Songs That You Hate - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs That You Hate

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Songs That You Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    - Most "contemporary Christian" music (informed by being a pastor's kid and wondering why people love this dreck when there's so much gorgeous and actually inspiring religious music out there) ESPECIALLY "Christmas Shoes" aka the worst and also most unsettling Christmas song ever WHY THE FUCK DOES ANYONE PLAY THIS OR LIKE THIS
    I think it's because it's more appealing and has a more modern sound than traditional hymns. I listen to a good amount of Christian artists/bands and even I don't really listen to a lot of "contemporary Christian/ worship songs " except when in a church situation. They only have some appeal to me and there's only some that really stick out to me.

Anyway, add all Nickelback songs to my list.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Kouzan View Post
    - Most "contemporary Christian" music (informed by being a pastor's kid and wondering why people love this dreck when there's so much gorgeous and actually inspiring religious music out there) ESPECIALLY "Christmas Shoes" aka the worst and also most unsettling Christmas song ever WHY THE FUCK DOES ANYONE PLAY THIS OR LIKE THIS
    I think it's because it's more appealing and has a more modern sound than traditional hymns.
    It didn't mean just traditional hymns, I also meant spirituals and gospel music and stuff like that. There are a lot of other options out there if people just want some variety other than traditional hymns (which I love, but I'm in music school for a reason, I obviously don't have a problem with classical music and I know that's not a universal opinion).

Granted, I don't really listen to it on my free time, so I'm mostly familiar with/talking about the kind of worship/praise music that they've played at my dad's church when they have "contemporary" services, not so much regular bands that happen to have religious lyrics from time to time (heck, I listen to Sufjan Stevens and he would technically fall under the category).

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Kouzan View Post
    I think it's because it's more appealing and has a more modern sound than traditional hymns.

It didn't mean just traditional hymns, I also meant spirituals and gospel music and stuff like that. There are a lot of other options out there if people just want some variety other than traditional hymns (which I love, but I'm in music school for a reason, I obviously don't have a problem with classical music and I know that's not a universal opinion).

Granted, I don't really listen to it on my free time, so I'm mostly familiar with/talking about the kind of worship/praise music that they've played at my dad's church when they have "contemporary" services, not so much regular bands that happen to have religious lyrics from time to time (heck, I listen to Sufjan Stevens and he would technically fall under the category).
    Ok thanks for clearing that up, I don't particularly enjoy spirituals and gospel much either but from a musical stand point, they seem to have more quality than praise and worship stuff.

With 100% more GUNFACE! Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Love You Like A Love Song" - Selena Gomez & The Scene. I have nothing agaisnt Selena Gomez but that blasted song makes me want to steal energy and destroy! It's been so overplayed at my workplace that the second I hear the opening beats I cringe. I'm not kidding about that either.

-"Baby" by Justin Bieber. Okay, I actually do hate this one, and along with being incredibly overplayed when it came out it's also extremely catchy. If I hear even a few seconds of it, it's stuck in my head the rest of the day. WHY
    Ugh, those two songs. They are overplayed and I canNOT stand them. "Christmas Shoes" is so treacly that it makes me want to gag; not helping matters is I hear it everywhere during the holiday season. Everyone everywhere requests the living slag out of it!

As for "Baby"--all it is to me is the word "baby" repeated about 7,000 times in a row with a little rap thrown in to call it a song. It's been way overplayed and it makes me want to scream when I hear it.

I'm also not a fan of country music at all (the closest I get is Taylor Swift) and most hardcore rap. But I do like the Linkin Park type stuff. Oh and "Surfin' Bird" by The Trashmen has been completely ruined for me thanks to that Family Guy ep. =/
    Autobots, transform and party down!
    Don't believe the lies.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

I hate all country, except for Aaron Lewis and Avenged Sevenfold's Dear God. I hate all rap, except Kid Rock. I hate all pop, no exceptions. Probably the song I hate the most, out of anything ever, is Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

That song Rumor has it is getting on my nerves. And I'm really sick of the song Payphone. And pretty much every Bruno Mars song, along with any sort of reggae and Hawaiian music(all of which takes up at least half of all radio play here in Hawaii).
    And the song Im Yours by Jason Mraz has been immortalized as my least favorite song ever. I hated it in Alaska from it being over played. And moving to Hawaii (shudders) ALMOST EVERY F***ING PERSON IN MY 7TH GRADE CLASS COULD PLAY UKULELE AND PLAYED MOTHERFKKING JAWAIIAN AND BRUNO MARS AND JASON MRAZ EVER F***ING DAY AND...(commits suicide)

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Most (if not all) mexican rancher songs (I'm mexican). In my opinion, there is no quicker way to disgrace/murder an accordion...

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

- "Dancing with Myself" by Billy Idol. I swear I want to smash any radio that plays this annoying song.
    - "Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry.
    - Everything by Nirvana. I don't get why so many guys worship them. Kurt Cobain was not exactly a nice person.
    - Everything by Lily Allen. Why do so many people like her? She's not that great.
    - "Behind these Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson. On a side note, don't all her songs sound practically the same?
    - "The Path we Chose" by Prussian Blue. Ever heard of them? They're these twin girls (named Lynx and Lamb - WTF?) who made a name for themselves by singing songs about neo-Nazism.
    - "Aaron's Party" by Aaron Carter. Nick Carter and his sister Leslie (who unfortunately died back in January) could sing well, but Aaron sure couldn't!

(I was going to add "Turkey in a Straw", but that song's so bad, it's actually kinda funny!)

I'm only listing songs that are well-liked by mature audiences. Obviously, stuff by Disney pop stars doesn't count because you don't see many people beyond middle school listening to it.

^~^ Fab's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Haha Prussian Blue. As far as I remember they stopped believing in their nazism and started smoking weed.

Jonathan
    Badges: 1
    Current Y Team

(av & sig source)

Blog Entries

I don't really like death metal. I can stand screamo, but I don't like the hardest stuff out there like a lot of people on the forum like. It the band has skeletons, chains, skeletons in chains, etc. I probably don't like it.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries

Okay, I'm gonna add "Hey Soul Sister" to the list of songs I absolutely can't stand. I heard it in the bar the other day and I was thinking "Oh, that's the one I forgot!" Ugh.

@zakisrage; It's easy to be dismissive of Nirvana now because there have been so many bands over the past two decades that tried to sound like them, but their style was very new (at least, outside of the Seattle underground scene) when Nevermind first hit the airwaves in 1991. (People will often say "But they stole their sound from this-and-that-Pacific-Northwest-grunge-band" but that's really just splitting hairs, what matters is that Nirvana made that sound mainstream, which allowed it to influence people outside of that particular regional underground scene.) They basically launched the grunge/alternative style at least on a nationwide/international scale, and probably just about every big '90s alternative band owes them a debt in some way. If you don't like their music, okay (I like Nirvana but they're not my favorite and I kind of need to be in a certain mood for it), but at least understand that the reason people "worship" them isn't just because they idolize Kurt or whatever (although I personally admire Kurt Cobain a lot for his feminist views). Any music historian will tell you they were hugely important to the history and development of rock.

Also, I like Lily Allen. She actually does have a very different sound from a lot of pop singers. And she uses a lot of stylistic variety in her music, varying between soul, reggae and even hip-hop-esque on her first album alone, which I appreciate in any musician.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 5th September 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Also, I like Lily Allen. She actually does have a very different sound from a lot of pop singers. And she uses a lot of stylistic variety in her music, varying between soul, reggae and even hip-hop-esque on her first album alone, which I appreciate in any musician.
    I quite like her, she is a good pop singer. She isn't doing anything completely experimental or breaking new ground, but she's good at what she does.

I hate pretty much all teen pop groups, like Steps, Boyzone, Take That, One Direction etc.

Jonathan
    Current Y Team

(av & sig source)

Blog Entries

That Panic! At the Disco song about "haven't you people every heard of closing the goddamn door" has been stuck in my head the past few days, and I think I'm going to have to add it to this list, too. I mean, what?

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Good Life - One Republic
    Anything by Adele - I used to like her songs but the radio stations overplayed them

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    Anything by Adele - I used to like her songs but the radio stations overplayed them
    So overplayed. On the car rides to college my friend would have the radio on and every time the the DJ played an Adele song they gushed over her like she was the second coming of the Beatles. A mediocre singer really, she doesn't sound very original at all.

Jonathan
    Current Y Team

(av & sig source)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast