What do you think to spoilers?

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy spoilers?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them!

5 18.52%
  • I don't mind them, but I prefer to find them out myself

8 29.63%
  • I'd prefer not to have any, but I'll still enjoy book/film/show etc

10 37.04%
  • I hate them!

4 14.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think to spoilers?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default What do you think to spoilers?

For me it depends on the subject. Sometimes I will set out to make sure I don't have any spoilers at all, and sometimes I will read as much about it as possible, getting as many spoilers as I can.

For example, I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones, and a friend of mine has spoiled a few things, but I'm not too bothered as I'll still read and enjoy the book. On the other hand, when the next Pokémon generation comes out, I want to know as little as possible.

So what are your opinions? Do you think spoilers take away from the experience? Or do you make sure to read the last page of the book, because you can't help yourself?
    Last edited by Oswin; 8th August 2012 at 10:33 AM.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you think to spoilers?

I don't mind spoilers as much as most people, I think. If somebody spoils something for me, I'll be mad at them because they're more than likely spoiling things for less tolerant people as well, but when that happens, I manage to shift my focus to how the protagonists get to the point in question, rather than what happens.

Blog Entries

I hate when people spoil things for me pretty much always. Especially when it's people on Google

It depends on the kind of story. If I'm following a mystery story, and someone tells me the conclusion or twist, then I will be livid. If it's something where the twist or outcome isn't the main selling point, than it just bothers me, but I won't be pissed.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Spoilers don't bother me all that much at all. *shrug* I've always been fine with them, though I often spoil things for myself rather than others doing it, so that might be part of why I don't mind.

Either way, I never really care about things being spoiled for me. ...If I wasn't, I wouldn'tve started on a random episode of Zexal--which, ironically, was the last in a mini-arc, full of spoilers. XD

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I don't mind spoilers much for myself, I actually look up spoilers a lot.

Of course, I don't think it's fair to give out spoilers to those who wouldn't want them. X3

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I look up spoilers on video games very often, and it doesn't bother me. But I like to be surprised when I see a movie or read a book.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I like spoilers a little too much.

I have a habit of always wanted to google the answer and then regretting it later... Although sometimes I find that following the lead-up while knowing what the big reveal is can be just as exciting as being left in suspense.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

追放されたバカ

I don't really mind spoilers, unless its a book/game/TV series/movie that I'm currently reading/playing/watching. I remember playing Advance Wars: Days of Ruin and my cousin wound up getting ahead of me in that game and he "accidentally" spoiled some stuff for me. I was not happy. On the other hand, my friend was telling me about Catherine and actually spoiled some stuff about it to me, but I didn't find it as much as a deal because I would most likely never have access to that game(all my TV game consoles are out of date).

Blog Entries

I usually get spoilered on everything, because I can't help but type a little something in the search box to satisfy my curiosity. Strangely, I regret it afterwards.

Insane, I know. But it usually doesn't impair my enjoyment of the thing. I mean, look at AGoT. I spoilered myself a fair bit but I still loved the book.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I don't mind as much if it's something like manga or anime since I usually go and spoil things for myself, though if it's a movie/t.v. series/ book I hate them and it ruins a lot for me, especially the big ones. Breaking Dawn for example kept getting spoiled for me before I got a chance to read it since Twilight became more popular when I decided to read, so I couldn't get past the first few chapters until I moved to NY, and while I enjoyed the book, I didn't enjoy everything in it because of the spoilers.

Follow salsa On Twitter
    Follow salsa on Tumblr

Hate them - when I first picked up The Great Gatsby in American lit, someone wrote the ending in the front cover. And I was sitting there like ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

I actually enjoy spoilers. I don't like them sometimes though, but most of the time I do.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I tend to be very careful with spoilers. I like to know a few things about something to whet my appetite and get me excited for its release, but once I feel like I know enough, I avoid spoilers at all costs. I want to discover most of its content for myself, I don't see the point in finding out everything beforehand.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Spoilers have...RUINED! MY! LIFE! I just end up finding them everywhere if I'm trying to or not.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast