so at first, but once I gave it a real chance I got really into the story.

- Maybe South Park would count since it's pretty obscene and offensive. No, Mom cover your eyes!

- I'm adding so much to this list, but listening to pop is one. I listen to mostly metal, with some rock and other stuff, but I occasionally listen to some of the less annoying stuff. I'm ashamed to live.

- Oh yeah, and a very guilty pleasure would be looking at cute chibi pictures. I hope an English version of D-Team is released!

Ugh, even Astral is adorable. How is this possible?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d_team_chapter_8.png  
    Last edited by Niji; 17th January 2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Continent Turtle likes this.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Oh man, another big one:

All the old Humongous games (Pajama Sam, Putt Putt, Freddi Fish, Spy Fox...). Loved 'em as a kid, still enjoy 'em now.

K-Pop! A lot of people don't know that I just can't enough of it.
    Kaori and Dolce like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    Okay, let's not pretend that none of us have ever been charmed as we caught the end of that one mysteriously tolerable kids' show as we left, or heard that catchy song on the radio we wish we didn't like! Here we can talk about all of the guilty pleasures we've had, closeted or proudly shouted about to a few select people only of course, be they on the big or small screen, your mp3 player or the book in your hands this second. You won't be judged here!

Let's get the ball rolling; I personally have to admit to being quite fond of The Octonauts, a children's show about an anthropomorphised crew in an undersea base and their experiences meeting different animals that exist in real life. I once caught an episode in which they met a Welsh cuttlefish and was immediately bemused and charmed (how do they come up with this stuff?!). I don't know what it is about that show, but it really makes me giggle.

So, does anybody else have any guilty pleasures from the world of entertainment to share?
    I know that feel, bro.

Also, Ouran High School Host Club. Watched the whole series and desperately love it. Don't judge...

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

I still read fandomsecrets even though I've grown to dislike and be tired of (for personal reasons) Livejournal. (even though it's on Dreamwidth now? whatever, I don't use my account there either)

Going on [insert art site here] and looking at drawings of people pairing up their OCs with canon characters.

Blog Entries
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Jabber Claus View Post
    Oh man, another big one:

All the old Humongous games (Pajama Sam, Putt Putt, Freddi Fish, Spy Fox...). Loved 'em as a kid, still enjoy 'em now.
    I loved those :D Spy Fox and the Backyard Sports series were my childhood. I'd still play them now if we hadn't given them away/lost them.

Nowadays, The Gears of War series is a guilty pleasure of mine, as well as my brother and cousins. We system link and play it together all the time. Sure, it has an inane plot, absolutely ludicrous amounts of gore, weapons that defy the laws of physics and concepts of engineering, and may as well be called "DESTROY," but by golly, it's a fun game.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Humongous Games is a guilty pleasure for me as well, ESPECIALLY Putt-Putt. I used to play them as a kid and they just kind of stuck, you know? I also love Freddi Fish, hehe.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Yaoi content. Need to say more?

My parents are probably going to disown me if they ever found the stack of doujinshis in my drawer...XDD

Blog Entries

Follow FallenIdol_453 on Tumblr

TV Tropes is one for me. It's fun to browse that site when I can't get sleep or I'm bored.
    Continent Turtle likes this.
    Platinum Friend Code: 4428-0341-9435

SoulSilver Friend Code: 2709-9984-3194

Black Friend Code: 4428-2129-6693

Black 2 Friend Code: 5244-0942-6506

I always root for the ships that don't get a lot of love.

Silver Salmon Ranger The Blastoise's Avatar
    In Canalave City, bording a ship to Iron Island
    Blog Entries
    Follow The Blastoise On Twitter
    Follow The Blastoise on Tumblr Visit The Blastoise's Youtube Channel

I have a couple guilty pleasures that I am actually vocal about. One is the film "Child's Play." I know the plot is absolutely stupid and makes no sense at times, but I love it.

The other is the fact that I am a big fan of Power Rangers. I don't even care what people think about that. I realize that most of the series is incredibly cheesy, but it has a kind of charm to it (except Samurai). Then there are seasons like Time Force and RPM that are just genuinely good.
    The Blastoise is strong.

Link's Island my Webcomic about Legend of Zelda characters trapped on an island.

http://linksisland.smackjeeves.com/

I don't care about what people think. I am a Power Rangers fan, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Is that So? Lo? Sis? Steel_Justice's Avatar

I love and still play old games that are like 2D with 8-16 bit music and sprites my favorites being final fantasy 6 and tactics which I play through once a year. I also collect 8-bit remixes of popular video game tracks and listen to them a lot.

I also like old movies and tv shows. Despite the special effects failure and overall cheesiness of things like the old Kamen Rider and old horror and Godzilla movies I still find them very enjoyable. I'm also a hude 90's cartoon fan watching old shows like spider-man or x-men on youtube.

I also adore My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. Never miss an episode on stream and rewatch my favorites a lot while gushing how cute the mane cast and their families are.

Screw the rules I have a Mudkip Motorcycle!
    3DS Name: Kyle
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4828-5602-4809
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Flying type: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast