What's your guilty pleasure?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What's your guilty pleasure?

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Cool What's your guilty pleasure?

Okay, let's not pretend that none of us have ever been charmed as we caught the end of that one mysteriously tolerable kids' show as we left, or heard that catchy song on the radio we wish we didn't like! Here we can talk about all of the guilty pleasures we've had, closeted or proudly shouted about to a few select people only of course, be they on the big or small screen, your mp3 player or the book in your hands this second. You won't be judged here!

Let's get the ball rolling; I personally have to admit to being quite fond of The Octonauts, a children's show about an anthropomorphised crew in an undersea base and their experiences meeting different animals that exist in real life. I once caught an episode in which they met a Welsh cuttlefish and was immediately bemused and charmed (how do they come up with this stuff?!). I don't know what it is about that show, but it really makes me giggle.

So, does anybody else have any guilty pleasures from the world of entertainment to share?

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's your guilty pleasure?

I quite enjoy the odd episode of Little Bill or Blue's Clues, I like the colours. I also like some pop songs every now and then, I dig Carly Rae Jepsen, for example.
    maglev is invisible

Add Okamidna on Facebook
    Follow Okamidna on Tumblr

I find the song the Cat in the Hat sings to be ridiculously catch and brilliant, and hum it constantly, much to my sisters irritation~
    Kaori likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I really enjoy 70's disco like ABBA more than I should. Also, sort of poppy techno songs (like Owl City) I enjoy, when I probably shouldn't.

I like MLP and Gravity Falls, but I doubt either of those are guilty pleasures.

Gardevoir Enthusiast Okami Takahashi's Avatar
    Follow Okami Takahashi On Twitter
    Follow Okami Takahashi on Tumblr

Guilty pleasure? Well since everyone seems to be bringing up kids' shows...

In my spare time I research locomotives; my fascination came from watching Thomas and Shining Time Station as a kid.

Turns out there's a whole older demographic who do research on both the series and real locomotives so that makes me part of it.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Listening to Limp Bizkit.

They're a crude, crass, classless mish-mash of hip-hop and metal with shallow lyrics and an awful frontman, but every once in a while, this repulsive little spider-like being in the back of my head pokes at my frontal lobe and whispers "Listen to Limp Bizkit."
    Kaori and Girly Princess like this.

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

Guilty pleasure...

I watch chick flicks. Not really guy-like and I don't watch Twilight and stuff, Twilight is for hormone craving crazy tweens, but things like Love Actually, or Moulin Rouge, Mamma Mia, Chicago, Mean Girls, etc arefun to watch at least to me. I don't know if this is a chick flick, but I also like Casanova with Heath Ledger.
    Hedface likes this.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Blog Entries

Oh man, ABBA... yeah I've been known to do karaoke to their songs from time to time.

And that's my main guilty pleasure, singing pop songs loudly when I'm home alone. I don't sing in the shower, that's not secret enough. Also from the episode or two I've seen of Handy Manny I can say that I wouldn't mind watching it. Or Golden Girls, or The Nanny... any sitcom really.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
    I really enjoy 70's disco like ABBA more than I should.
    As I grow older and moving away from brutal hardcore metal, I find myself digging pop music, like ABBA more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Listening to Limp Bizkit.
    Having a mental illness isn't a guilty pleasure :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Safe For Adults View Post
    Oh man, ABBA... yeah I've been known to do karaoke to their songs from time to time.

And that's my main guilty pleasure, singing pop songs loudly when I'm home alone. I don't sing in the shower, that's not secret enough. Also from the episode or two I've seen of Handy Manny I can say that I wouldn't mind watching it. Or Golden Girls, or The Nanny... any sitcom really.
    More ABBA love haha. Now I don't particularly like Handy Manny, but Dora is pretty great. I like it when she turns to the viewers and is like "Yo, you guys see that weasel anywhere?" I like the interaction xD
    maglev is invisible

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Pfffffft, that shouldn't be a guilty pleasure. I'm very upfront and unapologetic about my intense love of disco (not so much ABBA, though - most hardcore disco fanatics will groan if you cite ABBA as the pinnacle of the genre. That goes double for the Bee Gees).

As for what is a genuine guilty pleasure for me...I still enjoy reading books from the Babysitters Club series from time to time. Deep literature it ain't, but it gives me a pretty sweet nostalgic kick, and it's entertaining too. :p

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Pfffffft, that shouldn't be a guilty pleasure. I'm very upfront and unapologetic about my intense love of disco (not so much ABBA, though - most hardcore disco fanatics will groan if you cite ABBA as the pinnacle of the genre. That goes double for the Bee Gees).

As for what is a genuine guilty pleasure for me...I still enjoy reading books from the Babysitters Club series from time to time. Deep literature it ain't, but it gives me a pretty sweet nostalgic kick, and it's entertaining too. :p
    Well, that's half the reason for citing it as a guilty pleasure -- not only is it 70's disco, but it's shitty70's disco (I did say "like ABBA"). :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post

Well, that's half the reason for citing it as a guilty pleasure -- not only is it 70's disco, but it's shitty70's disco (I did say "like ABBA"). :P
    I prefer my disco Italo style, Giorgio Moroder, Donna Summer and the like. Don't mind a bit of the cheesier side of disco, I do dig some Bee Gees now and again. Nothing wrong with the poppier side of music.

Speaking of which, I do love Rihanna now and then. Mostly singles, but whatevs
    Last edited by maglev; 23rd October 2012 at 10:12 AM.
    maglev is invisible

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

There is nothing wrong with ABBA.
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU?

Anyway my no. 1 guilty pleasure song is "S&M" by Rihanna. Don't ask me why.
    Kaori and Dolce like this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Love it xD But do I let IRL people know that? Aw hell naw, I'm too manly for this xD
    maglev is invisible

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    I quite enjoy the odd episode of Little Bill or Blue's Clues, I like the colours. I also like some pop songs every now and then, I dig Carly Rae Jepsen, for example.
    Blue's Clues! That show featured heavily in my childhood. I could still watch the older episodes now, though I didn't like it when I saw it recently.

I really enjoy 70's disco like ABBA more than I should. Also, sort of poppy techno songs (like Owl City) I enjoy, when I probably shouldn't.
    Amen. ABBA was a big part of my musical childhood, I'm still a sucker for it, alongside Owl City's songs and similar stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Okami Takahashi View Post
    In my spare time I research locomotives
    That's cool, though! I have a friend the same age as me who still has a soft spot for them; he once knew about them to obsessive extents. I find it interesting to hear him share tidbits when we're on trains. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    There is nothing wrong with ABBA.
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU?

I can relate. I like quite a few of her songs, actually.

Lady Gaga's poppier stuff is a guilty pleasure for me even if I do think she is a respectable and talented artist with a good mixture of songs.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast