What Is Your Favorite TV show?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What Is Your Favorite TV show?

No Longer Screwed by April Fool's Day Black Kyurem's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What Is Your Favorite TV show?

What's your favorite TV show? Please add the title and a small description about the show. You may do a few shows If you want.

I like two myself:

Duck Dynasty - I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL AS A SERIOUS SHOW, but it's a good comedy. Basically, some guy invented some revolutionary Duck Call, and his son is now CEO of his million dollar duck call business. However, it's a family business, but the family just wants to hunt. The guy who originally invented the new duck call doesn't actually work, he just hunts all the time. The CEO guy has to get his family to stop fooling around and make their hand-made duck calls.

The Mentalist - There's this guy who bad mouths a very dangerous serial killer on the news, and comes back to his home to find a note on the door. The note is from the murderer and it says he's not happy about the guy saying bad stuff about him. He walks in to see the killer's signature (A smiley face drawn with the victim's blood) on the wall, and his wife and daughter, dead. He now works for the police to find murderers. And he's super observant, and knows a lot about human behavior, and can easily tell if someone's lying or telling the truth. He can always find ways to find the killers....except the one who killed his family. He's known as the worst killer, and no one can find him....

Blog Entries

Visit VirtualAnomaly's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What Is Your Favorite TV show?

The Big Bang Theory, without a doubt. It's just a show about these really intellectual guys, and a blonde girl living together. Here's the description of the show from wikipedia, if you want a more accurate translation:

The Big Bang Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another favorite show of mine is Gurren Lagann. It's about a young boy named Simon, who finds a robot (gunman) buried in the ground. He then ends up finding out that the surface of the world is crawling with Beastmen, who use these gunmen to eliminate any human who reaches the surface. He and his bro, Kamina, set out on an adventure to stop these creatures, and defeat their leader, the Spiral King. It's a great anime, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Gardevoir Enthusiast Okami Takahashi's Avatar
    Follow Okami Takahashi On Twitter
    Follow Okami Takahashi on Tumblr

^ You, sir, have good taste.

As for me, my current favorite shows are Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International. I've always been fascinated with the paranormal, and these guys have found some wicked stuff.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

pokemon

I like Good Eats from Foodnetwork, and River Monsters from Animal Planet.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

My favorite tends to change, but right now it's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. <3

It's one of the several different Law & Order shows, which also include regular Law & Order, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and Law & Order: UK (my mom and I call this one Law & Order With Wigs lol). SVU, in particular, deals with sex and abuse crimes. But it's not that that makes me like the show so much. The characters are awesome. Olivia is the tough girl detective who gets targeted by bad guys a lot, Elliot is the guy who takes no crap and loses his temper easily, Finn is the gangster-type detective who used to actually be a real gangster, and Munch is the older guy with the funny one-liners (my favorite so far being "On my ass, want to kiss it and make it feel better?" XD He says this to Finn after Finn asks him if he's alright after he got shot earlier). The plots are pretty awesome too.

My favorite episode is the one about the African baby. An American woman adopted an African baby boy, but then her husband gets shot and killed. This turns out to have been an accident and the case soon turns into a search for a missing African baby.

Regular Show - It's a cartoon and it's awesome. It's like a comedy maybe... hard to explain. There's no real overall plot but its about 2 guys (a personified bluejay and a racoon) who work for a park and usually the episodes involve them doing something stupid that ends up summoning a monster / causing some other bad situation and the problem is always resolved in the end. It's extremely funny and it's got this nostalgic quality about it (it's set in an unknown time period... maybe like a mix of the 80s and the 90s. They use records, cassettes, VHS tapes, CRT TVs / computer moniters, and old-school video games)

Adventure Time - I don't really watch this anymore, but it's a cartoon about a boy and a magical dog and they go on adventures and quests and stuff

Everybody Loves Raymond - It's a comedy

King of Queens - It's a comedy... similar to Everybody Loves Raymond but I don't like it as much.

Dragon Ball Z Kai - I think we all know what this is

The Peoples Court - One of those court shows where people sue each other. This is the only court show that I watch at all, other than occassionally watching Judge Judy but I really don't like that show nearly as much

And I occassionally watch Seinfeld.

My favourite anime has got to be YuYu Hakusho.

Guardian of the Skies

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Regular Show - It's a cartoon and it's awesome. It's like a comedy maybe... hard to explain. There's no real overall plot but its about 2 guys (a personified bluejay and a racoon) who work for a park and usually the episodes involve them doing something stupid that ends up summoning a monster / causing some other bad situation and the problem is always resolved in the end. It's extremely funny and it's got this nostalgic quality about it (it's set in an unknown time period... maybe like a mix of the 80s and the 90s. They use records, cassettes, VHS tapes, CRT TVs / computer moniters, and old-school video games)
    I absolutely love this show.

My favorite show would be NFL Total Access because I'm a huge football fan.

Blog Entries

It would take me way too long to list all my favorites, so I will stick with the one show that I will always watch, and the only US show that I own all of the series:

Heroes on NBC at the time it was running is my favorite show of all time. From the amazing, spectacular first season, to its cliffhanger ending, this show will probably always be near and dear to my heart. All of the characters, besides the ones that were only in one or two episodes, are deep and have good character development. The story-line was mostly great, with the only falter being the first half of the third season. But even that was good, and the last two seasons had many confusing but well done plot points. Even the plotholes could be mostly ignored, save one or two.

When the show was canceled due to now viewers, I almost cried. The show was that good, because I never got so sad hearing that a show was going to end. I felt almost emotionally attached to the characters, which is very rare.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I'm currently really liking Fringe. :)

Blog Entries

Community...for however long it lasts. I've liked many shows, but I've never really had one grab me like Community did (and still does). Something about it is crazy enough to keep me coming back and they've yet to fall into a formula like most shows do.

Fringe really grabbed me the first season it was on, but once they started moving it around, I lost track of it, so now I just pick up the DVDs at the end of the season. Still like it, but got sick of hunting it down.

Heroes I really loved when it started, but by season 3, I was starting to lose interest. Season 4 tried to make me love it again, but didn't quite make it. They missed too many chances and were screwed by the writer's strike. It was a shame.

And Stargate: Atlantis was a show that really won me over (didn't dig the initial concept) and absolutely it was the first show whose cancellation really ticked me off. Still love watching the DVDs, though.

Blog Entries

Adventure Time.

It's a comedy (or something) that seems to be influenced by drugs and is impossible to really understand, no matter how many times you hit yourself in the head with a remote.

South Park:

Pretty self-explanatory. Four fairly crude kids go on ridiculously crude adventures.

Big Bang Theory:

A hilarious show about four nerds. Extremely funny, and the best part is my friends are all like them. (Okay, and me too... ._.)
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Favorite live action show: Castle

Favorite Reality Show: Survivor

Favorite American Animated show: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Favorite Japanese Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

These are mine.
    Last edited by Setra; 21st April 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Ooh, I didn't think of listing favorites from different categories. :o I don't really watch reality shows though, so I have to cut that one out.

Favorite Live Action Show: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Favorite American Animated Show: Scooby Doo, Where Are You? (Storm Hawks deserves an honorable mention though)

Favorite Anime: Yu-Gi-Oh (Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is close though)

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Favorite Live Action: Either Firefly, Freaks and Geeks or Skins (UK only, US remake sucked), depending on my mood. Also starting to get really into Mad Men. Favorite comedy is probably the British comedy The Vicar of Dibley.

Favorite Western Animation: Animaniacs, always and forever.

Favorite Anime: Probably Sailor Moon. I tend to prefer reading manga to watching anime, though.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Only Regular Show and Adventure Time beside MLP: FiM.
    Applejack: OK, this is just gettin' weird. Real me! Real me!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast