Twelfth Doctor Who revealed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Twelfth Doctor Who revealed

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Default Twelfth Doctor Who revealed

The BBC broadcast a live programme at 7pm on August 4th. The Twelfth Doctor was revealed to be Peter Capaldi (I may have spelt his name wrong), star of The Thick Of It.

Haters gonna hate

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Twelfth Doctor Who revealed

Shoulda been Idris Elba. But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries

He was the bookies favourite anyway.

I wanted a cool doctor like Matt and David. I guess after two young ones they needed an oldie (he's 55!).

Blog Entries

I really wished they had a younger actor being the doctor like the last three.
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

追放されたバカ

Think this is a really bad decision.

I think young fans will be put off in general. I know a lot of people are initially excited at the prospect of him being the Doctor as he is known for swearing and swearing instantly makes you cool apparently, especially on internet forums.

But I don't think it will go down well with DW's target audience and ultimately prove to be a mad move by a seemingly ever out of touch BBC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genwunner View Post
    Think this is a really bad decision.

I think young fans will be put off in general. I know a lot of people are initially excited at the prospect of him being the Doctor as he is known for swearing and swearing instantly makes you cool apparently, especially on internet forums.

But I don't think it will go down well with DW's target audience and ultimately prove to be a mad move by a seemingly ever out of touch BBC.
    Well, he did say he won't adapt his The Thick of It character into the Twelfth Doctor. Sure, he might deserve a clip around the ear for his potty mouth, but he's a great actor. And I think he'll go down well. Also, it seems that many young fans are getting interested in the Hartnell stories, who was 55 when he was cast, so Capaldi could go down well.

Haters gonna hate

"Hi, do I remember this body from some other wacky adventure I had? Perhaps at Pompeii? Naahhhh, that's probably like the time I saw not-Martha's identical twin cousin at Canary Wharf or not-Amy's clone back at that same volcano place... Seems legit."

How to pick the next Doctor/companion/whatever: close eyes; point randomly at list of guest stars from previous episodes; watch the fandom burn.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I think it'll be nice to see an older actor as the doctor. I feel like in recent years the show's taken a path that's just trying too hard to be edgy because Matt's so young, so I'm looking forward to something that'll be going in a different direction.
    Doctor Who and Kaori like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    "Hi, do I remember this body from some other wacky adventure I had? Perhaps at Pompeii? Naahhhh, that's probably like the time I saw not-Martha's identical twin cousin at Canary Wharf or not-Amy's clone back at that same volcano place... Seems legit."

How to pick the next Doctor/companion/whatever: close eyes; point randomly at list of guest stars from previous episodes; watch the fandom burn.
    What about Colin Baker in Arc of Infinity? I suppose Capaldi had a minor role in Pompeii and it was years ago so nobody remembers it.

Haters gonna hate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    I think it'll be nice to see an older actor as the doctor. I feel like in recent years the show's taken a path that's just trying too hard to be edgy because Matt's so young, so I'm looking forward to something that'll be going in a different direction.
    How is it edgy?

At least there won't be that much love as in the past couple of seasons.
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Girly Princess View Post
    At least there won't be that much love as in the past couple of seasons.
    If there was, I'd be scarred. Capaldi's 55, Coleman's 27. *shudder*

Haters gonna hate

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

If people are seriously turned off the show because the lead actor isn't young and attractive then they're watching the show for the wrong reasons.

I wasn't a huge fan of 11 so I'm hoping this new dude will be an improvement.

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

I'm massively disappointed. The BBC hyped it up to imply that they had chosen a massive superstar, and then what's-her-face hosting the live show announces the name of some nobody that neither I nor any of my family have heard of.

If he's a good actor, fair enough, but I refuse to accept him as a 'star' just because he's been in a series that some people have seen. Sadly, the people who already knew of Pete Garibaldi's existence, it seems, seem to be the type to say "Oh, you've never heard of my favourite actor? You must live under a rock," because that's been the universal response to my disappointment so far...

Like I said, though, if he proves himself as the Doctor, I don't mind, just so long as people don't try to claim he's a superstar, because he just ain't.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

I taped it because I was sleeping at 4:00am Monday morning (I live in Melbourne, Australia by the way) and I didn't go on the Internet until I have watched it. It would be interesting to see how Peter Capaldi goes. We have gone from the youngest Doctor (Matt Smith) to the second oldest Doctor (Peter Capaldi). I was hinting that there would be an older Doctor for the Twelfth Doctor, but I was leaning towards Sean Pertwee, but I don't mind that Peter Capaldi got the role.

And yes The Great Intelligence, he was in "The Fires of Pompeii", in which he played Lucius Caecilius Iucundus (for the record, Karen Gillan was also in the episode, she played a Soothsayer).

I may watch the Twelfth Doctor, but it depends on what I am doing at the time.
    Last edited by indigohex; 5th August 2013 at 08:56 PM.

Blog Entries

So some seem to be expressing disdain over the new Doctor before his real debut. Eh, it's nothing new.
    Gaga and Squeaky the sixth like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast