Rest in Peace: Steve Jobs - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rest in Peace: Steve Jobs

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

Default Re: Rest in Peace: Steve Jobs

It's a real shame that such an awesome person has died. Now the iPhone 5 will look like shit because Steve Jobs isn't there to envision it.

HERE's a brief article covering how terrible a person Steve Jobs really was.
    - RAGECANDYBAR: The PokéGods: Secrets and Rumors Revealed

(Feel free to leave me a private or visitor message with any comments, questions, or advice related to my work)

East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmearglePaints View Post
    ... how terrible a person Steve Jobs really was.
    Way to take the opposite extreme.

In any case its interesting that people are comparing Steve Jobs to Thomas Edison.

Thomas Edison was a huge jerk too. He cheated people out of money, patent trolled, nearly destroyed the American film industry before it even got started, and came close to retarding the emergence of America's electrical infrastructure by decades with his obsession with DC current. Oh, did you know that he tortured animals (and eventually death row inmates) to death with electric current purely to scare people out of using his competition's products?

Henry Ford was even worse, you don't get the honor of having your portrait displayed in Adolf Hitler's office by being a nice guy. Overtly anti-black racism and pressuring Ford dealerships to distribute antisemitic newspapers sponsored by Henry Ford himself was just the beginning.

Oh, and Alexander Gram Bell? He testified before the US Congress that the use of sign language by the deaf was unpatriotic and unAmerican.

And Nikola Tesla, inventor of radio, RC control, alternating current motors, electric car ignition, and the one who predicted smartphones and the internet back in 1909, was an open eugenics advocate and probable misogynist who was obsessed with creating weapons of mass destruction.

So yes, people can do incredible things that make the modern world and all its wonders possible and still be huge jerks.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Way to spit on the grave buddy.

I think that he was still a great loss to the great field of science and that we lost a great mind.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

I think that he was still a great loss to the great field of science and that we lost a great mind.

Blog Entries

...Aaaaand let the end of the world begin...

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post

Well, if it's true. I also didn't write that nor say those things; Io9 and their sources did.
    - RAGECANDYBAR: The PokéGods: Secrets and Rumors Revealed

(Feel free to leave me a private or visitor message with any comments, questions, or advice related to my work)

I wouldn't call him a "genius" as people have recently found it fun to do, but he certainly was a quality innovator and genuine workforce that helped to shape the world as we currently know it. Still, not a genius.

RIP.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123