Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Twelfth Doctor Who revealed

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Default Re: Twelfth Doctor Who revealed

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    So some seem to be expressing disdain over the new Doctor before his real debut. Eh, it's nothing new.
    Exactly. People thought Smith was too young when he started out, a year later he was our favourite Doctor! WHAT?! They think Smith was too young and Capaldi is too old! MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!

Haters gonna hate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Intelligence View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    So some seem to be expressing disdain over the new Doctor before his real debut. Eh, it's nothing new.
    Exactly. People thought Smith was too young when he started out, a year later he was our favourite Doctor! WHAT?! They think Smith was too young and Capaldi is too old! MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!
    I'd gripe about this but I'm too jaded about this regular cycle all fandoms goes through. Pokemon, MLP, DBZ, you name 'em, they've gone through this phase every time.

Blog Entries

Who the hell gives a crap about somebody's age?. Aren't you meant to be watching for a doctor who destory aliens and not for how sexy somebody is?
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

i haven't watched 'doctor who' for ages i might start watching it again
    WHITE 2: 2624-0822-5515
    I' lov'in this sig ^.^

I did some research and Peter Capaldi was not only in the Doctor Who episode "The Fires of Pompeii" (he played Lucius Caecilius Iucundus), but he also played John Frobisher in Torchwood: Children of Earth (Torchwood being a Doctor Who spinoff). So he is already familiar in the Doctor Who universe.
    Toa of Gallifrey likes this.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

I never would've expected it to be him, but I think Capaldi will do an excellent job. He's a brilliant actor, and I like the idea of having an older Doctor.

If they insist on making romance a component, I'll bet anyone fifty dollars they'll bring back River. The age difference there is what, two years?
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mitsuru On Twitter
    Follow Mitsuru on Tumblr Visit Mitsuru's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    "Hi, do I remember this body from some other wacky adventure I had? Perhaps at Pompeii? Naahhhh, that's probably like the time I saw not-Martha's identical twin cousin at Canary Wharf or not-Amy's clone back at that same volcano place... Seems legit."

How to pick the next Doctor/companion/whatever: close eyes; point randomly at list of guest stars from previous episodes; watch the fandom burn.
    This really is nothing new for the show or for Time Lords in general (Romana, for instance). You're at least 34 years late to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I'm massively disappointed. The BBC hyped it up to imply that they had chosen a massive superstar, and then what's-her-face hosting the live show announces the name of some nobody that neither I nor any of my family have heard of.
    To the contrary, the folks at BBC have been saying that they often look for relatively unknown actors to play the part. Just as well, because I don't think I'd enjoy it as much.

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

As long as the BBC are aware that he's relatively unknown, that's fine-- but his fans don't seem to realise that he's not that well-known.

As I've said, I disapprove of the decision only because he's been treated, thus far, like a household name, and he seems to have an ego to match, when he is, in fact, a relative unknown. I'll reserve judgement on his capacity to play the Doctor, however, once I see him playing the Doctor.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuru View Post

This really is nothing new for the show or for Time Lords in general (Romana, for instance). You're at least 34 years late to the punch.
    I mean, this thread wasn't around thirty-four years ago, nor was I alive to post in it, so yeah, I'm okay with being late. I just found it amusing that three of New-Who's companions/Doctors guest-starred in previous episodes. I didn't bother going back to Old Who because I felt my joke was done, but hey. XD

Blog Entries

I wonder if the Doctor will recognize his twelfth incarnation as that Pompeii guy. It'd be like:

Doctor: "Huh? Why do I look so familiar?"

Blog Entries

Well, he noticed Gwen (Or whatever her name is, Jack's companion) looked a lot like the girl in um well I forgot what the episode was called (I am new to the show, sue me) but it's where they had those spirits taking over dead corpses but it didn't work as they burned too quickly, she sacrificed her life to get rid of them. (S4 I think).

I am not sure what I think of this doctor, I actually don't mind if they are young but oh well, as long as he is a good doctor (I liked the 9th and he had to be closer to 40?), favorite would be the 10th doctor though, it's taking a little while to warm up to the 11th doctor (When I say I am new, I mean it's only been 1-2 months since I started watching the reruns of it on ABC, and just reached the 11th Doctor episodes a week or two ago), he felt more like a comedic relief for some reason, but I am sure the 12th will ber the same as the 11th, take a bit for me to warm up to them (I like the 10th doctor the most because well I got on the show first with him),.
    Doctor Who likes this.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

I love Capaldi in The Thick of It, I can't wait to see what he brings to The Doctor. And apparently he'll be keeping his Scottish accent, which is great.
    Doctor Who likes this.
    Pokemon X Friend Code:1676-3731-5714

Blog Entries

Don't lie, this part made you smile hard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gryphon View Post
    Well, he noticed Gwen (Or whatever her name is, Jack's companion) looked a lot like the girl in um well I forgot what the episode was called (I am new to the show, sue me) but it's where they had those spirits taking over dead corpses but it didn't work as they burned too quickly, she sacrificed her life to get rid of them. (S4 I think).
    Yes, you were right. It was Gwen Cooper (played by Eve Myles in The Stolen Earth and Journey's End who also played Gwyneth in The Unquiet Dead which is the episode you were thinking of with the spirits which was actually in Series 1 with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor).

I saw the episode in which Matt Smith regenerated into Peter Capaldi on ABC1 on Boxing Day (and I taped the repeat on ABC2 on Friday night as I was out). I think it will be a bit weird because of the big age gap between the Doctor and Clara, but I might watch the new episodes when it starts mid-2014.
    Leggo likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast