Songs That You Hate - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Songs That You Hate

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Songs That You Hate

"I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz is ANNOYING.

Madonna's new stuff really sucks too. I like some of her old songs, especially "Crazy for You" and "Live to Tell". Her new stuff doesn't compare. And I think she should give up with trying to be sexy. Other female singers her age have stopped wearing sexy clothing years ago. Why doesn't Madonna follow suit?

I'm not really a fan of too many singers from the country that I live in. I especially don't care for Kylie Minogue and Cody Simpson. I never got into Kylie, while I hate Cody with a flaming passion. People say I like more American singers than Australian ones. I do like Natalie Imbruglia, though. I even got a chance to meet her briefly. (It really is true that she's never had work done on her face, which explains why she has a few wrinkles. I still think she's pretty, though.)

Default Re: Songs That You Hate

I thought of a new song that I hate, and thank god they stopped playing it long ago.

"I Get a Good Feeling" by Flo Rida. The song sounds like they just cobbled a bunch of soundbites together. Flo Rida's voice sounds terrible when put with a voice as amazing a Etta James'. There is no rhythm, and his voice is totally out of sync with hers.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Um, I can get not liking Adele's musical style or thinking her songs are overplayed, but calling her a mediocre singer? Really? You have to admit that the girl has mad pipes.

Also, while she's hardly the "second coming of the Beatles" part of her acclaim is her heavy stylistic influence from 1960s-style blues, R&B and soul (though those weren't so much the roots of the Beatles as other British rock bands). But it's true that she was hardly the first current pop female singer to revive this; Amy Winehouse was doing it several years before Adele broke onto the scene. Lily Allen has also sung/written in that style before, including on her debut album which, again, predates Adele.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Um, I can get not liking Adele's musical style or thinking her songs are overplayed, but calling her a mediocre singer? Really? You have to admit that the girl has mad pipes.
    Nah, she can sing, but she hasn't done anything with her voice that makes me think "wow, how did she do that?" or even "my god, what a beautiful voice". I think she's popular because she isn't the current usual of Madonna copycats. I think she's mediocre because her voice is nothing to write home about, its not outstanding or amazing or tear inducing, its just middle of the road mum-pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Also, while she's hardly the "second coming of the Beatles" part of her acclaim is her heavy stylistic influence from 1960s-style blues, R&B and soul (though those weren't so much the roots of the Beatles as other British rock bands). But it's true that she was hardly the first current pop female singer to revive this; Amy Winehouse was doing it several years before Adele broke onto the scene. Lily Allen has also sung/written in that style before, including on her debut album which, again, predates Adele.
    I'd go as far to say she's a poor mans Etta James or Nina Simone. Your money is better spent on the originals than the copyists. Adele will be forgotten in ten years, surely, Amy probably too. But that's the life of a pop star, few remain successful. Christ, not even Prince could keep it going for decades.
    seconds to forever

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction — "Overplayed" That's all I have to say.

Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen — I actually liked the song when It first came out, but when people started to constantly say "Hey, I just met you. And this crazy. Here's my number, so call me Maybe" I started to get annoyed with this song.

Boyfriend - Justin Bieber — All his song I HATE!

I sometimes really hate mainstream music.

Blog Entries

I really dislike the song "Sweep the Leg" by No More Kings. It's a really badly written song. But it's more about the music video, which featured actor William Zabka playing a rather ridiculous caricature of himself. Seeing him skate down the streets in a red speedo while carrying a radio kind of agitated me - I didn't think a man in his 40s would find that funny.

"Gives You Hell" is also an annoying song, probably on the same level as Billy Idol's music.

I also hate a few of Rihanna's recent songs. 'Tis a shame, since I like her old stuff. Basically, around 2010 her music's quality started to decline. Now it seems like she's trying to be a black Madonna.

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Verona View Post
    I thought of a new song that I hate, and thank god they stopped playing it long ago.

"I Get a Good Feeling" by Flo Rida. The song sounds like they just cobbled a bunch of soundbites together. Flo Rida's voice sounds terrible when put with a voice as amazing a Etta James'. There is no rhythm, and his voice is totally out of sync with hers.
    Flo.............Rida............with................Etta..............James...............wat
    wat

And yeah, not really digging some of Rihanna's new songs.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

The majority of pop, rap, techno, emo, and country. The hatred is worsened if heavy synthesizers or AutoTune is used. Anything by In This Moment or Kittie tends to piss me off as well. And add to that any song from Load, Reload, Lulu, Cryptic Writings, Risk, Jugulator, Demolition, The X Factor, Virtual XI, Sound Of White Noise, Stomp 442, Volume 8: The Threat Is Real, We've Come For You All, Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die!, and probably some more I'm momentarily forgetting.
    Last edited by Pyradox; 26th September 2012 at 05:22 AM.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

We are Young and Somebody that I used to know.

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

Payphone. Why that song was ever made is beyond me.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

The "I get knocked down, but I get up again" song. It's so infuriating.

eat

You mean brilliant.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Whenever any music from 2001: A Space Odyssey is played in a movie or TV Show, I die a little inside.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Anything by Adele, especially that Someone Like You song. Her singing is mediocre at best, the song creeps me out in a bad way, and every female in my family insists on playing it constantly.
    Fennel likes this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Baby, It's Cold Outside.

If you've actually listened to the lyrics, the song will skeeve you out severely. I'm not kidding: This is basically a guy coming on to a woman who wants nothing to do with him! Don't believe me? Here's some of the freaking lyrics:

I simply must go - Baby, it's cold outside
    The answer is no - Ooh baby, it's cold outside

Yeah, I can't stand that song. It creeps me out every single time I hear it. It's one of the major reasons I hate Christmas music in general.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast