Rate the Last Movie you Watched - Page 46

Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Toy Story 3

With a humorous, touching, and well-written story, I give it a 9/10. Even if there were a few things that bugged me, it has that magic that makes Pixar movies so great.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Over the holidays, I watched three movies. I'll rate them in order of which I saw them. :3

The Search for Santa Paws

OMG, this has to be the most magical holiday Disney film I have ever seen! The beginning was a little confusing and awkward, but as the plot progressed, it got to be a really amazing film that possessed the same magic as the older films I grew up with. 9.5/10!

Jingle All the Way

I watch this one practically every Christmas, as it's my favorite Christmas film. As always, it's amazing and hilarious and both Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sinbad did their roles perfectly. Sinbad's character, Myron, was especially funny, lol. "That was really a bomb? There are some sick people in this world! SICK!" XD 10/10!

Santa Buddies

I've always been a big fan of the Air Buddies series, and as the others are, this movie was awesome! It seemed to be more about Puppy Paws than the Buddies themselves, but in the end, they all learned a valuable lesson about the spirit of Christmas. 9/10. :3

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Life of Pi

10/10 for me. I'm a huge sucker for emotive storylines and beautiful visuals and this film took the extremes of nature and threw them all together to make something so beautiful I was breathless and crying at some points. It was a feast for the eyes and Suraj Sharma gave an amazing performance despite never having acted before. A gem of a film for anyone who likes vivid sights or performances to pull on the heartstrings. I couldn't say enough good things about this film.

Les Misérables

8/10. This didn't leave as much of a lasting impact on me as I hoped it might despite how heart-wrenching it was at some points; certain actors gave amazing performances (Jackman, Crowe and Hathaway in particular for me) but a couple of others felt slightly lacklustre or even grating in their singing voices for my tastes (but then I don't have a huge tolerance or, often, any fondness for musicals and I applaud them for giving the performances they gave nonetheless). I feel it was filmed brilliantly, I adored the costumes and sets and the casting was visually spot on for all aside from Marius (Redmayne), who simply wasn't as I had imagined the character. Naturally, it was a long film, but it had to be to do the story justice. I'd still suggest seeing it if you get the chance.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Gangs of York

I'll give it a 9 out of 10. The movie was good and the characters were interesting. It was really violent but I like that. Now my only complain would be that it might be a bit dramatic but it's able to grasp that emotion well and made me feel a bit sad at the end, especially when they show you how much New York has changed and how quickly all of the events that had occurred were forgotten by others.

The Dark Knight Rises

10 out of 10 from me. I'm a hug fan of superhero movies as well as a huge fan of Batman movies, so it's because of that that I genuinely loved this one. Unlike most SH movies this one has a more real feel to it, the struggle between the rich people and the poor as well as what one thinks is the right thing to do or how they should be living. The characters were very well done and it kept the tension going all the way through the film. Another thing I liked about this movie is that while it's a superhero movie it felt more like a real action movie, like the only superhero thing about it was that the good guys and bad guys worse costumes...well, not all of them but I won't spoil.

Follow Solace On Twitter

The Social Network

7/10 - Honestly, after all of the research I've done on the history of Facebook (as regaled so eloquently in many different ways by Mr. Zuckerberg himself) I have to say that the amount of things that were skewed in an unimaginably raggedy manner is dumbfounding. The movie itself is fantastic - I love fast moving, flashback-oriented movies that centralize around a topic such as this, but it lacked factual substance, which, in retrospect, is hardly important. As far as I've come to know, the movie wasn't made to be an exact biography of Facebook's history, and that's alright.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Django Unchained

If you have a particularly weak stomach, then you'd probably be wise to give this one a wide berth. Ample characters get carnaged here, and when they do they erupt messily in eye-popping splatters of blood and broken flesh. The violence isn't just restricted to human-on-human either - there's a pretty graphic scene at the start where an innocent horse gets its brains blown out, which did shock me...I note that they were careful to place their "American Humane Society Monitored" disclaimer right at the start of the end-credits, just to be sure that no one could miss it.

If you can overcome all that, then this pastiche on the spaghetti western has some fine performances, and numerous guilty pleasures. My favourite part, by far, was when Tarantino showed up for his obligatory cameo, with an Australian accent (I assume that's what it was intended to be, anyway) so mangled that I had to smile.

As with just about every Tarantino film except Jackie Brown (which remains his strongest, albeit most overlooked film, in my opinion) this is a clear-cut case of style over substance, but such lovingly-crafted style that you cannot help but admire his passion.

7.5/10

Blog Entries

I watched Ted on TV because someone convinced me. It's a really awful movie. Same cheap jokes that Seth MacFarlane keeps using. HE'S NOT FUNNY! 0/10
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Brave

I'm a sucker when it comes to Pixar movies and it's what I grew up with since I was a kid. Brave kind of made me reminisce about how much Pixar's animation has changed from when Toy Story first came out a year before I was born. I liked the movie I think it's pretty classical in a way, it kind of reminds you of old Disney movies and it has a very nice and heart-warming message.

However, while the animation was splendid and I liked the way the film was handle Brave is kind of in the lowest amongst my favorite Pixar movies, it's just, first of all the movie went by really quick in a way like things just moved too fast. Second of all I feel as if the plot was a little cliched and sudden, especially the promo art made it seem like it was going to be a lot more epic.

It's a good movie yeah but it's not the best Pixar movie I've ever seen, and yeah I know that it isn't all about plot but you can transmit the same message while also putting more edge on the plot, take Wall-E and Up as an example.

so for that I give it a 7.4/10

Blog Entries

Django Unchained 6/10

Biggest problem was the length. My attention span is nowhere near that long. It was better than I expected though. I felt like Dicaprio was a poor casting choice. He seems too baby-faced to suit a gritty Tarantino movie. It lacked a good soundtrack, one-liners and generally stand out moments. Also the random cameos of people like Jonah Hill and Amber Tamblyn left me feeling like it was a bit of shambles compared to Taratinos other movies.

Bottom line, it was ok. I'd recommend seeing it if you have the patience to sit through it.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Inception: 3/10

Two minutes into it, I was bored out of my mind. Ridiculously confusing and tough to follow, yet somehow predictable at the same time. Should have been a comedy, because the basic concept was silly, but it took itself so seriously.

Who is this git?

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 8/10

A great follow-up to the first two. I can't believe that Shia LaBeouf won't be in the next one. He is what keeps the series going.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Rent-a-Cat

7/10. Really, for me personally I would give it more just on my own preference but trying to think more objectively, I do see how the simplicity of the storyline and the slice of life nature of the events could be quite boring to some people despite the many amusing, surreal features. I went into this with low expectations after seeing a gif from it and deciding to find out where on Earth that came from - and this turned out to work in my favour. The simple, strange charm of the film won me over and the episodic stories and endearing, often repetitive symbolism and dialogue woven through them still generally avoids clichés and makes for a very touching, charming watch with plenty of food for thought too. Definitely a good film for any cat lover or just anyone appreciative of a touching, really quite philosophical story with emotional realism at the same time as a good dose of quirkiness. Don't go into this expecting a dramatic, groundbreaking experience and you might just really enjoy the laid-back, speculative and humble nature of the film - and this is coming from someone with a generally low tolerance for long or boring storylines.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow MonsterMMORPG On Twitter Add MonsterMMORPG on Facebook Add MonsterMMORPG on Google+
    Add MonsterMMORPG on Linkedin Visit MonsterMMORPG's Youtube Channel

I watched Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)

My vote 6

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Django Unchained--10/10

I've never liked Westerns, but everyone was just talking about it so much that I had to see what all the hubbub was about. And now I see. Every aspect of it, the cinematography, the acting, the writing, the soundtrack (especially the soundtrack), all of it was absolutely fucking amazing. On the same level as Pulp Fiction and LotR, even, but of course what do you expect when it's written & directed by Quentin Tarantino? Seriously, my words can't do justice to just how epic this beautiful film was. Go see it ASAP, or you'll just be cheating yourself.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Great comedy, and good acting. Language was pretty strong, but I definitely give it a 9/10.

Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast