Weird censorship - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird censorship

Default Re: Weird censorship

Quote Originally Posted by The Imaginatrix View Post
    I have many fond memories of DBZ from my childhood and I don't want those ruined by abridgements.
    Those abridgments happen to be done to make the Anime closer to how things were in the original Manga with much less filler (like Fake Namek and whatnot). The dub is faithfully translated more and the voice actors deliver better than in the old dub.

This is it. Korra's curtain call.
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I have many fond memories of DBZ from my childhood and I don't want those ruined by abridgements.
    Those abridgments happen to be done to make the Anime closer to how things were in the original Manga with much less filler (like Fake Namek and whatnot). The dub is faithfully translated more and the voice actors deliver better than in the old dub.
    I actually liked some of the filler, but abridging nearly 300 episodes down to 99 or whatever is extremely concerning to me. How much did they cut that wasn't filler?
    I could go on, but this discussion shouldn't go any further in this thread, so I'll drop it now.

I actually liked some of the filler, but abridging nearly 300 episodes down to 99 or whatever is extremely concerning to me. How much did they cut that wasn't filler?
    Practically zero. You'd be surprised as to how the first Anime padded out the series in comparison to the Manga (which I'd recommend).

My Tumblr

Blog Entries

DBZ Kai had 2 censored for TV versions (one of which had blue Popo and orbs instead of halos) but the DVD version is closer to the Japanese version even calling moves by their Japanese names in the earlier DVDs. They even say bastard a lot in the Saiyan - Freiza Sagas.
    I think they may have gotten lazier and used the Nicktoons script for the later ones cos I noticed the language got lighter later on (though Cell calls Gohan a bastard if I recall).
    Also the Kai music was better till they took it out, I recommend getting the DVDs second hand because they re-released the first half with the bad music.

Just for fun, here is one of Vegeta's best lines in the Freiza saga
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knX1g02CkwQ
    Last edited by Snugglefox; 30th November 2013 at 05:14 PM.

Like I said earlier, this conversation would do better in the new thread I started for such discussions in the "Land of the Rising Sun" forum. I don't want to get in trouble for spamming a topic with unrelated posts. I just hope I don't get in trouble because you're allowed to respond to threads that haven't been touched in a year on this board.

Alright how about the G.I. Joe movie. If I remember, they changed it so that a guy gets put into a coma rather than die. It's pretty hasty.

My Tumblr

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Anything 4kids does to One Piece. They were so bad with that that they lost the right to dub it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyspotter View Post
    Anything 4kids does to One Piece. They were so bad with that that they lost the right to dub it.
    I have to agree: it didn't start off that bad in their first few episodes, but later on...damn, it was beyond horrible. I think Laboon got replaced with an iceberg, too. smh.

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Also, the word "whiskey" was censored out of American Pie in Band Hero. Why? The line was "Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye singin', this'll be the day that I die, this'll be thar day that I die." The song sounds ridiculous without that word as it is in the chorus and is an important part of the song!

Blog Entries

This isn't really weird censorship, more of weird they didn't censor this sooner; I noticed today that after years and years, they've finally started censoring naked babies in diaper ads on New Zealand television.
    Now if only they could change the time they air them, I don't like hearing about crapbags when I'm eating dinner.

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

MOD NOTE:

Seriously, guys. This is an in-thread warning: non-Pokémon anime goes in the Land of the Rising Sun, Pokémon anime specifically in the Pokémon Anime section. I allowed it initially hoping discussion will continue to move to section-relevant topics but if this thread shifts to anime discussion once again it will be closed.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ alpacasso forums ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    MOD NOTE:

Seriously, guys. This is an in-thread warning: non-Pokémon anime goes in the Land of the Rising Sun, Pokémon anime specifically in the Pokémon Anime section. I allowed it initially hoping discussion will continue to move to section-relevant topics but if this thread shifts to anime discussion once again it will be closed.
    I would like to challenge you on that, the topic is about anything getting censored. People are talking about anime here in the context of censorship as with anything else being discussed here is.
    In my opinion, closing this thread would be ironically on topic.

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    I would like to challenge you on that, the topic is about anything getting censored. People are talking about anime here in the context of censorship as with anything else being discussed here is.
    In my opinion, closing this thread would be ironically on topic.
    If you have an issue with a decision a staff member has made, you consult them in private and not in a thread.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ alpacasso forums ~

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Alright how about the G.I. Joe movie. If I remember, they changed it so that a guy gets put into a coma rather than die. It's pretty hasty.
    This was because the original 1986 Transformers movie was released before the Joe movie. When Duke was killed off in the Joe film, Hasbro loved the idea and decided to expand it, so they killed off Optimus Prime.

We all see how that went. >_<

There was also going to be a topless scene in the '86 Joe flick but that was shelved. Supposedly, you can find pics of the "offending" storyboards if you Google it.

If you watch the 2007 Transformers film on TNT, the scene where Mojo pees on Ironhide is changed. The dog lifts its leg...and nothing comes out. Talk about a WTF? moment.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Digimon Fusion is good dub but some of the edits made for TV are... head scratching at best. Like Deputymon being colored blue and firing lasers. On one hand, it is Digimon where weird creatures exist and blablabla. A living pistol that fires lasers? I can buy it. The issue is that in one episode he drops bullet shells. They could've added a line like "Hey, my laser chargers!" but they didn't and the shot seems weird as a result.

My Tumblr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast