Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the Last Movie you Watched

my OBE garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default Re: Rate the Last Movie you Watched

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The group of friends I saw this film with all came out oohing and aahing over it, but it left me feeling strangely cold. It's well-made and, aside from a few plot details which I felt were handled somewhat sloppily (eg: Candace and her abusive boyfriend), there's nothing especially "wrong" with it, but it just didn't do anything for me. The only character I found to be genuinely engaging was the English literature teacher, who was well-played by Paul Rudd, and who brought a touch of humanity to otherwise quite frosty proceedings.

7/10

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Death of a Salesman

Easily a 9/10. I wasn't fond of the stage-like setup they used, personally, but the acting was just... Amazing. Hoffman and Malkovich had me in tears several times. A heartwrenching story told with beautiful accuracy to the original text and perfect casting, in my opinion.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ alpacasso forums ~

Finding Neverland 10/10
    Applejack: OK, this is just gettin' weird. Real me! Real me!

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas.

Not funny at all but the characters are at least likeable and it was very festive.

6/10

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

^~^ Fab's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Midnight in a Paris - 9/10

Immensely enjoyable. Owen Wilson's character has a strong urge of nostalgia for 1920s Paris, and one night whilst walking he encounters a taxi and upon invitation I transported to 1920s Paris. He meets many of the intellectual types from the era; Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Dali. Lovely film, everyone should give it a go.
    its the final countdown nah nah nana dunna nah nah naa dunna nah nah etc

The new Red Dawn remake.

3/10

Relationships and character interactions all seemed very forced. The relationships felt like they were just shoving two people together because they are good looking and so we'll feel bad when they die. There was also way too much story potential for a movie, it would have been much better as a miniseries, as it could have a Walking Dead or Falling Skies kind of feel.

That said, I came into this movie knowing that it would be bad. My friend and I just had to watch it because of reasons that you might not understand. All in all I actually think it was a little bit better than I expected.

Some of the action scenes were good.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Garden State: 6/10

Good, but there was some parts that seemed forced and overall boring.

Blog Entries

The Dark Knight Rises 8/10

Good Movie but is a little weak for two reasons

1.Bane sounds weird
    2.No Mention of whether Batman/Bruce Wayne survived

« Tumbling Dice » Caprizant's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Caprizant on Tumblr

A Christmas Carol (1984 version): 10/10. Watched it in English the last couple of days before vacation. Easily my favorite Christmas movie and a great nostalgia trip for me. Left me in a good mood for the end of the day.

"This is why events unnerve me; they find it all, a different story. Notice whom for wheels are turning—turn again, and turn towards this time."
    Fun & GamesRulesLast.fmThe Planetary Pit StopTumbling DiceBlack Water FallsCeremonyAvatarBannerShop

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw Les Miserables on Christmas.

All I'd really heard of this movie beforehand was a critic on a news channel that was playing on a TV set at a Firestone tire repair place. He had said that fans of the play it's based on would like it, but it would be a very long, arduous mope for everyone else. Well, it wasn't for me! I've never seen the play or read the book, which may be why I liked it. I'm not in a position to compare the movie to the play, but I've heard from those who are that they mixed the song order around. I don't know whether I prefer the play's order or not, since I've never seen it or anything. All I know is that I like what I saw on the screen.

I like musicals. They're the most cinematic kind of movie to me. They feel the most like movies. But I've never seen a movie that's told almost entirely in song, as this one is. I must admit that I wasn't very enthused during the first half-hour or so, because the cinematogrophal style - raw, modern, shaky - didn't seem to mix with the musical style of film. The sudden cuts and many close-ups that are the norm for modern films aren't good for musicals. Musicals need wide-angle shots, tracking shots, long, continous shots, and at first Les Miserables wasn't doing that. But it got better, which is why I was surprised by the time the end came and was left wishing it was even longer.

I don't know how much of the experience of seeing this movie I should accredit to the play or to this adaptational effort. All I know, in my position as a kid who's never seen the play and was only interested because I'd heard of it, is that I like what I saw.

7.5/10

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Skyfall
    Me and Mum finally saw this film last night. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. It wasn't a perfect film by any means, but it was definitely good. There are only a few criticisms I have of the film:
    - 6 MI6 agents died in the gas leak attack on MI6 right? So how come there were 8 coffins?
    - The scene where Silver gives Bond his "present" - a manned, yet passenger-free tube train during rush hour?
    - How did he survive getting shot off the train and falling down a waterfall at the beginning?
    - When he took the bullet out of his chest to get analysed by MI6. I thought he was shot in the chest by Moneypenny? I think he might have been shot by the guy he was chasing in the opening, but I can't remember.

On a more serious note, when they tried to add a more human element to Bond near the end by having him return to his childhood home, I wish they had focused that on Silva instead. Considering all the hype, I found him to be a very underwhelming villain. They should have spent that time in exploring his past relationship with M more.

In regards to M:

I really liked Gareth Mallory. At first he seemed like a typical pen-and-paper douche, but he certainly did redeem himself (the big moment for him was during M's trial, when he took the bullet for M). I wasn't very keen on the new Q though (although I can see Ben Whishaw's casting added well to the ageism theme that Craig and Dench were a part of).

I loved the references to the older Bond films (had to be done for the 50th anniversary film) and it was definitely my favourite Bond film of recent years. It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely one of my top films of 2012 (I'd place it at #2, between The Dark Knight Rises and Marvel's Avengers Assemble).

8/10

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Hobbit - 9/10 (maybe even a 10)

First movie I see that I read as a book first, and it was good one.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

jirachi- wish maker

4/10 must be one of worse pokemon movies tho i still have not seen them all

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Tekken: The Motion Picture - 7.5/10

It's kind of old and has one of those really cheesy 90s dubs, but that kind of added to the charm. It was entertaining, but some things could've been better, like how Michelle is shown like she's going to be important, but almost nothing happens with her. It was kind of just all about Jun, Kazuya, and Lei Wulong.

I've Got That Super Luck. Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

A Haunted House

This movie was a fantastic parody and definitely had me laughing till the end. So it definitely earned a 10/10.

Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast