Rate the last album you listened to!

Thread: Rate the last album you listened to!

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Rate the last album you listened to!

Hello :)

Use this thread to rate the last album you listened to, I'd encourage you to give a very brief review too :)

Scuba's DJ Kicks. This is a dubstep mix CD, at least I think it is dubstep. Really fun listen, certainly will be playing this a lot at work. 9/10

Please use this thread for rating albums, DJ mixes, compilations and EPs, not single songs
    maglev is invisible

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Rate the last album you listened to!

Lana Del Rey's Born to Die 8/10

Some of these songs are dark, but I really love her her voice and a majority of this is really soothing. It's probably the main thing that set it apart from most main stream music (but then again I'm no expert). ^^;
    IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Betty Who - Slow Dancing (EP)

This EP suffers the same problem as her last EP, The Movement--basically, it starts off really strong, but by the end of it I'm pretty much falling asleep. That being said, I would say that the songs on Slow Dancing are overall stronger than those on The Movement, so overall I felt more engaged with this release.

8/10

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Iron Maiden - Live After Death - 9/10
    Greatly superior to most of their later live albums - Bruce Dickinson's voice is in infinitely better shape than it is on the more recent Maiden England '88, and being from the World Slavery Tour means that there's a healthy amount of material from Powerslave (my personal favorite album of theirs), including "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" (my personal favorite song of theirs). The extended version of "Running Free" is also fantastic. Basically it sounds great and the setlist is terrific, which really is all you could want from a live record.

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Mika - The Origin of Love (French Deluxe Edition) - 8.5/10

My favorite Mika album so far. It has a much more polished sound compared to his previous albums (especially compared to Life in Cartoon Motion), and he still brings the quirky Mika lyrics without making them too complicated (something I felt like he did a little too much with The Boy Who Knew Too Much). This deluxe edition doesn't really bring anything significant to the table--the deluxe editions of his albums usually don't, in my opinion--but I enjoy most of the remixes on that disc so there's that. I also haven't yet listened to the other deluxe editions for The Origin of Love to compare which is the best.

Also, I'm retroactively rating Betty Who's Slow Dancing a 7.8/10 because I like decimals too much not to.