Teen Titans Revival

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Majin Mew

Thread: Teen Titans Revival

Default Teen Titans Revival

While just going through the internet on a nostalgia trip I discovered that Cartoon Network plans to bring Teen Titans back next year. However, all that glitters is not gold. They are reviving it in such a way that it fits with most of the other current Cartoon Network shows. Comedy, just comedy. They've for the most part decided to just cut the action and all around plot of the show and just make episodes of crappy filler.

For all you DBZ fans this is like Kai, but instead of taking out the filler so it keeps to the plot, they're keeping nothing but the filler. An entire series of that one episode where Goku and Piccolo learned to drive.

I'm not saying I want a full on action show either. Teen Titans was so lovable because it was a perfect mix of the two. It new how to keep the show funny but also work with more serious storylines.
    Robo-Floatzel and The_Doctor like this.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Teen Titans Revival

When I heard of it, I was EXCITED, but then when I read more about it, I was disappointed

Other than the shows on DC Nation, action shows on Cartoon Network are basically a critically endangered species, especially after they ended Toonami, and then started airing live action shows. I mean, Ben 10 isn't that good anymore, they killed Generator Rex (and I loved that show), they MIGHT be cancelling Thundercats, and let's not get started on the Pokemon anime.

Then again, Cartoon Network is known for screwing over good shows and replacing them with crappy ones, I cannot count how many good or decent shows (both action and comedy) they have cancelled, let's see (all from TV Tropes):

Action cartoons in particular haven't seen a lot of luck on the network. The list of screwed action shows is huge, and that's not even considering CN's treatment of anime. Naturally, this isn't making Stuart Snyder any friends.

As for this Teen Titans "revival", it shows that CN no longer cares about action shows, although there are some positives to this: Between Green Lantern, Young Justice and the upcoming "Beware the Batman", there are enough serious shows on the DC Nation lineup, a funny, lighthearted show will make for a nice change of pace. I just wish they had gone with a different cast, like the Founding Five or some variation, like the Young Justice lineup, but I guess that would've been confusing with YJ still on the block, assuming YJ will be sticking around when this show begins. I just never liked the "New Teen Titans" team too much, though of all the DC Nation shorts, I would've rather gotten a Super Best Friends Forever series, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 30th June 2012 at 07:04 PM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

I was a such a fan of most of those shows, save for Transformers, Flapjack, Clone Wars, and Thundercats. Cartoon Network is just going down the drain. The only half-decent shows they have left are Regular Show and Ben 10, but Ben 10 is obviously just getting worse and Regular Show is only slightly better than the other mindless dribble they air. I haven't seen any of these DC Nation shorts due to my ever decreasing interest in the channel, but I'm sure many could have potential. With Lauren Faust, Super Best Friends Forever couldn't be bad. (I mean she worked on Foster's Home, seriously can't be half-bad) I'm am seriously beginning to think Cartoon Network thinks it has to stable fan bases. Mindless little children only amused by what appears to be drug fueled idiocy and slightly older kids who just want action. No middle ground anymore.

Follow Dragard On Twitter
    Visit Dragard's Youtube Channel

I'm pretty excited about it. Even if it's just going to be lighthearted comedy, it's better than being left in a cliffhanger forever. Obviously though, I would have liked it to have been like before, a mixture of seriousness with comedy. I don't mind it if it's more comedy then action and plot driven, especially since we have an amazing show called Young Justice.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Mew View Post
    I was a such a fan of most of those shows, save for Transformers, Flapjack, Clone Wars, and Thundercats. Cartoon Network is just going down the drain. The only half-decent shows they have left are Regular Show and Ben 10, but Ben 10 is obviously just getting worse and Regular Show is only slightly better than the other mindless dribble they air. I haven't seen any of these DC Nation shorts due to my ever decreasing interest in the channel, but I'm sure many could have potential. With Lauren Faust, Super Best Friends Forever couldn't be bad. (I mean she worked on Foster's Home, seriously can't be half-bad) I'm am seriously beginning to think Cartoon Network thinks it has to stable fan bases. Mindless little children only amused by what appears to be drug fueled idiocy and slightly older kids who just want action. No middle ground anymore.
    I do agree with you on all of that, Ben 10 is now just really a toy seller and barely has any characterization left (it went downhill after the second season of Alien Force in my opinion, it was supposed to end at the second season of Alien Force, but CN wanted more money), Regular Show is pretty good too, I especially agree with you on the subject of Lauren Faust, I do think Super Best Friends Forever would make a great series, after all, the Simpsons started out as animated shorts before making full-length episodes that made the series what it is, but yes, CN needs to pay attention to what the fans want, not what they think the demographic wants as a marketing ploy, this could be why people complain so much about todays cartoons is because of what network executives think kids want, but do not pay attention to what OTHER people want, Lauren Faust saw and avoided these problems when she pitched My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to the Hub, I think there should be more people pitching shows like that to networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragard View Post
    I'm pretty excited about it. Even if it's just going to be lighthearted comedy, it's better than being left in a cliffhanger forever. Obviously though, I would have liked it to have been like before, a mixture of seriousness with comedy. I don't mind it if it's more comedy then action and plot driven, especially since we have an amazing show called Young Justice.
    I agree with you on that, as I said in one of my earlier posts, DC nation has enough serious shows, and a lighthearted show can bring some balance to the block, after all, it's better than just not resolving the cliffhanger at the end of the series.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

I just don't see them resolving it. From what I've read I'm starting to think this is going to be like the Teen Titans comic they made for little kids z few years back. No plot focus at all, just new random adventures.

I was also really excited at first. Teen Titans is one of my old favorites and I've missed it. I doubt that this new series will even come close to the old one, but I'll give it a chance.