Rate the Last Movie you Watched - Page 56

Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Rate the Last Movie you Watched

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Crash

People could say that this movie puts racism into situations where racism doesn't play a part these days, but I think the most tragic part of this movie is the reality behind it. As annoying as it gets to hear people pulling the race card half a century after the civil rights movement is supposed to have run its course, the point of this movie is that there's a reason people are still going on about race. I think what I really like about Crash is that it paints as realistically complex a portrait as you'll probably get from Hollywood: it gives people reasons to be racist, and it depicts the cyclical impasse that racism has become these days. My main complaint is that I didn't completely understand Don Cheadle's role and I believe movies should be fully understood upon the first viewing.

7.5/10

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Stan Helsing: 1/10

Just awful, why are they incapable of making good spoof movies these days? Never mind a lack of funny jokes, it was difficult to find any jokes at all. Such a shame this had to be one of the last movies Leslie Nielsen ever appeared in. It was still better than than Disaster Movie, though.
    Last edited by Bouffalant Herdier; 21st October 2013 at 01:11 PM.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Moneyball: 9.9/10

One of the few Brad Pitt movies I can enjoy and one of the few with Jonah Hill that doesn't make me want to punch him. If you're a baseball fan, this goes into the business of managing a team and shows just how tough it can be to build a winner. Even if you're not an A's fan, you might find yourself cheering for them anyway.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

Anastasia: 8/10

I kind of wanted a little bit more out of that movie. I barely remembered it from my childhood before watching it.

A Little Princess (1995)
    10/10

In one word its adorable. Very classic Disney feel, stuck true to the feel of the book and...I teared up a little watching it. Oh yeah, its very corny, but if you need to boost your spirits, it'll do the job.

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aliens 8.5/10

No matter how many times you see it you'll always be reminded of 'In Space No One Can Hear You Scream' line from the original

Blog Entries

Vault of Horror 8/10

5 different stories, each quite fun and interesting. I noticed it had been cut quite badly. It's hard to imagine why since any brutality was conducted laughably badly. I love cliche horrors like this, October is the perfect time for them.

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

Empire of the Sun (1987) - 6.5/10

Not bad, but I was expecting so much more. I think the real problem here was the overall tone, which never really settled anywhere. Not sure what point the director was trying to make. When a war film doesn't move you much, that's not a good sign. I genuinely wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel during some parts, and there were some random scenes in the middle that had nothing to do with anything and just made it drag. But it still has some good things going for it, including an excellent performance from a 13 year-old Christian Bale, a few good scenes, and some well-placed symbolism.

Blog Entries

Machete Kills

8/10. I had a blast watching this.

Blog Entries

Star Trek: Into Darkness - 8.5/10

Let's be blunt: you cannot remake The Wrath of Khan. However, this isn't really a remake as much as a retelling of the tale and it's done excellently. Chris Pine is pitch perfect as Kirk and Zachary Quinto's Spock is amazing. I have to wonder how Paramount will top this one.

Team Battle Maison
    GPX+

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Hobbit:An Unexpected Journey 9/10

Good opening of a Trilogy

Blog Entries

Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice: 6.5/10
    Honestly, I agree with my husband on this one--this really should have been a multi-episode story arch rather than a full-fledged film. The storyline was rather thin at best and although there was a good amount of action, that didn't really help. Overall, I'd say that this was one of the weaker films in the Pokemon franchise. If it hadn't been for Vic Mignogna as Keldeo, I may have scored it lower.

Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened: 8.5/10
    A much better endeavor this time around. A better storyline, a good deal of action and some truly sympathetic characters. It was great to see Mewtwo again--even if it hadn't really changed its opinion of humanity--and the smallest member of the Genesect crew truly tugged at the heartstrings. Really, that little cry of "I want to go home" caused me to tear up a bit. They ended Gen V on a high note with this one.

Team Battle Maison
    GPX+

Long live Haruka (May)! Haruka_Rules!'s Avatar

I saw all 3 Crocodile Dundee films yesterday so I'll rate them.

Crocodile Dundee has a wonderful plot, music and memorable characters. One of my favorite 80's movies. 10/10

Crocodile Dundee II Plot was a little weak but still good as I felt the first half (Mick in NY) could have been better. Character development was good minus the drug leader Luis Rico. Overall it's an enjoyable sequel. 8/10

Crocodile Dundee in LA This isn't as bad as many people say but it is a disappointment. It felt like a copy of the first film at times although the Hollywood setting was a neat idea. Characters were okay but I felt Lindas was kinda stale in this one. Despite these drawbacks the film still does manage to be entertaining. If you're looking for a fun, light-hearted comedy for the family, this is good to watch... just don't expect it to be as good as the previous ones. 6/10

Overall the first 2 are a must watch while LA is a hit or miss.
    Last edited by Haruka_Rules!; 24th October 2013 at 08:45 PM.
    BMGF Anime Master likes this.

Created by Princess of Hoenn

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The Great Mouse Detective.

I only vaguely remember watching this as a kid, and I loved to watch it a lot of times (I really loved this movie for some reason). Years later, I forgot why I liked it so much, but watching it now again, I can see how this was a well-made movie.

Story: 4/5. I don't know much about the source book (Basil of Baker Street or whatever), but for a child-version Sherlock Holmes, this had a very interesting story.

Characters: 5/5. Basil and Ratigan represented their counterparts (Holmes and Moriarty) very well. Loved the voice actors - they did a splendid job.

Animation: 4/5. The animation wasn't special - just another Disney classic animation for the most part. However, the final battle at Big Ben was obviously the best scene ever. Computer graphics of course, but for an animation in the 80s to show such detailed gears - and the dynamic camera angles... o.o

Overall: I'm giving it a 4.5/5. Yes, it is an old classic, and maybe nothing really strikes out from it (since it was heavily overshadowed by the Disney Renaissance after its release). However, like someone said somewhere else, this movie is so underrated - the characters, the story, the animation (especially the Big Ben battle scene) are all very captivating, and I'd love to recommend people to give it a try if they haven't seen it :D

Blog Entries

Thor: The Dark World

9/10

I won't spoil anything but I will say that it was awesome. The only major problem? It needed more Loki. Poor Thor; it's his movie but his brother completely steals the film.

Team Battle Maison
    GPX+

Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast